Interseting Party Discussion

Thread: Interseting Party Discussion

Interseting Party Discussion

Last week I attended my friends yearly holiday bash. We call it Nocktoberfest. I usually supply the deer meat (this year 12 roasts) and others bring lots of great foods. Being in Franklin County (the wettest county in the country) there is usually a good assortment of home made spirits as well. My friend is a retired Marine Nam Vet w/2 purple hearts and lots of friends. Sipping some shine and listening to a man play some blue grass I was seated next to a very liberal school teacher. Someone said something about one of my CCW classes and a short time later Ms. Lib decided to share that it was her educated opinion that no one but the police and military should have guns. She went on to say, (I suppose to preempt further discussion) that the 2nd Amendment was written for a different time, and those types of safeguards were no longer required AND she added guns are more dangerous than anything else we could have in our homes. Well the ball well tossed in my court I just smiled, sipped and said "That's Niiiiice" . For those of you not from the south this pretty much the same thing as spitting and saying FU in Jersey.:) All eyes on me I asked the young lady if she had any problems with Free Speech or Religion, She replied no. OK says I, how about the governments ability to seize your home and place soldiers in for free? Again she had no problem with that. Alright says I, and how about restrictions placed on the government that restrict there ability to search you or your home at random? Again, she liked that one as well. I then said after taking another long slow sip, Those along with the Right to keep and bear arms would be the first four Amendments to the Constitution. Written by the same few men at about the same time. To say that the 2nd is outdated and for a different time, is also to say that the other three were written for a different time and are no longer needed. She was smitten as if I had hit her with a brick. I then added that step ladders kill 2 times as many Americans as guns and that cars kill roughly 10 times as many Americans as guns even if she included combat deaths. The difference being you can't stop a rapist with a Volvo. With that I stood and weaved my way back to the bar. I was as gentle as possible. Now here is the kicker. She called me. Not due to my extremely good looks, but to sign up for my next Personal Protection class.

In this time war, recession and a general national funk, it seems that all things are truly possible.

Max

Glad to here you may have converted a liberal.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Although I believe the whole story and that you got a convert what I really want to know is this ...

... now that the shine is wearing off, what did HE really look like

2beararms, Toooo funny dude.
    Actually, she's one of those untouchable babes. You know the kind. Was to pretty to get a date. Much to young for me tho.

I was not at the top of my game to be sure tho. When I said weaved my way to the bar, it wasn't because there were lots of obstacles:)

Take care all, yet to be seen if she fully embraces the 2nd, or is just looking at both sides (which is a start).
    Max

Max, you are da man. Nice touch, all the way around, even to get her to think of the other side.

now that's a great story.. nice job!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Never underestimate a brother redneck. Common sense will prevail. And if it starts to lookin like it wont,introduce her to some of that 'shine.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin