What if it's true?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if it's true?

What if it's true?

What if the absolute worst comes true, based on all the stuff that's been posted in this section? What's your version of being prepared?

Exclamation That's Classified

It's Bottom Secret...You don't have the clearance Clarence...just kidding...

Prepared is just that. A law abiding citizen who is armed to meet unlawful circumstances is what the 2nd Amendment is all about. FEMA says we should have a small supply of food and water and other essentials on hand in the event of a Natural disaster. I think it is one of the very few good things to have come out of the Govt' in the last few years (the edict to keep a supply on hand for disaster)

That is a starting point. How prepared you are is your choice. I would suggest you look in the survival section of this forum. It is slap full of preparedness hints and what works for some of us. I personally keep food, ammo, and medical supplies on hand, as well as raising a garden and poultry. Start preparing now and do it a little at a time non-stop and you'll have what you need in no time!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I've actually started to think about shifting assets out of my name and divorcing wifey, in the event that Uncle decides to garner assets of patriots to put us down. Pretty extreme, and wifey's not on board with the divorce part. I'm not down with the divorce part yet, either, but I have started to think about the possibility.

I'm a CPA and trust me when I tell you that the IRS can swoop in at any time and empty your bank account and dispossess you of your assets. My feeling is this action would come first if "they" thought there was gonna be any upstart patriots to contend with. This is how I would do it. It won't necessarily be all about fighting in the streets. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I'm a CPA and trust me when I tell you that the IRS can swoop in at any time and empty your bank account...
    Ha!! That will be like the kid who didn't get anything for Christmas.

I have some SHTF gear. Water purification, coffee, canned milk, dried and canned food, camping equipment, etc... I also have some cash hidden in a few spots, and some reserve gasoline (15 gal) that I rotate regularly. I have the gas because I live in the middle of nowhere, the closest store closes early, and my daughter thinks that the gas light in her car means that it's ok to drive all over town then 15 miles back home.

I don't really see us having to go hide in the mountains somewhere, or live without electricity. I do wonder what we are going to be faced with, and I hope that I am mentally prepared enough to be what my family needs me to be, whether its moral support, emotional, or armed to the teeth shooting from both hands and one foot with a knife in my mouth while booby traps that I set go off all around me and nobody sees anything but smoke, fire, and blue helmets!!!

Sorry, that last part got a little out of control...

Exclamation Common Sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    Ha!! That will be like the kid who didn't get anything for Christmas.

I have some SHTF gear. Water purification, coffee, canned milk, dried and canned food, camping equipment, etc... I also have some cash hidden in a few spots, and some reserve gasoline (15 gal) that I rotate regularly. I have the gas because I live in the middle of nowhere, the closest store closes early, and my daughter thinks that the gas light in her car means that it's ok to drive all over town then 15 miles back home.

I don't really see us having to go hide in the mountains somewhere, or live without electricity. I do wonder what we are going to be faced with, and I hope that I am mentally prepared enough to be what my family needs me to be, whether its moral support, emotional, or armed to the teeth shooting from both hands and one foot with a knife in my mouth while booby traps that I set go off all around me and nobody sees anything but smoke, fire, and blue helmets!!!

Sorry, that last part got a little out of control...
    Common sense is your best asset. Be a boyscout (be prepared). Start moving the mindset of your family to the idea of it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! Re-educate your daughter about fuel economy and keep socking away stuff on a regular basis!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

imho keep your preparedness a clossely guarded secret, exept your from your family and maybe 1 or 2 friends that you would trust with your LIFE and of your family!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I've actually started to think about shifting assets out of my name and divorcing wifey, in the event that Uncle decides to garner assets of patriots to put us down.
    Except that a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband. An Ex-wife can.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I'm consistently adding to the stash. My wife thought it was funny that I saved all the silica gel packs from Christmas presents. Now they are going towards the bucket mentioned in the survival thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Except that a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband. An Ex-wife can.
    Understood. My primary goal was to not have assets in MY name, or jointly with the wife, as she has yet to come completely over to the dark side with me, so I would be the one under more intense scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    I'm consistently adding to the stash. My wife thought it was funny that I saved all the silica gel packs from Christmas presents. Now they are going towards the bucket mentioned in the survival thread.
    GA, a lot of people ride motorcycles. I used to work for Harley Davidson...maybe you've heard of them. All their bikes are delivered to the Dealerships in large crates, along with several large bags of silica-gel/desiccant. The bags are probably about 10" long and maybe 4-5" wide and weigh in at easily over a pound...maybe a couple. I don't know what your local dealer does with them but we used to throw them away. Might want to make a friend down there...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast