This where we are headed if we don't grab the reigns
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This where we are headed if we don't grab the reigns

Exclamation This where we are headed if we don't grab the reigns

Health and safety inspectors are to be given unprecedented access to family homes to ensure that parents are protecting their children from household accidents.
    Health and safety snoops to enter family homes - Times Online
    New guidance drawn up at the request of the Department of Health urges councils and other public sector bodies to “collect data” on properties where children are thought to be at “greatest risk of unintentional injury”.

Council staff will then be tasked with overseeing the installation of safety devices in homes, including smoke alarms, stair gates, hot water temperature restrictors, oven guards and window and door locks.

The draft guidance by a committee at the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) has been criticised as intrusive and further evidence of the “creeping nanny state”.

Related Links
    Health and safety: a grave error of judgment
    Scouts banned from carrying knives
    Until now, councils have made only a limited number of home inspections to check on building work and in extreme cases where the state of a house is thought to pose a serious risk to public health.

Nice also recommends the creation of a new government database to allow GPs, midwives and other officials who visit homes to log health and safety concerns they spot.

The guidance aims to “encourage all practitioners who visit families and carers with children and young people aged under 15 to provide home safety advice and, where necessary, conduct a home risk assessment”. It continues: “If possible, they should supply and install home safety equipment.”

The proposals have been put out to consultation and, if approved, will be implemented next year.

Matthew Elliott, of the TaxPayers’ Alliance, said: “It is a huge intervention into family life which will be counter-productive.

“Good parents will feel the intrusion of the state in their homes and bad parents will now have someone else to blame if they don’t bring up their children in a sensible, safe environment.”

About 100,000 children are admitted to hospital each year for home injuries at a cost of £146m.

Personally I do not want the Govt in my business!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Big brother wants to control every aspect of our lives. It will get worse.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Big brother wants to control every aspect of our lives. It will get worse.
    Yes it will get worse, unless we tell these people to take a hike. When I want advise on how to do something, I'll ask for it!

Next thing you know, the government will want to install telescreens in everyone's homes. Then after that, taxes will be increased to finance the Thought Police. Then......... Do you see where this is going?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

This AM, DH and I both had appointments with our primary care physician. We had forms to fill out, since we were scheduled for our annual physicals. I was blown away when one of the questions asked: Do you own firearms? The choices were "yes" or "no". I'm certain that you know which one I put a checkmark beside?

Why I was surprised, I don't know. Our doctor isn't thrilled with the idea of socialized medicine, so it's obvious that the form was "government mandated". I don't think it's "Big Brother" watching. No, it's Dear Leader!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    This AM, DH and I both had appointments with our primary care physician. We had forms to fill out, since we were scheduled for our annual physicals. I was blown away when one of the questions asked: Do you own firearms? The choices were "yes" or "no". I'm certain that you know which one I put a checkmark beside?

Why I was surprised, I don't know. Our doctor isn't thrilled with the idea of socialized medicine, so it's obvious that the form was "government mandated". I don't think it's "Big Brother" watching. No, it's Dear Leader!
    When I am confronted with intrusive questions like this one, I write "None of your [email protected] busoness"!

I have also heard that from several other souses. I think if I am asked that I will leave it blank. If they ask me why I did not answer I will just tell them I can't remember. Guess I am getting old.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I was mailed the forms, so, I did the Big, Black Magic Marker to the whole question....
    Semper Fi

It's interesting to me how I'm becoming, not exactly lawless, but given to scorn more and more rules and regulations from the "government". Recently, for example, I was informed by the better half that I was speeding down the interstate, as is my usual wont (maybe 10 mph over). "Who cares?" "You'll get a ticket". "Big Deal." This is cutting off your nose to spite your face, I guess, but enough is enough. It's all designed to make you FEAR, and I'm not going to live that way.

I fill out forms for the government now, I don't think twice about lying. There is no good that can come from "them" collecting all this information on us. BTW, those of us with carry permits are going to be the first ones whose homes are visited when "they" come for the guns, aren't we? Because, of course, we're in THE DATABASE.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    It's interesting to me how I'm becoming, not exactly lawless, but given to scorn more and more rules and regulations from the "government". Recently, for example, I was informed by the better half that I was speeding down the interstate, as is my usual wont (maybe 10 mph over). "Who cares?" "You'll get a ticket". "Big Deal." This is cutting of your nose to spite your face, I guess, but enough is enough. It's all designed to make you FEAR, and I'm not going to live that way.

I fill out forms for the government now, I don't think twice about lying. There is no good that can come from "them" collecting all this information on us. BTW, those of us with carry permits are going to be the first ones whose homes are visited when "they" come for the guns, aren't we? Because, of course, we're in THE DATABASE.
    When that line in the sand is crossed, all bets are off. The government works for the American taxpayers and it's time we remind them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast