Who Are The OathKeepers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Are The OathKeepers?

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Bohemian, I've come to appreciate your bulldog approach to anything Obama. I expect nothing more than for you to be against anything he touches, talks about or even the air he breaths. However, until he is declared ineligible, he is the president. Not one I voted for or one who's policies I support (at least for the most part), but still the president. A president I sincerely hope is a one termer.
    I will agree to disagree about the being the President part, until at minimum he goes through the same Congressional Hearings John McCain did to answer many of the same questions...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Ahem...

Not the same Oath we took in the military...

Watch the Oath Keepers & the CNN videos...

They have sworn a oath to uphold the Constitution...

They have intentionally omitted "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States" in their oath...
    And their website says something to the effect that they are prepared to stand with other Americans in the event that should be necessary...So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, this says something more than "we will not obey Unconstitutional orders". And I have NO problem with their stand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    And their website says something to the effect that they are prepared to stand with other Americans in the event that should be necessary...So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, this says something more than "we will not obey Unconstitutional orders". And I have NO problem with their stand at all.
    Look closely. No where does it say that they will not obey the orders of the president, it's just not part of the oath they take. They do say they will not obey any order that basically subjugates American citizens. This is a good thing because this would be unconstitutional. I, too, would stand for the people should any government try to remove constitutionally protected rights. I am proud there are Americans of this caliber left in the country and would gladly stand with them to protect the Constitution in it's entirety. It's my belief, however, that this includes obeying the presidents lawful orders.

Oath Keepers Blog Archive Declaration Of Orders We Will Not Obey

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Look closely. No where does it say that they will not obey the orders of the president, it's just not part of the oath they take. They do say they will not obey any order that basically subjugates American citizens. This is a good thing because this would be unconstitutional. I, too, would stand for the people should any government try to remove constitutionally protected rights. I am proud there are Americans of this caliber left in the country and would gladly stand with them to protect the Constitution in it's entirety. It's my belief, however, that this includes obeying the presidents lawful orders.

Oath Keepers Blog Archive Declaration Of Orders We Will Not Obey
    mmm... that's quite a stretch since they explicitly omit "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States" while other wise duplicating the same oath we took when we joined the military and Congress takes.

AND We Have to have a Lawful President before there can be any Lawful Presidential orders to follow...

Listen to the video you posted or attend a Oath Keepers conference near you, and actually take the oath, as I did here in Las Vegas, Nevada where Stuart Rhodes, the founder of Oath Keepers also resides...

Stuart Rhodes unequivocally states the intent of the Oath is to pledge a oath of allegiance to the Constitution, NOT to whomever happens to be President at the time... (Or Usurper in the case of Obama).

Further, "That our role (Oath Keepers) is not to be obedient to who ever happens to be the leader, our oath is to the Constitution and the Republic." - Stuart Rhodes

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    mmm... that's quite a stretch since they explicitly omit "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States" while other wise duplicating the same oath we took when we joined the military and Congress takes.

AND We Have to have a Lawful President before there can be any Lawful Presidential orders to follow...

Listen to the video you posted or attend a Oath Keepers conference near you, and actually take the oath, as I did here in Las Vegas, Nevada where Stuart Rhodes, the founder of Oath Keepers also resides...

Stuart Rhodes unequivocally states the intent of the Oath is to pledge a oath of allegiance to the Constitution, NOT to whomever happens to be President at the time... (Or Usurper in the case of Obama).

Further, "That our role (Oath Keepers) is not to be obedient to who ever happens to be the leader, our oath is to the Constitution and the Republic." - Stuart Rhodes

I think we're talking two sides of the same coin here Bohemian. I agree the oath is to the Constitution, however, part of that Constitution puts the president in charge of the military. I know from our previous discussion (which I'd rather not start again) how you feel about Obama's eligibility and why. Because I don't have that same belief, and because I believe the entire Constitution deserves protection, I have a slightly different slant on when to disobey orders. Even though we have a widely different view of Obama's eligibility I think, overall, we believe in the same basic principles. God, Country, Self.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12