Call To Action: Nevada

Thread: Call To Action: Nevada

Call To Action: Nevada

Clark County, Nevada Shooting Park At Risk Again...

Bureau of Land Management Seeking Public Comment on the
    Clark County Shooting Park

Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

Last August, in response to a handful of anti-gun homeowners looking to shut down the Clark County Shooting Park, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) sought public comment on an environmental assessment report that came under fire by the homeowners. Despite receiving over one thousand public comments in support of the Park, BLM determined that another assessment was needed to consider "a wider range of alternatives" before the Park could expand beyond its current limited opening.

BLM transferred these lands to Clark County in November of 2003 for the 2,880 acre Shooting Park. It is vital that this project be allowed to continue so that Clark County’s shooters have a place to foster firearm safety, hone their skills, and exercise their Second Amendment freedoms in a safe, controlled environment.

Please take the time to write a letter in support of Environmental Assessment “A” (
    as recommended by Park advocates) to Bob Ross, BLM Las Vegas Field Manager. Mr. Ross can be reached via U.S. Mail at 4701 North Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89130.

To view the Environmental Assessment proposals, please visit www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo.html.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I hope they get this resolved.i am planning on taking part of my summer vacation from illinois to that shooting range

Quote Originally Posted by ALUCARD View Post
    I hope they get this resolved.i am planning on taking part of my summer vacation from illinois to that shooting range
    first part of it opened a couple of weeks ago...

now we need to keep it open, and get the rest of it finished...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Nevada: Clark County Shooting Park Needs Your Help!

The Clark County Shooting Park has been the target of a lawsuit by a handful of anti-gun homeowners intending to close this major shooting facility north of Decatur Boulevard in Las Vegas. The Shooting Park was established by federal legislation in November 2003 by transferring nearly 3,000 acres of land from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to Clark County.

The NRA sent an alert previously on this issue asking for its members to submit comments to the BLM in support of an Environmental Assessment that the court required BLM to prepare. It was released for public comment in August. More than 1,000 comments in support of the Shooting Park were received by the BLM compared to a fraction in opposition.

However, the issue has not been settled. Because some of the comments provided new information or raised questions or concerns regarding the Environmental Assessment, the BLM was forced to consider a wider range of alternatives and so had to prepare a supplement. The revised document has been released for a 45-day comment period that will end January 29th.

We ask that our members in Nevada and the surrounding states once again take the time to submit comments to the BLM in support of the Preferred Alternative A, which is the conveyance of the federal lands to the County for the Shooting Park. The environmental assessment is available online at www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo.html. Written comments should be addressed to Bob Ross, BLM Las Vegas Field Manager, 4701 North Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89130. Your comments will make a difference as to whether the Shooting Park becomes a reality or falls victim to the whims of anti-gunners.