Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C. on April 19, 2010 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C. on April 19, 2010

Born and raised in Baltimore.

Way before there was even talk about "shall issue" concealed carry, we did (or at least, always had weapons very close by). It only made sense. Granted that it was probably a more "gun-friendly" culture, lo those many years ago.

Nothing changes about my need to defend myself and my family, just because the "aristocracy" (which has all the protection it wants/needs) says I can't.

I'm not being a tough guy, here, and everyone, of course, gets to make their own decision; that's called "freedom". I just want everyone to realize that these are some of the worst 'hoods in the country, so you're not gonna be comfortable AT ALL if you make a wrong turn into SE DC.

"Don't ask...don't tell!" I rode AmTrak right into Union Station, transferred to the subway and took it directly (almost - had a two-block walk) to Patriot Square, and from there marched directly to the Capitol. At NO TIME was I checked for a concealed weapon - this is from the time I got on the train in Florida until I got back off the train in Florida. Never had to be checked, body-scanned, frisked, wanded. Never!

IF - If I was carrying, nobody would have known it, and I was around quite a few DC Metro LEOs during the march. I even talked to at least 10 of them, face to face. Had my picture taken by the police several times while marching (they took a lot of pictures of us marchers with digital cameras).

Now, if you don't want to risk being detected, that's up to you. And it does seem ironic that, at a march defending the 2nd Amendment, no one would come armed. Several hotels in VA are advertising that they are "gun friendly" and provide room safes to secure your gun when you leave your room.

I do not carry on my job (I work in a big-box store) because I have to do a lot of physical work that could expose my gun. But that is the only place I do not carry. I'll leave it at that.
    -= Piece Corps =-

4. Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    "Don't ask...don't tell!" I rode AmTrak right into Union Station, transferred to the subway and took it directly (almost - had a two-block walk) to Patriot Square, and from there marched directly to the Capitol. At NO TIME was I checked for a concealed weapon - this is from the time I got on the train in Florida until I got back off the train in Florida. Never had to be checked, body-scanned, frisked, wanded. Never!

IF - If I was carrying, nobody would have known it, and I was around quite a few DC Metro LEOs during the march. I even talked to at least 10 of them, face to face. Had my picture taken by the police several times while marching (they took a lot of pictures of us marchers with digital cameras).

Now, if you don't want to risk being detected, that's up to you. And it does seem ironic that, at a march defending the 2nd Amendment, no one would come armed. Several hotels in VA are advertising that they are "gun friendly" and provide room safes to secure your gun when you leave your room.

I do not carry on my job (I work in a big-box store) because I have to do a lot of physical work that could expose my gun. But that is the only place I do not carry. I'll leave it at that.

amen brother!

i carry everywhere that my state law permits.

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    I was at the 9/12 D.C. March, and will make this one if possible. But my funds are very limited. On the last march, a group of us here in Florida got a group rate on AmTrak (and seniors like me get a further discount) and had about 80 patriots and two cars full. Anyone know of a similar plan or is there a group here in FL that would like to do this?

It works out great for those of us who can't afford to fly and rent a hotel room - the train leaves the day before and gets into D.C. early the day of the march. We went to the Capitol, stayed all day, and re-boarded the train around 7:30 PM the same day. I was back home on Sunday afternoon. And the train was a nice party atmosphere - we didn't sleep much. The trip cost me around $160 round-trip. Plus food, of course. A lot less than airline fare and a hotel stay.

Any ideas?
    Most travel agents can get group discounts for just about any kind of travel...
    even travel with different departure locations...

and with ObamaNomics in high-gear they are very motivated now-days...

something everyone might want to look into...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Gotta err on the side of caution and go with a well hidden knife... It would be just my luck to get caught with the gun hidden and no permit for it. Then face charges that could affect my LTC here at home...

Yea I know how it feels to live where freedom began and still have to fight so hard for it...

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Gotta err on the side of caution and go with a well hidden knife... It would be just my luck to get caught with the gun hidden and no permit for it. Then face charges that could affect my LTC here at home...

Yea I know how it feels to live where freedom began and still have to fight so hard for it...

Peace..
    I have a couple of variants like this mini Gerber Mark II clone & others, no m etal d etector on the planet will pick this up... pretty easy to c onceal, passes the swinging bacon s lash & s tab test, and others; I suspect it might break between some r ibs, with some perpendicular stress, but it beats being defenseless against an armed criminal, whom enjoys the kill for free zone of D.C. or elsewhere...
    New ABS CIA Knife

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I have a couple of variants like this mini Gerber Mark II clone & others, no m etal d etector on the planet will pick this up... pretty easy to c onceal, passes the swinging bacon s lash & s tab test, and others; I suspect it might break between some r ibs, with some perpendicular stress, but it beats being defenseless against an armed criminal, whom enjoys the kill for free zone of D.C. or elsewhere...
    New ABS CIA Knife

thanks bohemian, i'll look this up.

tfo

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    New ABS CIA Knife
    Dang, they were out. I'll have to check back later. tfo

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Any idea if these plastic knives are looked at the same as steel knives, or are they pretty much unregulated? There are some pretty nice plastic weapons on that site.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

What about ceramic (stone) knives? I understand they get sharper than steel and I doubt they would set off metal detectors.

Cabela's -- Boker Gamma Ceramic Blade Knife

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast