This where we are headed if we don't grab the reigns - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This where we are headed if we don't grab the reigns

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ~ BTW, those of us with carry permits are going to be the first ones whose homes are visited when "they" come for the guns, aren't we? Because, of course, we're in THE DATABASE.
    You know that's right. As if we were the enemy. Somebodies focus is in the wrong place. It is easier to control honest, hard working god fearing people instead of gangsters who think it is a right of passage to have a prison tat and a sign of respect for others who glorify that lifestyle or prey on others. A kid in Detroit was found guilty a couple weeks ago for robbing a 90 year old man 5 times.... Sad state of affairs.
    Semper Fi

This article is from a UK based site. Is this story about a UK story or a US story?

Quote Originally Posted by SFC Stu View Post
    When I am confronted with intrusive questions like this one, I write "None of your [email protected] busoness"!
    +1 and if that answer is not good enough I will take my business else where.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

5. Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    +1 and if that answer is not good enough I will take my business else where.
    +1 on top. If you can't dictate your own self worth, anyone will be intrusive to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    When that line in the sand is crossed, all bets are off. The government works for the American taxpayers and it's time we remind them.
    We HAVE been reminding them via Tea Parties, 9/12 DC protest, letter, faxes & phone calls. They're ignoring us and I hope they live to regret it in 2010. I just had an interesting thought: We all know that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. Do you suppose they were predicting the demise of the BO Administration?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    We HAVE been reminding them via Tea Parties, 9/12 DC protest, letter, faxes & phone calls. They're ignoring us and I hope they live to regret it in 2010. I just had an interesting thought: We all know that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. Do you suppose they were predicting the demise of the BO Administration?
    Yep, and they're gonna keep ignoring us, too.

What we're all dancing around is the issue of what, exactly, we're gonna do "when the line is crossed". If we don't clean house in 2010 and 2012, and I'm not optimistic, I believe we're eventually gonna see that "line". They've seen it in Canada, UK, and Australia.

Yeah, we all vow to go down in a hail of gunfire (and I do think a large percentage of us will do just that), but to what end? Individually, we can be taken out easily. I've said this before, I'm in the last third of my life, so I can deal...but what are we leaving for our kids? What are they gonna say about it/us when we're gone?

So, here it is (come get me, Homeland Security): we need an organized Resistance. Oath Keepers? LEO and active military in that group are certainly putting it on the line (think their careers aren't going to suffer?). IMHO, we need to either join them directly or start our own organization which pledges an oath to the Constitution and pledges to stand with Oath Keepers if/when the time comes. My .02 cents.

When it comes to someone who thinks they can raise my sons better then me knocking on my door they will only be granted access with a signed warrant for my house with my name on it and even then I will only let them look at what is on the warrant, the military has been doing those type of questions on our annual physicals for years, smoking, drinking, guns etc. I leave them all blank and tell them none of your business when they ask. And I don't smoke or drink that much, it's just that, none of their damn business.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yep, and they're gonna keep ignoring us, too.

What we're all dancing around is the issue of what, exactly, we're gonna do "when the line is crossed": we need an organized Resistance. Oath Keepers? LEO and active military in that group are certainly putting it on the line (think their careers aren't going to suffer?). IMHO, we need to either join them directly or start our own organization which pledges an oath to the Constitution and pledges to stand with Oath Keepers if/when the time comes. My .02 cents.
    Everyone is invited to join Oath Keepers. Check out their website: Oath Keepers join

"Oath Keepers Membership
    You do NOT have to be an official member to take part in our activities or to help us spread the message. Official membership is optional. Members receive a membership certificate suitable for framing, a membership card, an outreach materials package, and other benefits. Membership is open to anyone (though our focus is on military, reserves, National Guard, police, fire-fighter and veterans, those who are not current or prior service can still be an Oath Keeper – as a citizen who supports our mission)."

Let's do it, Folks. JJFlash is dead on with his thoughts and ideas. I'm ready to commit my finances, skills, time and whatever else it takes to pledge "Not on our watch".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    When that line in the sand is crossed, all bets are off. The government works for the American taxpayers and it's time we remind them.
    Unfortunately, all too often those lines in the sand are only clear in hindsight. A strong argument could be made for that line already having been crossed in places like post-Katrina New Orleans and West Allis, Wisconsin (Weapons confiscation in Wisconsin).

I fear history is being made right this moment. Which side will we we fall on?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Unfortunately, all too often those lines in the sand are only clear in hindsight. A strong argument could be made for that line already having been crossed in places like post-Katrina New Orleans and West Allis, Wisconsin (Weapons confiscation in Wisconsin).

I fear history is being made right this moment. Which side will we we fall on?
    how about a line being crossed having a man in the white house who refuses to show his birth certificate, passport, college records? if our founding fathers were alive to see that....
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast