Obama Orders 1 Million US Troops to Prepare for Civil War - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Orders 1 Million US Troops to Prepare for Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    Before everyone jumps in the same lake of goofy juice, consider that Obama can't just order the Military to increase its forces to 1 million on his own wim or by executive order. It has to be authorized AND funded by Congress first. He can use the troops he has, but he has to ask Congress for a force increase just like Johnson did during Vietnam. I am prepared, but I won't get ginned up on this until I see Congress take some sort of action.
    Agreed, assuming the Constitution means anything any more...On the other hand, I'd like to know if the Muslim-in-Chief is even thinking about this.

Before everyone jumps in the same lake of goofy juice, consider that Obama can't just order the Military to increase its forces to 1 million on his own wim or by executive order. It has to be authorized AND funded by Congress first. He can use the troops he has, but he has to ask Congress for a force increase just like Johnson did during Vietnam. I am prepared, but I won't get ginned up on this until I see Congress take some sort of action.
    Or he can use U.N. troops. No Oath Keepers in that bunch. No qualms about firing on Americans.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Spend a little bit more time reading the entire post...

And this little gem of history Obama & Company are repeating
    Weimar Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or this...
    Obama's Civilian National Security Force:
    American Thinker: Obama's Civilian National Security Force

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - Barack Obama

You will see we have great cause to be concerned...

Large number of civilians? how about the 2 million plus that protested in D.C. on 9/12/2009 ?
    Coincidentally the largest protest in U.S. history...

We are bankrupt, the U.S. just has not admitted it yet...

A Storm's coming, whether anybody wants to call it a Civil War or not...

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, better safe than sorry...
    In my opinion you give Obama way too much credit. His civilian police force will never be given the green light, especially one of that size. His aproval rating has dropped more in his time in office than any other president in the same amount of time. He's pissing off even the democrats, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him voted out in 2012. We live in a country where it would be very difficult for him to pull off what you are saying without a huge approval rating. I just don't think he has the backing needed.

Fear-mongering at its finest.

Well, hell's bells! Simply unbelievable! Can you say fear mongering*? This is nothing but a political pundit's stupid rant! An op-ed piece. It's not even newsworthy. So, OMG, should I be shaking in my boots? NYET! Hell no!!! NOT! Just as I did when the fear-mongering was alive and well for Y2K, I'm still just shaking my head. And don't bother telling me that I'm going to be sorry! I won't believe that, either!

*Fear mongering (or scaremongering) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end. The feared object or subject is sometimes exaggerated, and the pattern of fear mongering is usually one of repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of this tactic, sometimes in the form of a vicious circle. Fear mongering is often used in wartime, as a political tactic to frighten citizens and influence their political views.

Actually, that's not completely true he can and even Lincoln did by executive order draft 100's of thousands of troops...
    And order them paid out of the treasury, till Congress eventually funded their sustained engagements...

Since 911 the "End Strength" of all branches of the U.S. Military has been increased every year at almost an exponential rate, within behemoth defense spending bills passed with virtually no opposition from any Congress during either the W. Bush administration or the current admin.

At the beginning of the first gulf war we had a smaller "End Strength" then Sadam Hussein...
    Today, only the Chinese have a greater "End Strength" then we do...

"Gulf of Tonkin Resolution of 1964" Ring any bells? came after President Johnson started the Vietnam War under false pretenses...
    Basically it was a retroactive pass on President Johnson's unconstitutional act of war on a foreign nation...
    While said Congressional Resolution contained no language that actually authorized the president to order acts of war in the future. Johnson nevertheless used it to increase the U.S. commitment in Vietnam to half a million men...

...something quite extraordinary occurred in the United States, something that—despite its clearly controversial nature—went almost entirely unaddressed by mainstream media outlets. On October 1, 2008 the U.S. military assigned the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry Division to the United States Northern Command (NORTHCOM). This means that U.S. soldiers will be operating on U.S. soil, seemingly in direct contradiction of federal law...
    The Army Times broke the story early in September, 2008 reporting that the unit “may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control...
    Assigning U.S. Troops to U.S. Soil and Other Presidential Power Grabs

Notwithstanding, that the President can redistribute, reallocate existing troops anyway he sees fit...

And thanks to Obummer's first executive order his first full day in office it is at his discretion and his appointee the Attorney General what documentation of the executive branch is made public. (Kind of a cool way to hide his citizenship inquiries too)
    Executive Order 13489 - Presidential Records
    January 21, 2009:
    Barack Obama: Executive Order 13489 - Presidential Records

The major military power of the president is the power to act as commander in chief of the nation's armed forces. This power is almost without limit...
    The president always has the final authority over and responsibility for any and all military matters. But the Constitution does not assign all and absolute war powers to the president. Military power in the United States is held by both the president and Congress, with the president in the dominant position. Also, the president may use the armed forces to keep the domestic peace.

War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548) pertains to deployment of troops abroad...
    It also limited the kind of military power the President could wield; Congress' nearly unanimous Iraq War Resolution not only makes WPR 1973 moot, it increased the power the President had with control over the military...
    Anybody remember Hillary Clinton & John Kerry and Ted Kennedy bragging on national tv about how they backed W. Bush and to use the powers they just gave him wisely?

Even going back to the original ratified version of the Constitution; The President has the right to declare war for 90 days. then if the Congress agrees with the war they can continue...

The President also has Emergency Powers under the Constitution which is essentially carte blanche for the President can do what he wants as long as he deems it an emergency...

Additionally, while Constitutionally the President can not declare war for longer then 90 days; he can certainly in the name of public safety put troops in harms way anyway anytime he sees fit; without prior approval of Congress; the kicker is IF he wants to continue a sustained engagement Congress has to fund it...

Even the Congress of Lincolns day funded and backed his unconstitutional declaration of war, martial law, and suspension of habeas corpus and invasion of a sovereign nation...
    After the fact...

Ditto with the Congress of FDR's day; FDR actually declared War on Germany before congress did; but it went largely under the radar because Hitler made a worldwide televised speech days later declaring war on the U.S. and we only paid attention to that...

Yet another error in the history books in schools...

Lincoln & FDR, and Johnson (amongst others) trampled the constitution and Congress backed their play...

Hell the Supreme Court of Lincoln's day told him he could not do what he was doing and he outright defied them and did it anyway, with no repercussions...

Setting a Precedent that has been expanded upon by nearly every President to this day...

Anybody who waits for Congress to back the Presidents proactive play(s) whatever they may be will be to late...

U.S. Bombing of Yemen/Pakistan over the last few weeks sound familiar?
    Anybody hear Congress or the President for that matter declare War on Yemen or Pakistan?
    You did not, because that's been made pretty much moot thanks to things like the Patriot Act and the Iraq War Resolution...
    Sure Obama's media is down playing the whole business...
    5 minutes on the web you can find for yourself that we have boots on the ground to say the least...

Australia disarmed all their law-abiding citizens in two-weeks just a few years ago...

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

But Lincoln did none of this until AFTER a Civil War had started and a state of emergency had been declared. The majority of troops were also State Militia which are no longer organized in the same way. Obama has none of this now, no-one is in rebellion, and an order to prepare for a civil war is silly talk. Even most Democrats won't go that far with him. He can't succeed using UN forces either. Read the oath that is taken by our armed forces if you never took it yourself. While officers do take an oath to obey the President, Enlisted ranks DO NOT. Enlisted swear to Protect and defend THE CONSTITUTION against all enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. You assume all these million will march to Obama"s tune. You have only to watch his speeches to groups of troops to see the polite but weak applause. My oath did not expire when I left the Marines.
    I think someone here is just jerkin" our chain.
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

Uh...have you even listened to the likes of Nancy Pelosi, rolling her eyes while shuddering, thinking about those terrible times in San Fran and the hippies? You seem to forget that 1) Congress is in Obama's hip pocket, and 2) Obama & Co. have no respect for the Constitution, and have already granted themselves more power, by-passing the legislative branch. Right now, Obama can "declare" anything he wants, and Congress will fall in lock-step with him.

Civil war is indeed a possibility, and there are now currently 300 MILLION guns in the U.S. in the hands of "we the people." You can only push the people so far before they will push back.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Unless I'm mistaken, and I certainly may be, the Oath I took as an E-1 back in '65 was...

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Right? Wrong? What about it...?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

But Lincoln did none of this until AFTER a Civil War had started and a state of emergency had been declared. The majority of troops were also State Militia which are no longer organized in the same way. Obama has none of this now, no-one is in rebellion, and an order to prepare for a civil war is silly talk. Even most Democrats won't go that far with him. He can't succeed using UN forces either. Read the oath that is taken by our armed forces if you never took it yourself. While officers do take an oath to obey the President, Enlisted ranks DO NOT. Enlisted swear to Protect and defend THE CONSTITUTION against all enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. You assume all these million will march to Obama"s tune. You have only to watch his speeches to groups of troops to see the polite but weak applause. My oath did not expire when I left the Marines.
    I think someone here is just jerkin" our chain.
    Semper Fi...

502. Enlistment oath: who may administer

How Current is This?

(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath: “I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

(b) Who May Administer.— The oath may be taken before the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary of Defense, any commissioned officer, or any other person designated under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/502.html

3331. Oath of office

How Current is This?

An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/5/3331.html

As far as I have seen, the only speech Obama has made thus far in front of the troops on camera that fell flat was his recent speech at West Point...
    Make no mistake I have zero affection for this guy...

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion; Nobody is jerking anybody's chain, its your choice whether to ignore what's in front of you or not...

I respectfully ask you to check your facts on Lincoln and others, Lincoln himself declared War and various emergencies BEFORE the Confederacy fired a single round...
    AND before Congress backed his play(s)...
    Lincoln INVADED the Sovereign States of the Confederacy, without thinking twice about asking Congress first...

An unprovoked Act of War...

Just like President Johnson did at the Gulf of Tonkin...

Additionally, since the Iraq War Resolution, which does not currently have an expiration date; we are in a state of war abroad and its clear from at least the Department of Homeland Security's Domestic Terrorist Classification of basically anybody that disagrees with the current administration and Speaker Nancy Pelosi's faux tears and fears on camera that they are more than a little worried about retaliation for their unprecedented, unconstitutional actions since Black Tuesday January 20th, 2009...

Notwithstanding, that the Department of Homeland Security has been buying millions of rounds of .223/5.56, .308/7.62 and 9mm ammo all year...
    I wonder WTF they are doing with that?

And to reiterate, something else undeniable...
    ...something quite extraordinary occurred in the United States, something that—despite its clearly controversial nature—went almost entirely unaddressed by mainstream media outlets. On October 1, 2008 the U.S. military assigned the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry Division to the United States Northern Command (NORTHCOM). This means that U.S. soldiers will be operating on U.S. soil, seemingly in direct contradiction of federal law...
    The Army Times broke the story early in September, 2008 reporting that the unit “may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control...
    Assigning U.S. Troops to U.S. Soil and Other Presidential Power Grabs

This too is unprecedented...
    This is NOT the National Guard at Kent State's example of recent martial law on U.S. Soil...

This is Active Duty Combat Troops with the primary purpose of repelling potential Civil Unrest on U.S. Soil...

This started on W. Bush's watch because we were not much happier with what he was doing than we are with Obummer & Company now...

2 Million People on 9/12/2009 matched peacefully on D.C. (The largest protest in U.S. History) and were ridiculed and or largely ignored by the mainstream media and Congress and Obummer & Company...

How much more do you think WE THE PEOPLE can or will take?

How many if woke up today after being in a coma for a year would believe what Congress & Obummer and Company have done thus far?

I for one will remain prepared for the worst, while hoping for the best.

Was the Union Army’s Invasion of the Confederate States a Lawful Act?:
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/ostrowski/ostrowski31.html

YouTube- 9 MInutes about Martial Law and NORTHCOM

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

"American Resistance radio"

I wonder just how credible they are. I suspect they might be a tad biased. LOL

I think there are as many false rumors out there about Obongo as there are stars in the sky.
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast