Let's Fight About it Some More - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Fight About it Some More

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I remember the when the stated passed the Shall Issue. Way too cool...
    Now the new goal in my free time being with the C-2 group, is to help teach the young C-1's respect for sidearms and each other.
    Ahhh, yes, "respect". That seems to be sorely lacking in our society these days. The lack of it also shows up on this board now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ... basically 2 camps: 1) my right to do it and I don't care what anyone thinks about it; and 2) yeah, it's your right but you need to use common sense.
    39 years old, camp #2. In my experience, honey generally works better than vinegar… and you get more accomplished by working with quiet persistence! No orange pretentiousness required! :)

“Stay alert. This is hazardous work I'm assigning you. You're going to be like sheep running through a wolf pack, so don't call attention to yourselves. Be as cunning as a snake, inoffensive as a dove.” Matthew 10:16 (msg)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

31. number 2. people with no respect for others annoy me. a little bit of being considerate of others goes a long way.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    31. number 2. people with no respect for others annoy me. a little bit of being considerate of others goes a long way.
    It does go a long way, but I think it's a foreign concept to most people.

It's my right and I sure as hell care what others think about it, which is why I use "common sense." I'm 31.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ahhh, yes, "respect". That seems to be sorely lacking in our society these days. The lack of it also shows up on this board now and then.
    I think that folks who don't respect others have no respect for themselves...and that's so unfortunate!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Yep, people that don't RESPECT others right to do what they want (as long as it doesn't infringe on any others rights) in a free country like our is, or used to be anyways....sucks.

The pushing of morals and "holier than thou" attitudes are not what "Freedom" is about......................

I am not trying to say anything bad about anyone here or tick anyone off. , I just get the message that some who answered this are saying in a round-about way that those that exercise their rights in a way they wouldn't approve of... are not deserving of the same "respect" they say is so important to them and that they give others by the way they themselves practice their rights. (that would be defined by the word hypocrisy)

Sure, it is rude the way some have acted in public as far as how they decided to practice their rights...... It is also rude to call them names or attack them for it (not that any of you have outright). Our Freedoms belong to each and every one of us..... not just those who are considerate of others.

I don't know, maybe I am just reading too much into some of the responses. If I am, I am sorry.

I just turned 53. I've learned to chose my battles wisely. Beware of Pyrrhic victories. I'd have to go with #2.
    A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern.

10. I dipped my 1911 in fluorescent orange plasti-dip, is that bad? It is a bit thicker now. That's OK though because I have big hands.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

11. It doesn't say "The right to keep and bear arms where people won't be upset or offended shall not be infringed". If I asked someone who is talking into their cell phone loudly using profanity in a public place where I have my kids to knock it off, I get told it's a free country and that I should mind my own business. You see something objectionable on TV or hear it on the radio, you get told that if you don't like it, you can just change the station. Free speech, right?

So why is it that if I want to carry an orange AK in a place where I am legally allowed to, I have to modify my behavior (protected by the same Constitution that protects objectionable speech) to make other people more comfortable? The same people, for the most part, who will argue that their right to free speech is more important than my comfort then turn around and say that their right to be comfortable is more important than my right to keep and bear? And I'm supposed to "respect" that? When they have no respect for me?

They say "It's legal to put this filth on the radio, TV, and movies. So you old fashioned people just have to deal with it." I say "It's legal to carry this firearm. So you ignorant or power hungry (one or the other) people just have to deal with it." What's the difference? I can change the station. You can go somewhere else. Sounds fair.

Edited for clarity
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast