2A Posse - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2A Posse

Just posting to keep this thread front and center, as you guys suggested.

So, LukeM will let us know about USACarry hats we can wear to recognize one another. We're gonna decide eventually where to meet up in DC.

Any more recruits for this mission? Should be a great time meeting your compatriots on this site. Really looking forward to it (as long as somebody doesn't dot my eye for all my wise-ass cracks on this site!)

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

So, LukeM will let us know about USACarry hats we can wear to recognize one another. We're gonna decide eventually where to meet up in DC.

Any more recruits for this mission? Should be a great time meeting your compatriots on this site. Really looking forward to it (as long as somebody doesn't dot my eye for all my wise-ass cracks on this site!)
    I was thinking about showing up in the rose garden...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

4. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

The event will be at the Washington Monument from I believe around 9 am to 4 pm. Let's all get our hats on, coordinate transporation, and meet there, putting aside any differences me have on the forum to join together in solidarity for our support of the 2A!

By the way, is it legal to carry a pocketknife in D.C?

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    The event will be at the Washington Monument from I believe around 9 am to 4 pm. Let's all get our hats on, coordinate transporation, and meet there, putting aside any differences me have on the forum to join together in solidarity for our support of the 2A!

tfo
    State Knife Carry and Blade Length Laws Up to a 3" blade is legal as long as it is not an auto opener.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post

tfo
    As long as its a rubber one :-)

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Unhappy Sorry Fellas

I won't be able to attend. My Oldest Son goes to USMC Basic then. I will be a little busy consolling mama because the nest will have an open space.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I won't be able to attend. My Oldest Son goes to USMC Basic then. I will be a little busy consolling mama because the nest will have an open space.
    Tell the Son, OO-Rah... I am sure He'll represent Our Country and Corps with Honor. (He comes from go stock)

Marines and historians have determined the true origins of "Oorah" lie with recon Marines stationed in Korea in 1953. During this time, reconnaissance Marines in the 1st Amphibious Reconnaissance Co., found themselves traveling via submarine to where they were needed. The memorable call of "dive, dive!" would be called on the intercom and a klaxon alarm, which made a very distinct "Aarugha" sound, would announce the descent of the sub below water.
    The recon Marines, who heard this sound often, started using it as a motivational tool during runs and physical training. Over time, the word "Aarugha" came to be too much of a mouthful, and eventually molded itself into the familiar "Oorah," according to Maj. Gary Marte, a retired Marine.
    Semper Fi..
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    These kind of "life events" are tough, indeed. Hang tough; we're thinking of you guys. My wife and I are recent "empty nesters". It's different, all right. Takes some getting used to.

I'll miss meeting you, Festus. Next time.

Many thanks to your son.

10. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Sorry you can't make it Festus.

tfo

11. Any word on when the USACarry hats will be available for us to purchase?

tfo

PS Did everyone see Palin tear it up tonight in TN? I love that woman.

tfo

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast