Obama Orders 1 Million US Troops to Prepare for Civil War - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Orders 1 Million US Troops to Prepare for Civil War

1. Out of context

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    and that is why we use quotes that are in context here.
    And yet not one verifiable citation, that would make this a bit more believable

Quote Originally Posted by rktlew View Post
    And yet not one verifiable citation, that would make this a bit more believable
    I am not sure what it would take for you to call it verifiable citation. Do you need U.N. troops or our on military to knock on you door to verify? If a situation is so horrible that a persons mind refuses to believe what is happening all around them then they may not believe it until they are carried away in chains.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Actually, it was the last President Bush that pushed for the modification of the Insurrection Act and Posse Comitatus Act. It was modified in the 2006 DOD Appropriations Bill as a rider. The rider, to the Appropriations Bill, authorized the President to have troops patrol our streets in response to disasters, epidemics, and any “condition” he might cite. Esentially he could declare martial law and use our military to enforce it.

On January 28, 2008 President Bush signed a repeal of the ride; although it was reported that he attached a statement that he was not bound by that repeal.

Just an oh by the way.

We are deep in debt. Much worse than the great depression. People are mad at wall street, the greedy bankers, and CEO's who give themselves huge bonuses. I don't think there will be civil war; but, there very well could be riots, especially if the world economy collapses. If there are riots I think the focus of their anger will be directed toward our government leaders.

A thread....or a tug-of-war?
    It took me quite a while to get to the end of this thread.
    Even the noblest of laws and 19th century executive orders could be manipulated in ways that were not forseen.
    I understand and agree with the need for preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Hopefully Election Day 2010 will speak volumes....

7. Lightbulb If at first you don't secede try try again!

It is obvious that some point that the Vigaro will hit the Mixmaster (Boy, that dates me..do they still bag Vigaro, let alone Mixmaster fans?). Anyway, the Arizona State Constitution says that if the Federal Government declares martial law that the state shall secede from the union. As I understand it so will Texas. Oklahoma will probably follow.Eventually Arizona will want to join up with Texas which will mean the "annexation" of New Mexico, after the New Agers and hippie types are "relocated" to Washington State. As these states are land locked we will then have to look towards the west for a seaport. And as my former home state of California has the most draconian gun laws in the country and Ronny Barrett refuses to repair the state governments BMGs that part will be easy.
    Of course the aforementioned is said in jest....or is it? Before we jump to conclusions we must verify the Civil War preparation story. But if it is true it'll be time to consider action.
    -TANSTAAFL* NE AZ

* "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" -Robert A. Heinlien

8. Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    Before everyone jumps in the same lake of goofy juice, consider that Obama can't just order the Military to increase its forces to 1 million on his own wim or by executive order. It has to be authorized AND funded by Congress first. He can use the troops he has, but he has to ask Congress for a force increase just like Johnson did during Vietnam. I am prepared, but I won't get ginned up on this until I see Congress take some sort of action.
    Oh, I don't think its our troops that we should be concerned with. There are many foreign troops stationed on US soil! courtesy of fema.

not sure on the exact count but there are quite a few.
    but there is a bright spot with our soldiers. a lot of the younger ones are tempermental and egos are easily bruised but their sergeants are more reasonable.

It's on infowars.com or prisonplanet.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL NE AZ View Post
    As these states are land locked we will then have to look towards the west for a seaport.
    Texas isn't landlocked.
    A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern.

Anybody remember Waco ?

President Clintion signed a "waiver" of Posse Comitatus in order to secure military assets in the raid on the Branch Davidian Campus. (SOF personell and hardware from Ft. Hood)

What was the end result there ??
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

There would need to be a rule change in order to raise a large military group, and that requires an act of Congress. Someone, somewhere would notice this.

Also, there would need to be a law change to the Posse Comitatus Act, which again, someone would notice.

Even if all this happened, and the military was authorized to police the US population, it would be a disaster. Those in the military are people too. They may have sworn an oath to obey all orders from the President, but many would draw the line at targeting civilians - their own countrymen. Many members of the military would side with the anti-government crowd. Not to mention, of course, that the US population owns a HUGE number of firearms that would then be turned on military personnel. I'd rather be unarmed and unarmored in Iraq right now than fully armored and armed in a new civil war US.

Congress and the President would undoubtedly know this, plus by doing this, the chances of violence coming to them personally would dramatically increase. Only crazies try to assassinate presidents now; if this were to come to be reality, you would have your average Main St. guy aiming at top government officials instead of Jodie Foster-loving mental cases.

So I doubt this is really happening for the reasons above. Any attempt at military control in the US would result in political, social, and economic disruptions, and that is the last thing anyone (including the government) wants.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast