should christmas carols be allowed in schools? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82

Thread: should christmas carols be allowed in schools?

  1. #41
    Furthermore, you consistently ignore current existing statistics that show communities with little religion seem to have less crime. So by your standards I guess Christians are violent, arrogant criminals...

    Yes and the left leaning liberals have their statistics that indicate the absence of guns reduces crime. I guess you believe that lie to.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    What planet are you from? Which founding father are you referring to seeing as how as you pointed out that part was added a long time after they were dead. Again you are wrong, the founders were not committed to a secular government. You seem to have the ability to reason logical to the wrong conclusion.
    If you really want to know the truth and not remain ignorant on the subject the following would make good reading. I have my doubts that you will though because you have your mind made up and are not going to let anyone confuse you with the facts.

    WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - Unconfirmed Quotations

    WallBuilders - Historical Writings - The Founders As Christians
    Religious people don't usually refer to LOGIC in their arguments. I'll review the 2 links and get back to ya.

    You of course are reading from your side which is biased, just as mine.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Religious people don't usually refer to LOGIC in their arguments. I'll review the 2 links and get back to ya.

    You of course are reading from your side which is biased, just as mine.
    CST, just curious, have you ever read any writings by C.S.Lewis? An avowed atheist (a contemporary of J.R.R. Tolkien of Lord of the Rings fame), he initially became a Christian thru the application of logic. Not trying to convert ya, bro, just sayin...

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    CST, just curious, have you ever read any writings by C.S.Lewis? An avowed atheist (a contemporary of J.R.R. Tolkien of Lord of the Rings fame), he initially became a Christian thru the application of logic. Not trying to convert ya, bro, just sayin...
    I have not, is he an author of books of articles, can you PM me a link?
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    desha, arkansas
    Posts
    446

    christmas in school

    Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    This nation was founded on Judeao Christian values and Christmas is a Christian holiday. If you don't want to celebrate it with us then that is your choice. But don't tell me how to celebrate my faith.

    By the way Christmas is about the birth of Jesus not about drinking or gifts.
    amen brother!

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    desha, arkansas
    Posts
    446

    christmas in school

    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    What is with you and your holier than thou attitude towards atheists? Why do you link atheism and communism together? I don't link Christianity to the extremists. Furthermore, you consistently ignore current existing statistics that show communities with little religion seem to have less crime. So by your standards I guess Christians are violent, arrogant criminals...


    For an overwhelming part of U.S. history, America's motto was purely secular, "E Pluribus Unum" (From many [come] one). E Pluribus Unum was chosen by a committee of Jefferson, Adams and Franklin. Many Americans mistakenly assume our founders chose "In God We Trust" as the motto, but nothing could be further from the truth. Our founders were committed to a secular government. For most of U.S. history, our money was likewise free of religion.

    Now, since you were so happy to name the founders in all of this I hope you take their lead and agree that "In God We Trust" needs to be removed! But, I doubt any of you will.

    In 1924 the pledge of allegiance read:
    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands:
    one Nation indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.
    in 1954 under Eisenhower the words UNDER GOD were inserted.
    Public schools in NM do NOT say "under god".

    The "In God We Trust" wasn't even on paper currency until the late 50's


    Also, FYI "In God We Trust" has already been removed from $1 coins, as well as penny's, and soon will be removed from all currency- as it should be.

    If you're so arrogant as to threat secession due to religion, I wish you all the best.
    perhaps it's a good thing your selling that glock!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    perhaps it's a good thing your selling that glock!
    Because I have a Kimber that took its place...what is that supposed to mean?
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

  9. #48
    Truth be told, I don't like the "one Nation, indivisible" part of the pledge. Was not the country founded on the ideal of sovereign states, with a WEAK central government? That each state could participate or not, as each saw fit?

    Of course, that great American president, A. Lincoln, put an end to that nonsense. So, I find this part of the pledge to be...wait for it...Unconstitutional.

    I'm open to correction, if necessary, but there it is...

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    desha, arkansas
    Posts
    446

    cristmas in school

    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Because I have a Kimber that took its place...what is that supposed to mean?
    it's supposed to mean the liberals are trying to impose there will on the rest of us who fear god and were brought up to belive in god given rights that so many liberals want to take away. just look at the potus and his croneys!

  11. I steal my wisdom from wherever I can find it.

     
    Ben Stein's Remarks from CBS Sunday Morning: WAY TO GO BEN! "I Only hope we find GOD again before it is too late ! !" The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary. My confession: I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees, Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are, Christmas trees. It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key
    intersection near my beach house in Malibu . If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away. I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat. Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to. In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking. Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her 'How could God let something like this happen?' (regarding Hurricane Katrina).. Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, 'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out.. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?' In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years
    ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK. Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said okay.. Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves. Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.' Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
    Are you laughing yet? Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it. Funny how we can be more worried about what other
    people think of us than what God thinks of us. Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not, then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in. My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully, Ben Stein
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast