should christmas carols be allowed in schools? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: should christmas carols be allowed in schools?

"Why do you as a Christian feel its OK to trample other beleifs, so long as they're not yours?
    If there was an organized quanza party at a school you'd be OK having to pull your kid out?
    Is it OK for a "atheist gift exchange" to replace christmas as an organized event in school, and not have any alternative christmas party, or "if you don't like it don't come".

If you truely look at things, it is not the Christians tramplng over others, it is others tramping over the Christians. This country is based on freedom of all to believe as they wish. Ok you don't believe in something fine, don't use your nonbelief to stop my belief.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

3. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I beg to differ. Christians are the brunt of jokes and all sorts of garbage. You must not watch much t.v. or go to see Holly weird movies. The above garbage that you posted is a good example. Our public schools are a cesspool of secular humanism which by the way has been defined as a religion. That is why I chose to home school, to keep my kids from their secular, government sanctioned brain washing. We were founded by men who for the most part held traditional Christian beliefs. The Soviet Union on the other hand has been run by atheists. How is that working out for them?
    lol see Sweden Atheist rate vs. Sweden Crime Rate then see US Christian Rate vs US Crime Rate

Then look at US Crime Rate vs Sweden Crime Rate...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Anyhow, I just think we all ought to not ***** about any particular religion's celebrations. There's enough room for every religion to have a celebration.
    I don't like Kwanza, but I don't protest when they are out hanging kwanza signs on their business doors.
    I don't celebrate hanuka, or however you spell it, but I don't care when the Jews celebrate it.
    I don't even like navidad, but when the illegal mexicans are having their festival, it doesn't bother me.

Maybe I'm just too liberal.
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    lol see Sweden Atheist rate vs. Sweden Crime Rate then see US Christian Rate vs US Crime Rate

Then look at US Crime Rate vs Sweden Crime Rate...
    Yes the crime rate in the U.S has really sky rocketed. Think it started about the time the atheists whined long enough to get prayer out of public schools. The crime in public schools alone has increased exceptionally sense the days that I was in school. I would hate to be a child in one today.

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

The above is rule 27 and 28 from the communist 45 Declared Goals
    for America. If you like them so much read the rest you might really like them also.

The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

This country was founded by people of Christian faith, and therefore Christmas is one of our countries most sacred holidays. All I ask is that if you are not Christian, please don't try to spoil it for the rest of us.

7. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Yes the crime rate in the U.S has really sky rocketed. Think it started about the time the atheists whined long enough to get prayer out of public schools. The crime in public schools alone has increased exceptionally sense the days that I was in school. I would hate to be a child in one today.

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

The above is rule 27 and 28 from the communist 45 Declared Goals
    for America. If you like them so much read the rest you might really like them also.

The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals
    So you blame the lack of religion in the U.S for the crime rate, yet completely ignore the fact that Sweden is mainly atheist and has a much lower crime rate than the U.S? Talk about a big head...

You're saying that I'm pressing a communist agenda? I just feel that religion is used to control people. There are over 10,000 different religions in the world- after reading some of the comments here it is no wonder that religion has been the cause or at least a factor in many wars.

If you're too stubborn to see that out of 10k religions in the world you have a sliver of a chance of having picked the real one then please go buy a lottery ticket...

Many people that have no religion as a child. IE: Their parents don't go to church, etc. become atheist or at least agnostic- I wonder why... :-D
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

8. Quote Originally Posted by david01 View Post
    This country was founded by people of Christian faith, and therefore Christmas is one of our countries most sacred holidays. All I ask is that if you are not Christian, please don't try to spoil it for the rest of us.
    Not trying to spoil your Christmas...I just think its an unecessary distraction in a tax-funded school system. Again, I don't care enough to write my congressman, but if I was say Jewish or some other religion I'd be upset that my taxes are partially funding a Christmas party...

Now for private schools- all bets are off if its a catholic, christian, jewish, etc. school..or as HK said homeschool...

So you blame the lack of religion in the U.S for the crime rate, yet completely ignore the fact that Sweden is mainly atheist and has a much lower crime rate than the U.S? Talk about a big head...

You're saying that I'm pressing a communist agenda? I just feel that religion is used to control people. There are over 10,000 different religions in the world- after reading some of the comments here it is no wonder that religion has been the cause or at least a factor in many wars.

If you're too stubborn to see that out of 10k religions in the world you have a sliver of a chance of having picked the real one then please go buy a lottery ticket...

Many people that have no religion as a child. IE: Their parents don't go to church, etc. become atheist or at least agnostic- I wonder why... :-D
    Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am not likely to change your views and you sure are not going cause me to turn my back on my savior. My desire to worship him and following him in no way is intended to offend anyone else but I have said before if it does then oh well. God comes first.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

ClearSight your non-belief is just as much a right as any religious freedom and no one should hold that against you. The only problem would be if you tried to force that belief on others or remove their right to choose. As for your question: "excusing" the "minority" of people who don't want to partake- why should they miss the Holiday party because of religion?", you can still be a part of the party and don't have to sing religious Christmas songs and by not allowing them aren't you making others miss out on their beliefs? I do believe that they should be allowed in schools, just as I do with VOLUNTARY prayer. This goes along the same lines as removing "Christmas" from displays, it deprives a right to some so I consider wrong. If I say "Merry Christmas" to someone and they say "Happy Hanukkah", or nothing at all, I'm not going to be offended. Why should anyone be offended by Merry Christmas, think of it as "have a great day".

did not mean to imply that you were purposely trying to advance the communist agenda however your belief on the subject falls in line with what they feel should be accomplished in order to advance their cause. The fact that so many in America believe as you do on the subject proves that much of what they have tried to do has come to pass. Not only their blatant attack on religion but all of the list. God help us.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast