How many of you - Page 2

View Poll Results: How many will Sacrifice their fortune, freedom and lives to prevent the takover of ou

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I pledge my life, my fortune and my Sacred Honor to defend the Constitution of the US

68 93.15%
  • Yes, but only if it is non violent

0 0%
  • Yes, but the Country is not really in that much danger right now

2 2.74%
  • no, I will write letters, carry signs, vote, but not risk my life, jailtime or my fortune

3 4.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

I am certain they are out to get me.
    I agree. I also, in my quieter moments, find it all unbelievable. This is AMERICA! And yet, look at the paranoia we all share. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought it would come to this. As a kid in the 60s used to read about the Russian Gulag and thought how terrible it was that the government there kept its own citizens down. .....And here we are... You're damn straight I wil fight.

I did not solemnly swear to support and defend the Constitution for X years, or for the duration of my enlistment. I solemnly swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, period.

If someone comes knocking on my door because they have a problem with that, the only thing left is to determine if they're foreign or domestic.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    No, you can't put me down for anything. I won't be embarrassed, shamed, coerced or otherwise forced into revealing what my plans are by you or anybody else. Just because you want to flex your cybermuscles here and let everyone know your intent doesn't mean everyone should telegraph their punch. There's a lot to be said for keeping your mouth shut about some things, and I feel that this is one of those places. Are you so simple that you don't think this site and others like it are monitored, or are you actively seeking to have people reveal themselves so they can be more easily identified? What, exactly, is YOUR agenda?
    Same here. I never got into a fight on other people's schedule and terms for something I DID NOT say.

Watching Mel Gibson in The Patriot recently (I KNOW it's only a movie) makes me think that when the call went out for patriots to fight, the reaction was much like what I see here. Some jumped to the fore (rashly? foolishly eager for a fight, perhaps), others more quietly (thoughtful? maybe been to war before and knew what the reality was), others were not gonna be goaded into anything (hardheaded? they'll fight when they deem it necessary). So...I'm betting that when you get a group such as those on this board together (vets, LEO, martial artists, gun-toters all), this breadth of reaction is to be expected. The important thing is to stay vigilant, at this point, and not to question each others' courage, patriotism, etc.

My .02 cents

I swore to uphold the Constitution for 22 years in the AF. Just because I'm retired it doesn't change a thing. I'll defend it until the day I die!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Exclamation Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I swore to uphold the Constitution for 22 years in the AF. Just because I'm retired it doesn't change a thing. I'll defend it until the day I die!
    same here!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Anyone who's smart will be keeping this information to themselves, at least in such a public forum. Everyone who thinks we're not being monitored, raise your hands...

("Just because you're Paranoid doesn't mean someone's not really out to get you.")
    +1 on this one...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Watching Mel Gibson in The Patriot recently (I KNOW it's only a movie) makes me think that when the call went out for patriots to fight, the reaction was much like what I see here. Some jumped to the fore (rashly? foolishly eager for a fight, perhaps), others more quietly (thoughtful? maybe been to war before and knew what the reality was), others were not gonna be goaded into anything (hardheaded? they'll fight when they deem it necessary). So...I'm betting that when you get a group such as those on this board together (vets, LEO, martial artists, gun-toters all), this breadth of reaction is to be expected. The important thing is to stay vigilant, at this point, and not to question each others' courage, patriotism, etc.

My .02 cents
    Amen. Thresholds will differ as do attitudes and tempers. I do agree that when the time comes Iíll be in some kind of trouble.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I'm still "hoarding" ammo. That's all I'm sayin'.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Should we reach the brink, the problem may be recognizing the “war”. It is unlikely that the government will rise up and send troops against the people, that would produce an organized response that they do not want. Rather, the uprising will be in the form of “civil unrest” which through planned and executed means has been escalated to the levels where it is now both very dangerous and “normal”.

Our urban areas have been well armed, AK-47’s do not come cheap or steal easily yet they are extremely plentiful with gangs in certain areas, does anyone think this is by accident? Harder yet is to determine which side you are actually on. To defend the constitution of the United States is great rhetoric, however just as “god is on our side” it will be stated by both sides.

Can one truly claim to be defending the constitution while rising against the current government? Can one NOT be defending the constitution if they are following the orders of the current legal government? There are many arguments on both sides.

It makes so much more sense to allow anarchy to take root in our heavily populated urban areas and allow paranoia to direct the sparseness of our wilderness. Once the mindset is instilled that everyone is your enemy, the destruction becomes easy.

Keep vigilant, but keep sane. Do not allow paranoia to drive your thinking and more importantly your actions. We are all in this together, but we need to not become in it separately. If as a people we stand strong in voice and action we CAN avoid the bloodshed that unbridled anarchy will produce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast