Security
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Security

Smile Security

From one of my blogs:

The only security we can have is the security of the grave. As long as we live, there will be security threats that might or might not come true.

Slavery is not security, but perpetual bondage to fear and degradation. To turn all authority over to “the Government” or someone who says that only they can make the right decisions because only they know the will of God is to go willingly into slavery.

Patrick Henry’s speech of “Give me liberty or give me death” is very relevant today as we still hear the debate on security, liberty and freedoms.

Benjamin Franklin’s observations on trading essential liberties to obtain an illusion of safety and security directly give weight to the idea that appeasement in the long run will not work. Time and time again history has shown the results of these policies.

'If You Don't Stand for Something - You'll Fall For Anything' is described in a popular Country song. This statement says it all. IT has been attributed to Malcolm X

Malcolm X was very articulated in his views on personal dignity and freedom are as true today as they were when he made them. While he might not have been the first person to speak them, he refocused thoughts onto them in his time.

I view civilization as a social contract between me and Society. I work and pay taxes. I served in the military as I believed that I had an obligation to society. I believe that Society owes me certain things in return.

The laws we enact serve as the lubricant for the members of Society. It has been said that a “bad Law” is unenforceable and will only be used as an exception and not the rule. The exception can be good or bad depending on how it is used.

Civilization is a living process that is constantly changing. To determine if the changes are good or bad requires time and reflection on the outcome of those changes.

Education allows us to view history and other cultures and compare them to ours. The denial of basic education denies us the “right” to make informed decisions that will effect us and our families for years, possibly our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

I look around us and wonder how so many can let themselves be led into slavery and bondage. For that is the situation today for a vast majority of the population of the world.

They have let themselves be blinkered through ignorance and hatred into accepting beliefs that even the most basic educational standards would prove wrong.

It has been said that religious beliefs have caused more wars than anything else.

In the United States there is the standard of “separation of Church and State”. This is written into the Constitution and is taught in every public and most private schools. Yet we have people in this country that would ignore history and combine the two because only they “know the will of God” and therefore anything they do had God’s blessings. The same is true for those who proclaim they “know the will of the people” and only they can interpret it correctly.

Get back to me when you can find separation of Church and State in the Constitution. That is a myth just like the myth that the second amendment was a corporate right rather than an individual right. What the Constitution DOES say is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"; If one will study all the writings of the founding fathers if will become clear. By the way there has been a lot of garbage taught as fact in the public schools.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

HK is right, there is no separation of church and state in the Constitution. This false belief has permeated the nation to such an extent that it allows special interest groups to have the Ten Commandments removed from court houses and public displays, to have "Christmas" removed from display in government buildings and to have any reference to Christianity removed from public transportation. The only way to stop this is for the so called "silent majority" to become extremely outspoken and to vote representatives out that allow this to happen.

When I speak of separation I do talk about the clause that says the federal government will not establish a religion by law.

I will say that I agree with the rulings that have said that the federal government will not subsidize religion. This is the separation that I am discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    HK is right, there is no separation of church and state in the Constitution. This false belief has permeated the nation to such an extent that it allows special interest groups to have the Ten Commandments removed from court houses and public displays, to have "Christmas" removed from display in government buildings and to have any reference to Christianity removed from public transportation. The only way to stop this is for the so called "silent majority" to become extremely outspoken and to vote representatives out that allow this to happen.
    if voting actually worked.. then I would agree with you.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    +1.

In addition, what if the "silent majority" desires that the "gov't" give them the necessities of life? That is what I think is going on today: eventually, and very soon, the "traditional American" who believes in the Constitution as written, will be in the distinct minority. This has been predicted by earlier writers (e.g., Alexis Touqueville, circa 1835), that is, the American experiment will be over when the people realize they can votes themselves money from the federal treasury. Anyone want to tell me that is NOT what is going on in our country today?

As far as I'm concerned, the vast majority of people vote for the candidate who promises them goodies and and an easier life. Who votes for "the good of the country"? And of course, my discussion presumes that the voting system/process itself is not corrupted, which of course it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Voting would work if representatives were actually replaced that disregarded what their constituents wanted. The problem lays with people keeping reps in because, at the end of their term, they tend to change the way they do things. Why do you think they want to push the heath care bill through now? It seems many people have short term memories when it comes to voting and only see the last few days.

9. Excellent post!! I would disagree with a couple of things, or rather refine them a little.

"The laws we enact serve as the lubricant for the members of Society. It has been said that a “bad Law” is unenforceable and will only be used as an exception and not the rule. The exception can be good or bad depending on how it is used."

Courtesy, manners and ettiquette are the lubricant of society, and provide specific guidlines for behavior under most circumstances. This is one of the reasons our society is falling apart, liberals have said we have to accept all behavior, no matter how bizaar, so the oil is being drained, our children, with no proper guidence and absoulte freedom are running rampant and setting each other on fire, and people are turning to violence where there should be respect, or at least the trappings of respect. The law is used for the government to control the people, period. In a Free society, the laws are minimal and easily understood, most issues are resolved by Social code, not legal. In a tyranny, laws are many and enforcement is selective. One definition of tyranny is when a person does not know if what they are doing is illegal. Have you looked at our tax code???? much less the rest of our legal code. Guess what folks........

On a side note, it is all over the news that a MA woman dialed 911 because her 14 year old was playing vidoe games and wouldn't go to sleep. This is the ultimate expression of liberal ideology, a parent is not permitted (now about 2 or 3 generations, so many do not even know how) to punish their children (or the state will intervene and possibly throw you in jail), so the children run amok. When this happens, the parent now calls the state (police) to come raise the children for them. The police the convince the child it is time to go to bed. WTF!!!??? We now need the government to solve all of our problems, including raising our children!!!

On the Church and State issue -- from my understanding of our Founding Fathers, the Seperation of Church and State is a simplification of the intent of the First Amendment. It is not designed to remove any religeous displays, actually just the opposite, all displays are acceptable, under law, and government should not be able to prohibit them. It does say, the Government shall not establish a religeon. The intent is to prevent a theocracy. Our Founding Fathers knew Religeon established the basis for morality, which is required for a healthy society.

Peace and Joy during the Holiday Season to all (love thy enemies). Merry Christmas!!!
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

10. Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Voting would work if representatives were actually replaced that disregarded what their constituents wanted. The problem lays with people keeping reps in because, at the end of their term, they tend to change the way they do things. Why do you think they want to push the heath care bill through now? It seems many people have short term memories when it comes to voting and only see the last few days.
    I disagree, our elected officials should do what is right, not what the masses want. The problem is the poor have learned they can vote themselves anything, paid for by the rich. ("Tax the Rich, Feed the Poor, 'till there are no Rich no more" Ten Years After — I’d Love To Change The World) The problem is there are more poor than rich, where the majority rules, the rich are screwed.
    This is why I am against universal sufferage, I want a voting base that wants society to improve, not one that wants to be supported by the fruits of anothers labor.
    Written into The Constitution was written laws to seperate the government from the will of the people. Over the years, we, (becasue we are smarter and wiser than our forfathers<sarcasm>), have changed it to give the masses greater power over government. How's that working for us???

Oh, and when you wonder what a necessity is, when did a cell phone become a necessity!!!!

We need to elect people of principle and character, but they have a very difficult time because they do not pander to the masses!!
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

In JJFlash's America:

If you don't have skin in the game (like paying taxes), then you don't get to vote.

If you can't read the ballot in English, then you don't get to vote.

If you're too stupid to fill in the correct circle on the ballot or in any way, cannot effectively use the balloting system in place, then your vote is out. No dangling chads. We need intelligent voters.

If you're elected on the basis of campaign promises you made to the electorate and then do not honor those promises, you cannot run for an immediate second term.

All bills submitted for consideration by any Senator or Congressman undergo Constitutional review before they can be voted on. If the bill fails Constitutional muster, it immediately dies.

There will be no "closed door" wheeling and dealing. All panels, committees, commissions, and conversations among the elected reps will be televised and taped. No exceptions.

A candidate running for election in a particular state will draw all of his/her monetary support from citizens in that state. No out-of-state corporate sponsorships.

No more incumbency "war chests". When a long-term incumbent runs for re-election, he/she can only spend what his/her opponent spends. We need citizen-legislators, not career politicians.

And of course, there will be term limits. In fact, if term limits could be put in place, many of the above maxims would be un-necessary.

Feel free to add, delete, modify. This is what I came up with over morning coffee.

Jack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast