How many of you - Page 3

View Poll Results: How many will Sacrifice their fortune, freedom and lives to prevent the takover of ou

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I pledge my life, my fortune and my Sacred Honor to defend the Constitution of the US

68 93.15%
  • Yes, but only if it is non violent

0 0%
  • Yes, but the Country is not really in that much danger right now

2 2.74%
  • no, I will write letters, carry signs, vote, but not risk my life, jailtime or my fortune

3 4.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you

1. I will stand and fight if it ever comes down to it. Our country's Founding Fathers created a country where FREEDOM LIVES. Anyone who does not like that is free to leave this country.

I absolutely WILL NOT let anyone take my firearms. I keep my guns well oiled, cleaned and ready for action, in the event that anyone should ever try to threaten me or my family with bodily harm. Should anyone ever try to forcibly disarm me and take away a sacred right that our Founding Fathers said "shall not be infringed", I can only assume it is so that I cannot protect myself and my family from what they may do to us in the future. In other words, if anyone should try to disarm me, it is because they are trying to take away my right to protect myself and my family, in which case I will go into self-defense mode.

Below are the lyrics to an Iron Maiden song that I really like. The lyrics resonate with me, in that they make me think of the 2A movement. See what you think... TFO

Wake alone in the hills
    With the wind in your face
    It feels good to be proud
    And be free and a race
    That is part of a clan
    And to live on highlands
    And the air that you breathe
    So pure and so clean

When alone on the hills
    With the wind in your hair
    With a longing to feel
    Just to be free

Is it right to believe
    In the need to be free
    It's a time when you die
    And without asking why
    Can't you see what they do
    They are grinding things down
    They are taking our land
    That belongs to the clans

Not alone with a dream
    Just a want to be free
    With a need to belong
    I am a clansman
    Freedom

It's a time wrought with fear
    It's a land wrought with change

Ancestors could hear
    What is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    They would all be ashamed
    That the land of the free
    Has been written in chains

And I know what I want
    When the timing is right
    Then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

And I swear to defend
    And we'll fight to the end
    And I swear that I'll never be taken alive
    And I know that we'll stand
    And we'll fight for our land
    And I swear that my bairns
    Will be born free

And I know what I want
    When the timing is right
    Then I'll take what I want
    I am the clansman
    Freedom

No, no we can't let them take anymore
    No we can't let them take anymore
    We've the land of the free
    Freedom

Is it right to believe
    In the need to be free
    It's a time when you die
    And without asking why
    Can't you see what they do
    They are grinding things down
    They are taking our land
    That belongs to the clans

Not alone with a dream
    Just a want to be free
    With a need to belong
    I am a clansman

And I know what I want
    When the timing is right
    I am the clansman
    Freedom

And I know what I want
    When the timing is right
    I am the clansman.
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

3. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I'm still "hoarding" ammo. That's all I'm sayin'.
    I think you are very wise to do so.

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

4. Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Should we reach the brink, the problem may be recognizing the “war”. It is unlikely that the government will rise up and send troops against the people, that would produce an organized response that they do not want. Rather, the uprising will be in the form of “civil unrest” which through planned and executed means has been escalated to the levels where it is now both very dangerous and “normal”.

Our urban areas have been well armed, AK-47’s do not come cheap or steal easily yet they are extremely plentiful with gangs in certain areas, does anyone think this is by accident? Harder yet is to determine which side you are actually on. To defend the constitution of the United States is great rhetoric, however just as “god is on our side” it will be stated by both sides.

Can one truly claim to be defending the constitution while rising against the current government? Can one NOT be defending the constitution if they are following the orders of the current legal government? There are many arguments on both sides.

It makes so much more sense to allow anarchy to take root in our heavily populated urban areas and allow paranoia to direct the sparseness of our wilderness. Once the mindset is instilled that everyone is your enemy, the destruction becomes easy.

Keep vigilant, but keep sane. Do not allow paranoia to drive your thinking and more importantly your actions. We are all in this together, but we need to not become in it separately. If as a people we stand strong in voice and action we CAN avoid the bloodshed that unbridled anarchy will produce.
    Well said. I agree 100% it is difficult to recognize the war. I beliieve we are in the middle of it, it just hasn't escalated into mass violence (the internal aspects, anyway).
    To defend the Constitution is one of hte biggest questions I have had, how do we make sure we are working towards the reinstatement of the US Constitution?
    You ask if we can truly defending the Constitution by rising up against the existing government? Absolutely!! The Federal Government has overstepped its powers, the entrenched career politicians laugh when asked if something is Constitutional (literally!!!). By not rising up, we are submitting to tyranny and working against the Consitution. As Free Citizens, it is our Responsibility, each individual citizen, to make sure the Constituition is upheld. The only question is, how do we act? With violence? Civil disobedience, tax revolt, recalls, elections?
    I hope we can unelect the people creating the problems, but I fear the system is too entrenched to be eliminated through that method. Look at the healthcare bill, there is language in it making it impossible to repeal!!! How do we get around that?
    Only when We the People stand up and say NO MORE. I do not have any answers. I have plans for April 15 -19 in DC. Maybe if we get enough people up there and shut the city down for a week it will get their attention. I don't know. I do know we have to get rid of the lawyers in our government, not due to their character or intentions, but due to their way of thinking and world view.
    I believe the most important thing we can do for the long term is take over our school boards...
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Those who desire security over liberty deserve neather security or liberty" Ben Franklin ??
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

The Clansman.....one of my favorite Iron Maiden songs...even without Bruce on vocals! And it's 10 minutes long!
    The term "Defending the Constitution" can encompass a variety of meanings and definitions, as already stated.
    I think it's safe to say that we have all seen in one form of another, certain types of profiling, or targeting, and how this concept can be built upon to justify levels of control, from gun permits to airport security to ______. My good neighbor Ektarr makes a good point about the pros and cons of affiliations.

it is repression that creates the revolutionary spirit of freedom. our founding fathers would roll over in their graves if they could see America today. the more we do nothing the worse it will get. just what is that fine line that will make you guys open fire. the fact is that we are already involved more than we know. and this war will not be fought on some distent land, but in our own backyards. and like mel said, our children will learn of it with theri own eyes. true it may be, but it will be mandatory to take up arms and resist any and all who may try to implement the policy or "law" when the time comes. i feel that our younger Americans need to see this to truly understand what it takes to be free, and to not take for granted the liberties that so many have shed blood for. and to not let them die in vain. if we do nothing, then every American that has ever died in combat will have done so for nothing. im not letting that happen. not on my watch.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123