should christmas carols be allowed in schools? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: should christmas carols be allowed in schools?

1. Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    To clarify- this isn't about YOU or YOUR CHILD or YOUR FRIEND wanting to take time out of their day and Pray- at school, at work, at Walmart, wherever.

This is about an ORGANIZED event, or an event in which is not private. If you want to pray before eating I have no problem with that. If the teacher wants to play christmas songs for the entire class to hear- then I don't like it...I think you have every right to Pray in schools, at work, etc. I don't want to infringe on that. Again, I just don't think an entire class should have it forced on them.
    Bull. You are demanding I do not exercise my rights because they offend you. I am truly sorry you are offended by Christmas Carols, but I say Tough. Suck it up and let the rest of us enjoy our holiday.

I will not put up with a bunch of PC crap trying to push Christmas out of the public eye any more.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

3. Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Bull. You are demanding I do not exercise my rights because they offend you. I am truly sorry you are offended by Christmas Carols, but I say Tough. Suck it up and let the rest of us enjoy our holiday.

I will not put up with a bunch of PC crap trying to push Christmas out of the public eye any more.
    lol calm down buddy. Again, take your time to pray or do w/e religious thing you'd like but don't force it on an entire class.

I think you're the one who will have to suck it up...

Look:

Pledge of allegiance "one nation under god" is not said any more...
    Christmas is now "Holiday" or "Winter Vacation"
    "In God We Trust" will soon be removed from currency...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    While we're on the topic expect suits over the "In god we trust" on all currency...
    ...and watch for a major overload backlash, up to and including the possibility of secessions, in response. Do you really think that America will stand by meekly and permit that?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    ...and watch for a major overload backlash, up to and including the possibility of secessions, in response. Do you really think that America will stand by meekly and permit that?
    Yes.

Again "one nation under god" not said anymore..
    Christmas is "Holiday" or "winter vacation"

why would anyone bat an eye over that...I'm sure no one would even notice since so many use plastic instead of cash...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

We'll see.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    We'll see.
    Indeed we will...

I say One Nation Under God all the time. Christmas is a mass for Christ. I think we should have secessions. Lets divide into two nations. Let the all the atheists, Godless, communists have their half and let the rest have a nation like we had over two hundred years ago.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I don't know what part of the world you live in CllearSightTactical, but here we always say "one nation under God". Christmas was not a bad word over 200 years ago when our founding fathers where hear. Bottom line these days if you are a conservative you have know first amendment rights. If you don't believe that just disagree with a liberal, they will make sure you know that.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

10. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I say One Nation Under God all the time. Christmas is a mass for Christ. I think we should have secessions. Lets divide into two nations. Let the all the atheists, Godless, communists have their half and let the rest have a nation like we had over two hundred years ago.
    What is with you and your holier than thou attitude towards atheists? Why do you link atheism and communism together? I don't link Christianity to the extremists. Furthermore, you consistently ignore current existing statistics that show communities with little religion seem to have less crime. So by your standards I guess Christians are violent, arrogant criminals...

For an overwhelming part of U.S. history, America's motto was purely secular, "E Pluribus Unum" (From many [come] one). E Pluribus Unum was chosen by a committee of Jefferson, Adams and Franklin. Many Americans mistakenly assume our founders chose "In God We Trust" as the motto, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our founders were committed to a secular government. For most of U.S. history, our money was likewise free of religion.

Now, since you were so happy to name the founders in all of this I hope you take their lead and agree that "In God We Trust" needs to be removed! But, I doubt any of you will.

In 1924 the pledge of allegiance read:
    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands:
    one Nation indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.
    in 1954 under Eisenhower the words UNDER GOD were inserted.
    Public schools in NM do NOT say "under god".

The "In God We Trust" wasn't even on paper currency until the late 50's

Also, FYI "In God We Trust" has already been removed from $1 coins, as well as penny's, and soon will be removed from all currency- as it should be.

If you're so arrogant as to threat secession due to religion, I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    What is with you and your holier than thou attitude towards atheists? Why do you link atheism and communism together? I don't link Christianity to the extremists. Furthermore, you consistently ignore current existing statistics that show communities with little religion seem to have less crime. So by your standards I guess Christians are violent, arrogant criminals...

For an overwhelming part of U.S. history, America's motto was purely secular, "E Pluribus Unum" (From many [come] one). E Pluribus Unum was chosen by a committee of Jefferson, Adams and Franklin. Many Americans mistakenly assume our founders chose "In God We Trust" as the motto, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our founders were committed to a secular government. For most of U.S. history, our money was likewise free of religion.

Now, since you were so happy to name the founders in all of this I hope you take their lead and agree that "In God We Trust" needs to be removed! But, I doubt any of you will.

In 1924 the pledge of allegiance read:
    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands:
    one Nation indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.
    in 1954 under Eisenhower the words UNDER GOD were inserted.

Now, since you were so happy to name the founders in all of this I hope you take their lead and agree that "In God We Trust" needs to be removed!
    Public schools in NM do NOT say "under god".

The "In God We Trust" wasn't even on paper currency until the late 50's

Also, FYI "In God We Trust" has already been removed from $1 coins, as well as penny's, and soon will be removed from all currency- as it should be.

If you're so arrogant as to threat secession due to religion, I wish you all the best.

What planet are you from? Which founding father are you referring to seeing as how as you pointed out that part was added a long time after they were dead. Again you are wrong, the founders were not committed to a secular government. You seem to have the ability to reason logical to the wrong conclusion.
    If you really want to know the truth and not remain ignorant on the subject the following would make good reading. I have my doubts that you will though because you have your mind made up and are not going to let anyone confuse you with the facts.

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - Unconfirmed Quotations

WallBuilders - Historical Writings - The Founders As Christians
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast