What if it's true? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I've actually started to think about shifting assets out of my name and divorcing wifey, in the event that Uncle decides to garner assets of patriots to put us down. Pretty extreme, and wifey's not on board with the divorce part. I'm not down with the divorce part yet, either, but I have started to think about the possibility.

I'm a CPA and trust me when I tell you that the IRS can swoop in at any time and empty your bank account and dispossess you of your assets. My feeling is this action would come first if "they" thought there was gonna be any upstart patriots to contend with. This is how I would do it. It won't necessarily be all about fighting in the streets. What do you think?
    Why not just think of moving your liquid asset to some smaller country that does not and will not blow your stash? One example is Singapore...The Swiss is not a good place anymore...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I've actually started to think about shifting assets out of my name and divorcing wifey, in the event that Uncle decides to garner assets of patriots to put us down. Pretty extreme, and wifey's not on board with the divorce part. I'm not down with the divorce part yet, either, but I have started to think about the possibility.

I'm a CPA and trust me when I tell you that the IRS can swoop in at any time and empty your bank account and dispossess you of your assets. My feeling is this action would come first if "they" thought there was gonna be any upstart patriots to contend with. This is how I would do it. It won't necessarily be all about fighting in the streets. What do you think?
    OK that's logical if the goal is to get rid of wifey, but I question it as a SHTF plan. If the SHTF the more likely scenerio is that "assets" will simply become worthless regardless of whose name they are in. There will be NO need for the IRS to seize anything because there will be no IRS (which is part of our current "government"). If this "war" came to pass their will be a NEW government with new rules and a new constitution. US currency will be worthless and assets, which are simply defined by US law will not exist.

The only assets you will have are those tangible. Property if you can defend it physically (legally will not matter), personal posessions and items of universal value ... in my opinion that is spelled ... GOLD!

I, have a little gold and a little silver, all in US coins but of the pure metal. Gold and silver will always have value on the international scope as will diamonds and other jewelry and can be physically stashed and defended.

I need to convert more assets to metal, especially since it is actually one of the better investments at the moment, just make sure to take ACTUAL possession of the metal, not some "promissory note" which will also be worthless.

Other than this financial move, prepare to be able to fish, hunt, farm the six square feet behind the house and purify your own water. Assume power and all public services will be non-existent.

Here in South Florida we call the immediate days post hurricane... TRANING, and having been through three it really is.

Civil War ... highly unlikely! Economic collapse and the ensuing physical collapse ... VERY LIKELY. The burdon of promises in the pension plans of government employees including all teachers, police and fire cannot be met and will try to be supported by tax money leading to the total collapse of the system. And that is just one of the many potential trigger mechanisms.

Prepare to be on your own. Think late 1800's. Kiss your computer goodbye along with the cell phone, the car, and the fridge!

It may not happen ... I hope that is the case... but I AM AFRAID.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    GA, a lot of people ride motorcycles. I used to work for Harley Davidson...maybe you've heard of them. All their bikes are delivered to the Dealerships in large crates, along with several large bags of silica-gel/desiccant. The bags are probably about 10" long and maybe 4-5" wide and weigh in at easily over a pound...maybe a couple. I don't know what your local dealer does with them but we used to throw them away. Might want to make a friend down there...

Harley who? I think my brother in law has his paycheck sent directly to the HD dealership here. I'll get him to check on it for me. Thanks for the tip!

All their bikes are delivered to the Dealerships in large crates, along with several large bags of silica-gel/desiccant.

Don't eat them. Says so right there on the package. LOL
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    All their bikes are delivered to the Dealerships in large crates, along with several large bags of silica-gel/desiccant.

Don't eat them. Says so right there on the package. LOL
    Thanks for ruining my dinner!! Now I'm going to have to get some canned food.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    ...armed to the teeth shooting from both hands and one foot with a knife in my mouth while booby traps that I set go off all around me and nobody sees anything but smoke, fire, and blue helmets!!!

Sorry, that last part got a little out of control...
    Made a nice picture, tho!

Metal detector...

DH and I have been discussing the advisability of investing in gold coins. We agreed that in a "ship hits the sand" scenario that we wouldn't probably get what the coins were worth, in a barter situation.
    So...

I bought him a really good metal detector for Christmas. He was really pleased. Now, he'll be able to find lost gold chains, charms, etc. He can hardly wait for the weather to get a bit warmer so that he can start his treasure hunt on our own property.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    DH and I have been discussing the advisability of investing in gold coins. We agreed that in a "ship hits the sand" scenario that we wouldn't probably get what the coins were worth, in a barter situation.
    So...

I bought him a really good metal detector for Christmas. He was really pleased. Now, he'll be able to find lost gold chains, charms, etc. He can hardly wait for the weather to get a bit warmer so that he can start his treasure hunt on our own property.

Also might come in handy for finding the guns you buried.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12