should christmas carols be allowed in schools? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: should christmas carols be allowed in schools?

1. this thread is insane, and exactly the reason we are in so much trouble. Everyone has to take an extreme position and demand their position be enforced to the max. We sound like a bunch of lawyers.

THEY"RE CHRISTMAS CAROLS!!!!! get a life. show some reason. They are not indoctrinating anyone into their religeon, they're Christmas Carols. They are not going to make atheists belive, Jews convert, or the Red Sea part!!!! Sing the freaking carols, and the dradle song, and anything else the kids want to do. It is stupid that a law has to be passed permitting this in the first place. If the kids want to sing carols, let them sing, who cares.

And if you do not see a diffence betewwn a carol and baby got back, you need more help than I can provide.

end rant
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Hey, I am forced to celebrate his holiday. You know April 1st
    Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    this thread is insane, and exactly the reason we are in so much trouble. Everyone has to take an extreme position and demand their position be enforced to the max. We sound like a bunch of lawyers.

THEY"RE CHRISTMAS CAROLS!!!!! get a life. show some reason. They are not indoctrinating anyone into their religeon, they're Christmas Carols. They are not going to make atheists belive, Jews convert, or the Red Sea part!!!! Sing the freaking carols, and the dradle song, and anything else the kids want to do. It is stupid that a law has to be passed permitting this in the first place. If the kids want to sing carols, let them sing, who cares.

And if you do not see a diffence betewwn a carol and baby got back, you need more help than I can provide.

end rant
    If its not a big deal I think its just as easy to go without. They are too indoctrinating. Maybe not you or I but an impressionable child. Also, the baby got back reference was an extreme example, and has since been revised to a sermon from the church of Satan...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    If its not a big deal I think its just as easy to go without. They are too indoctrinating. Maybe not you or I but an impressionable child. Also, the baby got back reference was an extreme example, and has since been revised to a sermon from the church of Satan...

In other words it is no big deal to have it your way. I am so sick of the atheist cry babies in this country. Somebody offended me. My feelings are hurt. Don't talk or sing about God around me or I might cry. Infidels like you are what is wrong with this country. Why don't you move to some communist country where you belong and can be with other cry baby atheists like you. Now I will do as the Bible teaches when confronted by someone like you and "shake the dust of my feet" and move on. Have a nice eternity.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    In other words it is no big deal to have it your way. I am so sick of the atheist cry babies in this country. Somebody offended me. My feelings are hurt. Don't talk or sing about God around me or I might cry. Infidels like you are what is wrong with this country. Why don't you move to some communist country where you belong and can be with other cry baby atheists like you. Now I will do as the Bible teaches when confronted by someone like you and "shake the dust of my feet" and move on. Have a nice eternity.
    wow...

What does communism have to do with atheism? I never said its no big deal, I said to another poster that if its no big deal, then why have it...

You're the cry baby. "We need god in schools, we need god in ____, we need god we need god". Shut up already. "I keep my kids from a secular government". I feel sorry for them because they're missing out on a normal child hood because of your belief. Just sheltering them from the real world doesn't change the world- but I guess you were taught if you wish & hope enough it just might-

You confronted me not the opposite, with your holier than thou "I'm a Christian and better than you" attitude. Are you so insecure about your own belief that you have to defend it to some guy on a message board?
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

wow...

What does communism have to do with atheism? I never said its no big deal, I said to another poster that if its no big deal, then why have it...

You're the cry baby. "We need god in schools, we need god in ____, we need god we need god". Shut up already. "I keep my kids from a secular government". I feel sorry for them because they're missing out on a normal child hood because of your belief. Just sheltering them from the real world doesn't change the world- but I guess you were taught if you wish & hope enough it just might-

You confronted me not the opposite, with your holier than thou "I'm a Christian and better than you" attitude. Are you so insecure about your own belief that you have to defend it to some guy on a message board?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. PM sent to HK4U:

I wanted to apologize for my comments on the board "should carols be allowed in school". I shouldn't have personally attacked your beliefs, and should have left your kids being home schooled out of it.

You seem like a good guy. We will just have to disagree on the matter. Other than religion it seems we have quite a bit in common..

Thanks for the good debate lol.

This is also going to be posted on the forum to show that I'm not playing 2 sides lol...

PM sent to HK4U:
    We will put behind us what we disagree on and concentrate on the areas we do agree.

Uh...guys? Given your belief in the 2A, the Constitution, and the Republic, you may find yourselves fighting side by side if the S ever HTF. So, a little tolerance (I've come to hate the word but it seems appropriate here) on both parts would be appreciated. I'm certainly not gonna shoot the atheist in the foxhole with me and I would hope the atheist wouldn't shoot me.

HK, I'm not telling you about the spinter in your eye because of the log in mine but we're not gonna win believers by telling 'em to piss off. CST, same goes, HK is a patriot, has paid his dues and deserves respect.

In the spirit of open discussion, CST, I have a question or two for ya. If you raise your kids to be "free thinkers" and Mom and Pop are atheists (presumably), are they not getting only one side of the equation? Where do they learn of the other side? So...if they came home from school and said they heard/sang Christmas carols, would this not be a good thing as per "free thinking"? How do you react? Do you tell 'em it's BS or do you have a concerted discussion about some folks' belief in a Creator? Just curious...

Everybody take a deeeeep breath...and keep your hands off that gun!!

Should Christmas Carols be allowed in schools?

Nope. Neither should we allow Christmas Carls, Christmas Cathys, Christmas Caties, Christmas Chucks, Christmas Carsons, Christmas Caseys, Christmas Carvers, Careys, Ciscos, Coltons, Courtneys, Chriss, Cruzs...

roflmfao!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast