Sarah Palin to headline first-ever Tea Party Convention - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sarah Palin to headline first-ever Tea Party Convention

Never seaces to amaze me how some common citizens have such a high security clearance that they know when someone is lieing and if they have a brain. Funny how the major media also has the socalled facts on this. I always try to listen to what people say and then watch what they do. That tends to tell a lot about someone.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

As a product of the state university system (U of Maryland, U of N. Dakota, Indiana State U.) I feel I have had just a fine education all the way around and I resent the implication that anyone who does not graduate from, say, Hahvard, is unqualified for high office. Frankly, I just don't see the President's job as all that difficult, especially if one leads from a set of core principles, with the Constitution providing the overall underlying structure. And, especially, if one leaves "politics" out of it and you don't care who you piss off.

To wit:

1) Federal budget deficit: Don't spend more than you take in. Simple.

2) Illegal immigration: You're found here illegally, you get sent home. Close the borders. Easy.

3) Terrorism: You attack us and we will hunt you down to the ends of the earth. If you hide in a country that shelters you and does not root you out, we will do it. Screw your sovereign borders. We're the Great Satan. Don't like it? TS.

4) Health Care Reform: We have the best system in the world, but agreed that it's costly. Let's try tort reform and shopping for insurance across state lines and let's see what happens before dismantling the whole system.

5) Inner city eduation: Vouchers have been proven to work by introducing competition into the sytem. Vouchers are therefore available in any state that rakes in federal (read: taxpayer) dollars.

6) Unemployment: As a CPA, I know of many businesses (my own included) which will not hire employees because of minimal pay requirements,the load of taxes laid upon them by gov't ( workers comp, federal unemployment insurance, state unemployment insurance, FICA, sales tax) not to mention the onerous "human rights" conditions which often prevent you from firing someone. Therefore, cut the taxes, rescind minimum wage requirements, get rid of bs labor laws.

7) Energy Independence: Are you kidding? Drill, baby, drill, keeping in mind that at some point, petro-based fuels are finite, so provide some tax incentives for companies to develop alternative fuels. Hey, who doesn't want to heat their house with solar? Make it feasible, practical, and people will utilize it.

8) Environment: Everyone wants a clean environment. So, keep it clean. You pollute it, you pay a hefty fine and you clean it up. All the while understanding that it is impossible to maintain a "pristine" environ. Let's be realistic.

9) Global warming: Easy. It doesn't exist, so don't worry about it. Climate change: natural, always gonna happen. We'll adjust.

10) Iran and the "bomb": Support the Iranian dissidents fighting for their freedom right now. Blockade Iran right now and stress them economically to see if they come to their senses. If they don't, then Israel will probably step in. Support Israel.

11) N.Korea: Take the idiot out. Paramilitary assasination teams come to mind. Same for the nutjob in Iran, come to think of it.

I could go on (e.g., one cultural issue: English is the language of the land. period), but you get my drift. The problems we face have been created by POLITICIANS who thirst for POWER. They don't solve problems, they create them. "We the People" can get along just fine without the horse-Pelosi, er...horse-puckey which emanates from Washington. Problems are easy enough to address when you're not worried about alienating your "power base" or corporate sponsors, or the NWO, or what the hell ever. Speaking of which: TERM LIMITS!

I don't know...seems like Sara could handle this, if she hires ME as her advisor!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    As a product of the state university system (U of Maryland, U of N. Dakota, Indiana State U.) I feel I have had just a fine education all the way around and I resent the implication that anyone who does not graduate from, say, Hahvard, is unqualified for high office. Frankly, I just don't see the President's job as all that difficult, especially if one leads from a set of core principles, with the Constitution providing the overall underlying structure. And, especially, if one leaves "politics" out of it and you don't care who you piss off.

To wit:

2) Illegal immigration: You're found here illegally, you get sent home. Close the borders. Easy.

3) Terrorism: You attack us and we will hunt you down to the ends of the earth. If you hide in a country that shelters you and does not root you out, we will do it. Screw your sovereign borders. We're the Great Satan. Don't like it? TS.

4) Health Care Reform: We have the best system in the world, but agreed that it's costly. Let's try tort reform and shopping for insurance across state lines and let's see what happens before dismantling the whole system.

5) Inner city eduation: Vouchers have been proven to work by introducing competition into the sytem. Vouchers are therefore available in any state that rakes in federal (read: taxpayer) dollars.

6) Unemployment: As a CPA, I know of many businesses (my own included) which will not hire employees because of minimal pay requirements,the load of taxes laid upon them by gov't ( workers comp, federal unemployment insurance, state unemployment insurance, FICA, sales tax) not to mention the onerous "human rights" conditions which often prevent you from firing someone. Therefore, cut the taxes, rescind minimum wage requirements, get rid of bs labor laws.

7) Energy Independence: Are you kidding? Drill, baby, drill, keeping in mind that at some point, petro-based fuels are finite, so provide some tax incentives for companies to develop alternative fuels. Hey, who doesn't want to heat their house with solar? Make it feasible, practical, and people will utilize it.

8) Environment: Everyone wants a clean environment. So, keep it clean. You pollute it, you pay a hefty fine and you clean it up. All the while understanding that it is impossible to maintain a "pristine" environ. Let's be realistic.

9) Global warming: Easy. It doesn't exist, so don't worry about it. Climate change: natural, always gonna happen. We'll adjust.

10) Iran and the "bomb": Support the Iranian dissidents fighting for their freedom right now. Blockade Iran right now and stress them economically to see if they come to their senses. If they don't, then Israel will probably step in. Support Israel.

11) N.Korea: Take the idiot out. Paramilitary assasination teams come to mind. Same for the nutjob in Iran, come to think of it.

I don't know...seems like Sara could handle this, if she hires ME as her advisor!

With the kind of presidents we seem to be getting the job is real eaisy. Just be a good puppet and let the puppet masters pull your strings. Don't even have to be able to do much thinking or have any experience. The one we have now is a real good example of that.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

To wit:

I could go on (e.g., one cultural issue: English is the language of the land. period), but you get my drift. The problems we face have been created by POLITICIANS who thirst for POWER. They don't solve problems, they create them. "We the People" can get along just fine without the horse-Pelosi, er...horse-puckey which emanates from Washington. Problems are easy enough to adress when you're not worried about alienating your "power base" or corporate sponsors, or the NWO, or what the hell ever. Speaking of which: TERM LIMITS!

JJF, Nicely said. Thank you Sir.
    Semper Fi

JJFlash for President! I even have your campaign slogan, My Friend:

"A no nonsense man for a nonsensical world".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

7. I like Sarah a bunch, but I was disappointed in her response in an interview with Glenn Beck. The question was something like "can you see yourself running as a third party candidate" for president. Her response was "no, we have a two party system". She went on to say that she was a registered Republican. I also like Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, but I have the same concerns about him. I don't think they are able to imagine a 3rd party candidate actually winning the presidency. Sarah is rght that we are a two-party system, but the system is broke. It would be really difficult for any person to run as a candidate for one of the two major parites and not feel obliged to toe the party line. Everyone, including myself, is very excited about Scott Brown, but it is too early to determine yet whether or not he can continue to be his own person. Hopefully the Tea Party Movement will be able to provide enough pressure on the Rebpublicans to actually consider moving back to center right.

8. got to love PALIN...

loves her country, believes in the AMERICAN people, NRA member, hunter, outdoors persons, family mom, sports person, and with a son serving to fight terrorism.

I voted for her, and will again.

I did and would again! She has way more experience than Obama. She would not be running all over the world apoligizing for the United States.

Sarah is right, we are a two party system. Third party candidates have historically taken votes away from the Republicans and put Dems in office. The answer is to take back the Republican Party and hold their feet to the fire. I didn't leave the Republican Party they left me. Now the time is right to take the party back. Move them center right and keep them there.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123