An Answer to the Question...

Thread: An Answer to the Question...

An Answer to the Question...

Here's an answer to the question: "Why would anyone need to carry a sidearm in a National Park?"

Skull Found in National Park

Second Human Skull Found in California National Forest

Saturday, December 26, 2009

LOS ANGELES Investigators in Southern California have found a second human skull in a national forest close to where hikers discovered the first on Christmas Eve.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Saturday it's unclear if there's any connection between the two skulls.

Detectives and coroner's investigators came across the second skull in Angeles National Forest Saturday morning in a search of the area where on Thursday hikers found a skull with a bullet hole in it.

Whitmore says the second skull showed signs of some form of trauma. He gave no further details.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

There has never been any question in my mind about the need to carry in National Parks or National forests. There are many, many miles of remote, secluded wilderness where someone could be attacked and murdered with no chance of anyone being able to help. It is not all that uncommon and it is nothing new. I remember my older brother when he lived in CO. telling me about a body that had been dismembered that was found in a trash can in one of the National Parks up there in the 1960's.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

yep.. the problem is that the leftists don't think with logic.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Most people don't question the importance of having insurance (life, fire, liability, etc.). Most people have fire detectors in several rooms of their homes, although they have never had a fire. Most folks wear their seatbelts regularly though they might never have been in an auto accident. We're cautioned to wear condems and have safe sex. But many of these same folks will be unprepared when, God forbid, the time comes that they need a firearm and don't have one. When that time comes there is no substitute. So why not be prepared? Why take chances with your greatest possession - your very life?

6. My family and I are huge National Park fans. Annual pass holders for 6 years, we collect the maps from parks we've visited. I have some cool pictures from this summer of 2 grizzlies that wandered to within about 350 yards of us. I'd be the LAST guy in the world who would want to harm wildlife in a National Park (they are, after all, an integral part of the national treasure there). But I sure would have felt much better if I had something more than pepper spray on my side, just in case.

I've also witnessed ongoing criminal activities within 2 parks; rangers (of the LEO variety) attributed this to "a soft and target-rich environment".

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    There has never been any question in my mind about the need to carry in National Parks or National forests. There are many, many miles of remote, secluded wilderness where someone could be attacked and murdered with no chance of anyone being able to help. It is not all that uncommon and it is nothing new. I remember my older brother when he lived in CO. telling me about a body that had been dismembered that was found in a trash can in one of the National Parks up there in the 1960's.
    I've had run ins' with the 4 legged variety of predator as well as the 2 legged variety while in National Parks. Don't see the problem with folks carrying for legal purposes.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Because I can. I don't need a reason!