Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C. on April 19, 2010 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C. on April 19, 2010

Are we marching with our without our firearms?

Damn! Too bad I'm on the other coast and have no moola to get there! Sux for me!

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Are we marching with our without our firearms?
    If you're coming to D.C., you'd best book a hotel in VA, and leave your gun there during the rally.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    If you're coming to D.C., you'd best book a hotel in VA, and leave your gun there during the rally.
    So much for the 2nd amendment, huh?

So much for the 2nd amendment, huh?
    Exactly... You coming up Av~TX?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Exactly... You coming up Av~TX?
    No, since I moved here from the formerly red state of PA I have no desire to visit any of the other 50 states any more. I feel like I am home and on perpetual vacation (even though I'm still working). I have never had a desire to see DC, especially if I have to be disarmed in what should be the shining example of liberty but is actually a mini police state. I always call and write letters but they will know how I feel in November for sure.

I have never had a desire to see DC, especially if I have to be disarmed in what should be the shining example of liberty but is actually a mini police state.
    Yes, it is especially disgusting to read the glowing descriptions of the monuments and memorials and how they stand for freedom and liberty, knowing it is located smack in the middle of the most freedom hating place in the nation.

National Mall & Memorial Parks - National Mall & Memorial Parks (U.S. National Park Service)
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I can't argue with TX... He's right.. I can't sit here and B**** at the wiphe. I got ta go...
    Semper Fi

Who says you can't be armed in DC?

I warned on another thread that if you stumble off the main beat by a few blocks, you can find yourself in real bad 'hoods. Want to be unarmed when that happens?

We talk about how they can have our guns, bullets first, but do we then propose to go to the Cradle of Freedom for the whole world and in that place, abdicate one of our basic Constituional Rights?

These, of course, are just hypothetical questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I warned on another thread that if you stumble off the main beat by a few blocks, you can find yourself in real bad 'hoods. Want to be unarmed when that happens?
    No, but then I don't EVER want to be unarmed. It does seem rather ironic that no one will be carrying at a 2A march. But in addition to showing our passion for our God-given rights, we must also act within the law, however unconstitutional the law may be. We need to win our rights back the same way they were taken from us, one piece at a time.

This is a dilemma I wrestle with almost every day. I get to D.C. on a fairly regular basis, as well as other "visitor friendly" places like Baltimore and NYC. Even though I have no reason to believe that I would be "discovered", I reluctantly go unarmed because there is just that slight chance of getting caught. I hate having to go to these places (for many reasons), but it's where the money is. (My kids like to eat. )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast