Chicago police to drop entrance exams..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago police to drop entrance exams..

Chicago police to drop entrance exams..

This takes the Cake, if they pass it.
    Chicago PD Might Get Rid of Entrance Exam Liveshots

I think I'll go apply.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Chicago is a GUN FREE ZONE, so it only makes sense that you don't need any qualifications to be a police officer.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Makes about as much sense as continually reelecting that idiot they have for mayor.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

No problem...Just suit these guys up with blue helmets and cut 'em loose!

Notice one of the reasons: to boost minority hiring. Here we go, rather than hold everyone's feet to fire and make 'em work hard to qualify, let's just cut the requirements. That way, any fool can be a Chicago cop. What a sham.

The simplest way to explain this is: Garbage in ... Garbage out....
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    No problem...Just suit these guys up with blue helmets and cut 'em loose!

Notice one of the reasons: to boost minority hiring. Here we go, rather than hold everyone's feet to fire and make 'em work hard to qualify, let's just cut the requirements. That way, any fool can be a Chicago cop. What a sham.
    Yep what a smack in the face to minorities! So basically they are saying they don't feel that minorities are smart enough to pass the existing test so they need to dumb is down a bit.

I'm with you JJFlash why make them work, study, and put forth any effort. Just hand them a badge, (maybe one of those CCW ones) a uniform, and gun.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Educated people might have read the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
    Educated people can easily pass an entrance exam.
    Educated people won't blindly follow orders from the mayor.

Chicago deserves what happens, maybe southern Illinois can save them?
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

This is a huge miscarriage for the citizens there. City and county departments in my area don't have exams or even comprehensive training. Some larger cities and counties may, but I live in a VERY rural area of AR. The local LEO's are almost universally blithering idiots at the least and dangerous most of the time. They don't even know where one town ends and the other begins (seriously, it happens all the time). All they are good for is writing tickets for speeding and rolling stops, and even that is debatable. They watch a few episodes of COPS and think they are Johnny Law. The difference between these guys and the State Police is unbelieveable. I say all this with a heavy heart because I know most of these "officers" as my business puts me on the street with them, so I get to know most of them and they are usually nice enough guys when they start. But invariably in about three weeks they become self rightious narcissistic jerks.

Yeah, a badge and in particular, a gun, will do that to a lot of people, and not just LEO, either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast