Flood the republicans & democrats with your views

Thread: Flood the republicans & democrats with your views

1. Post Flood the republicans & democrats with your views

I frequently get requests from both Republicans and Democrats asking for campaign contributions. If you don't, I am sure you can get them by going to their web-site and requesting information about "how to contribute". They send a postage paid envelope for your contribution. Obviously I don't contribute to these clowns but I do enclose a letter expressing my views and they pay for it! I am not so naive as to think anybody of importance reads this information but the point is that it is a campaign donation envelope------somebody has to open it to see if there is a check enclosed. It might be a good idea for everyone to flood the system with our letters of outrage. Here is the letter I just sent to the Republican National Convention:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you so much for the opportunity to contribute to the Republican National Committee. Letís review your record during the Bush years. There was a failure to enforce United States borders to eliminate or drastically reduce illegal immigration. The Republican Party would have me believe that terrorists are so dangerous that we must send our men and women in uniform to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, however terrorists are not so dangerous that we need to secure our southern and northern borders and control illegal immigration in order to reduce the risk of another major terrorist attack. Which is it?

The Republicans failed to pass legislation allowing oil exploration and development in areas formerly protected by environmental groups in order to make this nation energy self sufficient. The Republicans failed to put the full weight and force of the United States Congress behind the development of alternative fuels in order to make this nation energy self-sufficient, including nuclear power and coal to oil technology.

The Republicans failed to support H.R. 25-The Fair Tax Act. The Republicans have made no meaningful effort towards passing a constitutional amendment abolishing the income and estate taxes along with the Internal Revenue Service. Tax whores advertise that they make their living by helping to keep the IRS off the backs of U.S. citizens. The existence of an agency like the IRS in a free country is a disgrace.

The Republicans failed to enact and/or enforce legislation that would establish the English language as the official language of the United States. Your irresponsible immigration policies have allowed groups of people to live in this county who have no loyalty to the USA and no intention of assimilating into our culture.

You can certainly count on my vote during the next election. Unfortunately, it wonít be for either a Republican or Democrat. I will be looking for a candidate, who stands for the following: term limits for congress, requirement that congress pay social security like the majority of the citizens, requirement that congress pay for their own 401 K, requirement that congress pay their own health care premiums and use any health-care system they ram down the throat of the citizens, abolishment of the electoral college and allowing the people to elect the president, abolishment of the IRS and enactment of the fair tax, balancing the Federal budget, stopping illegal immigration, withdrawal of this country from the United Nations, and establishment of English as the official language of the United States.

I am proud that I no longer identify myself as a Republican or Democrat. You have failed to take common-sense measures at home in order to better protect the United States against future terroristís attacks. You have risked this countryís national sovereignty in favor of political power, political correctness and special interest groups. Your party has exhibited a pitiful excuse for leadership. I know that you cannot be serious about me making a contribution.

I also have a scathing letter I enclose in the Democrats campaign contribution envelopes.

3. The National Popular Vote bill would guarantee the Presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in all 50 states (and DC).

Every vote, everywhere, would be politically relevant and equal in presidential elections.

The bill would take effect only when enacted, in identical form, by states possessing a majority of the electoral votes--that is, enough electoral votes to elect a President (270 of 538). When the bill comes into effect, all the electoral votes from those states would be awarded to the presidential candidate who receives the most popular votes in all 50 states (and DC).

The Constitution gives every state the power to allocate its electoral votes for president, as well as to change state law on how those votes are awarded.

The bill is currently endorsed by over 1,659 state legislators (in 48 states) who have sponsored and/or cast recorded votes in favor of the bill.

In Gallup polls since 1944, only about 20% of the public has supported the current system of awarding all of a state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who receives the most votes in each separate state (with about 70% opposed and about 10% undecided). The recent Washington Post, Kaiser Family Foundation, and Harvard University poll shows 72% support for direct nationwide election of the President. This national result is similar to recent polls in closely divided battleground states: Colorado-- 68%, Iowa --75%, Michigan-- 73%, Missouri-- 70%, New Hampshire-- 69%, Nevada-- 72%, New Mexico-- 76%, North Carolina-- 74%, Ohio-- 70%, Pennsylvania -- 78%, Virginia -- 74%, and Wisconsin -- 71%; in smaller states (3 to 5 electoral votes): Delaware --75%, Maine -- 77%, Nebraska -- 74%, New Hampshire --69%, Nevada -- 72%, New Mexico -- 76%, Rhode Island -- 74%, and Vermont -- 75%; in Southern and border states: Arkansas --80%, Kentucky -- 80%, Mississippi --77%, Missouri -- 70%, North Carolina -- 74%, and Virginia -- 74%; and in other states polled: California -- 70%, Connecticut -- 74% , Massachusetts -- 73%, New York -- 79%, and Washington -- 77%. Support is strong in every partisan and demographic group surveyed.

The National Popular Vote bill has passed 29 state legislative chambers, in 19 small, medium-small, medium, and large states, including one house in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Oregon, and both houses in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. The bill has been enacted by Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland, and Washington. These five states possess 61 electoral votes -- 23% of the 270 necessary to bring the law into effect.

See National Popular Vote -- Electoral college reform by direct election of the President