Rights and Responsibilities - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rights and Responsibilities

1. Right-To keep and bear arms.
    Responsibility-To do so in a way that is safe and in compliance with the law. To understand the function of the arms that you choose to carry. To ensure that your arms are in good working order. To understand the laws that govern the carrying and use of the arms that you choose to carry. Basically, it's your responsibility to be responsible at all times while carrying. That's it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

When exercising our right to carry, we also need to exercise the responsibility of being fully alert and aware of our surroundings at all times.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    When exercising our right to carry, we also need to exercise the responsibility of being fully alert and aware of our surroundings at all times.
    Yes stay in condition yellow.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I wonder about the difference between a privilege and a right. Y'all think we have a right to keep and bear arms but almost everyone on this board, including me, has a permit to carry concealed. Then someone said driving is a privilege. Why is that? Seems to me the 10th amendment says anything not granted to the Feds is ours or the states' and that just because some rights are listed doesn't mean there aren't a lot of others retained by the people. So if we're free to come and go as we please why are we not free to use the highway system that our taxes pay for if we can afford to buy a vehicle - without a permission slip from the government? And if your answer is that we need to pass a driving test then what's the big deal with a firearms test or a civics test for voting? I'm a libertarian at heart and I believe that almost every license or permit is a violation of our rights. It's just that these violations have happened over time and so each generation grows up with more and more rights taken away and thinks it's normal. For intance, I read that Orville Wright never had a pilot's license - he just built a machine that could fly and took off. Same with the first automobile owners - they just bought the new contraption and drove it. That's pretty much how firearms were treated until the slaves were freed and those in powere didn't want the black race to be armed. So to reiterate my question: if you have to fill out a form, pay a fee, pass a test - can you really call it a right? We've given up so much already.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I wonder about the difference between a privilege and a right. Y'all think we have a right to keep and bear arms but almost everyone on this board, including me, has a permit to carry concealed. Then someone said driving is a privilege. Why is that? Seems to me the 10th amendment says anything not granted to the Feds is ours or the states' and that just because some rights are listed doesn't mean there aren't a lot of others retained by the people. So if we're free to come and go as we please why are we not free to use the highway system that our taxes pay for if we can afford to buy a vehicle - without a permission slip from the government? And if your answer is that we need to pass a driving test then what's the big deal with a firearms test or a civics test for voting? I'm a libertarian at heart and I believe that almost every license or permit is a violation of our rights. It's just that these violations have happened over time and so each generation grows up with more and more rights taken away and thinks it's normal. For intance, I read that Orville Wright never had a pilot's license - he just built a machine that could fly and took off. Same with the first automobile owners - they just bought the new contraption and drove it. That's pretty much how firearms were treated until the slaves were freed and those in powere didn't want the black race to be armed. So to reiterate my question: if you have to fill out a form, pay a fee, pass a test - can you really call it a right? We've given up so much already.
    We have been conditioned to just accept that if we jump through the hoops and allow the red tape to cover us up and then have a breakthrough we have exercised our rights.
    I guess a wallet full of plastic cards with my picture on them defines a life of freedom?

Hummmm.. Sad at best...

Good post...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123