Security - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Security

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I disagree, our elected officials should do what is right, not what the masses want. The problem is the poor have learned they can vote themselves anything, paid for by the rich. ("Tax the Rich, Feed the Poor, 'till there are no Rich no more" Ten Years After — I’d Love To Change The World) The problem is there are more poor than rich, where the majority rules, the rich are screwed.
    This is why I am against universal sufferage, I want a voting base that wants society to improve, not one that wants to be supported by the fruits of anothers labor.
    Written into The Constitution was written laws to seperate the government from the will of the people. Over the years, we, (becasue we are smarter and wiser than our forfathers<sarcasm>), have changed it to give the masses greater power over government. How's that working for us???

Oh, and when you wonder what a necessity is, when did a cell phone become a necessity!!!!

We need to elect people of principle and character, but they have a very difficult time because they do not pander to the masses!!
    I agree to an extent. If we could get the silent majority (I know I keep using that term), many of which do not vote, to finally speak out things would change drastically. Having a rep do "what is right" is a matter of their interpretation. The health care bill is a case in point. The Dems are doing what they say is right and disregarding what all the polls are showing. Representatives need to listen to "the people" and do what they are elected to do which is represent what the majority of their constituents want. Otherwise vote them out.
    Last edited by ronwill; 12-23-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Grammer

One of the best things I've seen in a while was this...

The 28th Amendment: Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .
    Don't know where I first saw it but I hope this catches on.

As for changes, in the "Ektarr for President" platform you'll find the following planks:

• Return to the Gold Standard - Revalue the currency if necessary to get it settled.
    • Elimination of the Federal Reserve. It's not Federal, and there's no Reserve!
    • Flat Tax.
    • Term limits (2) for all Elected Officials - no career politicians.
    • One term - 10 years - for President. No lame ducks...get it done the first time - you'll have plenty of time.
    • All Foreign Aid to unfriendly (non-supportive) countries is immediately suspended.
    • All US Troops out of foreign entanglements (Germany, Turkey, etc.). They don't want us there anyway...let 'em fend for themselves.
    • US Troops assigned to protect the borders, North and South.
    • US out of the UN...UN out of the US. Go to Belgium or France or some other sympathetic country. (P.S.: Pay your fines on the way out!)

There's more, I'm sure, but I just can't think of them at the moment.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

An additional foreign policy plank:

If you screw with the U.S. (like flying planes into buildings and killing innocent civilians), you and your state sponsors are bombed into oblivion. No boots on the ground are necessary and we're not interested in "nation-building". Ya'll find out about the Great Satan up front and personal.

Great fun, eh Ektarr? If only...

security

Quote Originally Posted by charliej47 View Post
    From one of my blogs:

The only security we can have is the security of the grave. As long as we live, there will be security threats that might or might not come true.

Slavery is not security, but perpetual bondage to fear and degradation. To turn all authority over to “the Government” or someone who says that only they can make the right decisions because only they know the will of God is to go willingly into slavery.

Patrick Henry’s speech of “Give me liberty or give me death” is very relevant today as we still hear the debate on security, liberty and freedoms.

Benjamin Franklin’s observations on trading essential liberties to obtain an illusion of safety and security directly give weight to the idea that appeasement in the long run will not work. Time and time again history has shown the results of these policies.

'If You Don't Stand for Something - You'll Fall For Anything' is described in a popular Country song. This statement says it all. IT has been attributed to Malcolm X

Malcolm X was very articulated in his views on personal dignity and freedom are as true today as they were when he made them. While he might not have been the first person to speak them, he refocused thoughts onto them in his time.

I view civilization as a social contract between me and Society. I work and pay taxes. I served in the military as I believed that I had an obligation to society. I believe that Society owes me certain things in return.

The laws we enact serve as the lubricant for the members of Society. It has been said that a “bad Law” is unenforceable and will only be used as an exception and not the rule. The exception can be good or bad depending on how it is used.

Civilization is a living process that is constantly changing. To determine if the changes are good or bad requires time and reflection on the outcome of those changes.

Education allows us to view history and other cultures and compare them to ours. The denial of basic education denies us the “right” to make informed decisions that will effect us and our families for years, possibly our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

I look around us and wonder how so many can let themselves be led into slavery and bondage. For that is the situation today for a vast majority of the population of the world.

They have let themselves be blinkered through ignorance and hatred into accepting beliefs that even the most basic educational standards would prove wrong.

It has been said that religious beliefs have caused more wars than anything else.

In the United States there is the standard of “separation of Church and State”. This is written into the Constitution and is taught in every public and most private schools. Yet we have people in this country that would ignore history and combine the two because only they “know the will of God” and therefore anything they do had God’s blessings. The same is true for those who proclaim they “know the will of the people” and only they can interpret it correctly.
    well said sir, i for one salute you,your wisdom and patriotism!

security

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    In JJFlash's America:

If you don't have skin in the game (like paying taxes), then you don't get to vote.

If you can't read the ballot in English, then you don't get to vote.

If you're too stupid to fill in the correct circle on the ballot or in any way, cannot effectively use the balloting system in place, then your vote is out. No dangling chads. We need intelligent voters.

If you're elected on the basis of campaign promises you made to the electorate and then do not honor those promises, you cannot run for an immediate second term.

All bills submitted for consideration by any Senator or Congressman undergo Constitutional review before they can be voted on. If the bill fails Constitutional muster, it immediately dies.

There will be no "closed door" wheeling and dealing. All panels, committees, commissions, and conversations among the elected reps will be televised and taped. No exceptions.

A candidate running for election in a particular state will draw all of his/her monetary support from citizens in that state. No out-of-state corporate sponsorships.

No more incumbency "war chests". When a long-term incumbent runs for re-election, he/she can only spend what his/her opponent spends. We need citizen-legislators, not career politicians.

And of course, there will be term limits. In fact, if term limits could be put in place, many of the above maxims would be un-necessary.

Feel free to add, delete, modify. This is what I came up with over morning coffee.

Jack
    i agree that term limits should be imposed on all elected officals, that way they can't be corupted by big money if big money knows they won't have paid hacks to further their intrest. and there should be NO tax dollars given to anyone like seiu or any of there ilk, that would cut down on election fraud. i belive all elected officials should have to post how they voted on a bill and should be televised, no more closed door back room deals. the old saying goes a fish rots from the head down!

[QUOTE=JJFlash;103349]In JJFlash's America:

If you're elected on the basis of campaign promises you made to the electorate and then do not honor those promises, you cannot run for an immediate second term.

rather, be IMPEACHED!!!

8. My perfect America:1 five year term FOR LIFE for either senate or congress, and 1 six year term for president would be about right. That WOULD include a minimum five years before they could run for any other office. Voila! No more life long politicions, because they could only have one term in the senate,one in congress, and one as president in their lifes maximum.Yes, we would lose some good people, but, we would get rid of even more power hungry bad people.

Thanks CJ This has turned to be a interesting thread... Thanks for your post,
    JJ, Ektarr, I have a plank that needs to be discused as well. Abolish the Two Party System and run on ones philosophies and resumes. At the same time, by using computer systems already in place we can use popular vote instead of the Electoral College. Also News or Media organiztions will be prohibited to do any forcasting until all of the polls have closed for an hour nation wide, that would be after midnight on the east coast based on Hawaiian Standard time.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tdeanl View Post
    My perfect America:1 five year term FOR LIFE for either senate or congress, and 1 six year term for president would be about right. That WOULD include a minimum five years before they could run for any other office. Voila! No more life long politicions, because they could only have one term in the senate,one in congress, and one as president in their lifes maximum.Yes, we would lose some good people, but, we would get rid of even more power hungry bad people.
    Only problem with that is.........Do you think you could stand five or six years of some current politicians? I don't like to think about an election every six years. Maybe two-year terms, two terms, maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Thanks CJ This has turned to be a interesting thread... Thanks for your post,
    JJ, Ektarr, I have a plank that needs to be discused as well. Abolish the Two Party System and run on ones philosophies and resumes. At the same time, by using computer systems already in place we can use popular vote instead of the Electoral College. Also News or Media organiztions will be prohibited to do any forcasting until all of the polls have closed for an hour nation wide, that would be after midnight on the east coast based on Hawaiian Standard time.
    THAT sounds like a good idea! Back to what I posted earlier, if they DO NOT do as promised in campaigning, impeachment follows.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast