2A Posse - Page 12
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2A Posse

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Did we decide when/where to meet up before the rally?
    I think we were going with the Memorial to the 56 Signers of the Declaration of Independence. BUT, one thing I was wondering was how everyone plans to get from their hotels to D.C.? I'm thinking it's going to be pretty hard to find a parking spot near the Mall. Take a bus? In that case, maybe we all just meet at a bus station and go from there. I'm not familiar with the bus system in the area, but I'm hoping there is a bus station that has a place for me to park (since I won't be staying in a hotel).

As for time, I guess it depends on how close we want to be to the front. I would imagine that it will start filling up pretty early. Even if being up front isn't important, I wouldn't get there any later than 9.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

3. Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Did we decide when/where to meet up before the rally?
    NOt yet. Anyone here have a good knowledge of the area who can make a suggestion?

tfo

PS We will all have the same hats on, which will make it easier to spot each other.
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I think we were going with the Memorial to the 56 Signers of the Declaration of Independence. BUT, one thing I was wondering was how everyone plans to get from their hotels to D.C.? I'm thinking it's going to be pretty hard to find a parking spot near the Mall. Take a bus? In that case, maybe we all just meet at a bus station and go from there. I'm not familiar with the bus system in the area, but I'm hoping there is a bus station that has a place for me to park (since I won't be staying in a hotel).

As for time, I guess it depends on how close we want to be to the front. I would imagine that it will start filling up pretty early. Even if being up front isn't important, I wouldn't get there any later than 9.
    UT43, the subway system is excellent, at least it was years ago. You could park out on the periphery somewhere there's a parking lot near a subway entrance. Of course, depending on how many people show up, it's probably gonna be crowded and chaotic. (I don't know a thing about bus routes; always used to take the subway.)
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Sounds good. Is that what you are planning on doing, or are you driving in?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Ricbac and I are sharing a hotel room somewhere in VA (he made the reservations, where, I don't remember). So, yeah, I do believe we'll be using the subway. For sure, attempting to drive all the way in to DC proper would be something to avoid. Ignoring the crowds, if you take a wrong turn, you could be in serious trouble pretty fast (DC's got some of the worst hoods in the country).
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

UT, JJFlash and I are driving in Sunday... JJ Has a good working Knowledge of the neighborhood and if he says tdaway, then we go tdataway.

Looking forward to shaking some hands...
    Semper Fi

Yeah, I actually get into D.C. on a fairly regular basis. The only difference is that it's always for a residential delivery and I always just double park, so I don't have to really worry about finding a real parking space.

Anyway, do you have a particular subway station in mind? I wouldn't mind just meeting there and riding in with you guys.

UT... I picked up a room within the SAM Block... (Second Amendment March) The hotel is the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, VA. (Hotel Information | Second Amendment March)
    The original hotel block has sold out. BUT there is a block at a second hotel that has some rooms left. Another Hotel Room Block Opened | Second Amendment March

Sharaton National
    900 South Orme Street Arlington, Virginia 22204

Semper Fi

UT43 (and anyone else interested), I just googled "subway stations Washington DC), and, with one click got a nice map of the multi-colored subway routes and the location of the stations. Springfield VA looks like the one we'll probably use. And the VA "burbs" are much nicer than the DC "hoods".

Cool, I don't know why I didn't think of just googleing the D.C. subway. After looking at the map, I'll probably park at the Shady Grove station and ride the subway from there. That'll keep my nerve racking, hair pulling, morning rush hour commute to a minimum.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast