Let's Fight About it Some More - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Fight About it Some More

Definately in camp 2,,,just got done watching some of my co workers primp like a bunch of women,headed out for Shreveport and a night on the town. I definately am old for my age,and I really worry about the future of this country if left in the hands of these damn kids. The country is going to hell on a greased pole
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    I am 57 and definately in Camp 2. I am biased though by the fact that my occupation deals very much in politics and I work very closely with those people whose votes in their job determine what laws WE live with.

When you decide you don't care what others think, and go out and openly thumb your nose at their opinion, then you pretty much guarantee that they do not care what you think. The difference is YOUR vote determines if they will or will not sit in that seat, but THEIR vote while they do sit in that seat determines the laws you live with. You may not like them, but you really DO NOT have a choice.

After 30 years of doing this I have learned that it is much easier to be VERY respectful and get THEM to appreciate MY point of view in hopes of having things work the way I want them to... sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

The problem is if I acted like the camp1 people in my job, or especially like Orange AK guy at least I could be assured of my outcome ... I would lose every time!

That does not mean you do not have the right to act that way or to be that way ... go for it ... just realize the world we live in is simply one big game, like it or not, you have to play and the results ARE yours to control.
    ++1 !! And I think I speak for you 2BA, when I say that no one should mistake and think we are sheep for thinking this way. We do so out of necessity. Believe me when I say that no one more than me wants to tell 'em to shove it up their...But short of "storming the castle", right now the only game in play is politics. Maybe later for storming the castle, but right now the only change is gonna come thru playin the game. Way it is.

I remember the when the stated passed the Shall Issue. Way too cool...
    Now the new goal in my free time being with the C-2 group, is to help teach the young C-1's respect for sidearms and each other.
    Semper Fi

Still prefer Uncle Ted's view...

"The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Still prefer Uncle Ted's view...

"The Second Amendment IS my Concealed Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent
    And there are many here who admire that uncompromised stance both yours and Uncle Ted’s.

I take the tolerance stance. Do what makes you feel happy and good, as long as you in no way infringe upon my rights or the rights of others. If that happens I won’t be tolerant.

I may or may not accept or embrace what others feel is right, but I will be tolerant. It’s one of the responsibilities that come with Freedom. Respect…

With respect to the 2nd amendment, I agree that each state having control and dictating how, who and why is unacceptable.

Comments and feedback always welcome…

Peace
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ++1 !! And I think I speak for you 2BA, when I say that no one should mistake and think we are sheep for thinking this way. We do so out of necessity. Believe me when I say that no one more than me wants to tell 'em to shove it up their...But short of "storming the castle", right now the only game in play is politics. Maybe later for storming the castle, but right now the only change is gonna come thru playin the game. Way it is.
    Your right JJ ... what the hey ... STORM WARNING ISSUED!!!

Truth is I always pray it will not come to that because it would not be fun and it would not be pretty. I always have to chuckle when engaged in "cocktail" conversation with those who see a "civil war" as sort of romantic thing. Kind of like thinking being a cowboy would be cool after seeing a movie.

I've never been a cowboy but I hear it is really hard and often sucks. I've also never been in a civil war but I am most certain that that would suck!

I've never been a cowboy but I hear it is really hard and often sucks. I've also never been in a civil war but I am most certain that that would suck!
    Time and again I read about someone telling about how if only there had been someone with a gun at a certain incident, or as you say romanticazing war and whatever. The one thing that I keep seeing is that for some reason people keep forgetting that the other person is shooting back. I remember seeing "Gone With the Wind" for the first time back around 1958 when I was about 8 years old. The one scene that I still remember was that of thousands of men lying there wounded with little or no medical help and the screams of the man yelling "Please don't take my leg". Yep, movies and TV have made war and cowboys romantic but in real life they both suck.

Damn you guys are old!!!
    Kidding.

I'm in camp 2, and I'm slightly younger than everybody else who has put their age up here.

I'm in Camp 2...and a very young 62!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Camp2 and about to turn the BIG 50.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast