Let's Fight About it Some More - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Fight About it Some More

Do I assume correctly that those of you who feel you have the RIGHT to open carry an orange AK will do so when the state outlaws it?

Better yet, ya'll get a group together, paint up those AKs and then parade around the polling places or the state capitol when the sheep are gonna vote on it. Let me know how that turns out for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Do I assume correctly that those of you who feel you have the RIGHT to open carry an orange AK will do so when the state outlaws it?

Better yet, ya'll get a group together, paint up those AKs and then parade around the polling place or the state capitol when the sheep are gonna vote on it. Let me know how that turns out for ya.

Well JJ, IF you buy me one, I'll open carry it, Heck, I will even send you a video of it.

PS: ALL of us DO have the RIGHT to carry one, (open carry states for this discussion) not just those of us with the moxie to do so.

NO, having that "Right" does not make carrying an orange AK a wise thing to do.

Again, he did NOT carry an orange AK. He carried an AK with the TIP painted orange to intentionally decieve the authorities into thinking the gun was a toy.

I have no problem with people carrying guns that are Pink, Blue, Green or Orange if they deisre as long as the are within the law and acting RESPONSIBLY! In this case he may have been technically within the law, but an INTENTIONAL move to deceive the authorities by disguising your weapon I cannot condone as RESPONSIBLE. Especially when your only goal is to incite a confrontation as a publicity stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by joespahr View Post
    It doesn't say "The right to keep and bear arms where people won't be upset or offended shall not be infringed". If I asked someone who is talking into their cell phone loudly using profanity in a public place where I have my kids to knock it off, I get told it's a free country and that I should mind my own business. You see something objectionable on TV or hear it on the radio, you get told that if you don't like it, you can just change the station. Free speech, right?

So why is it that if I want to carry an orange AK in a place where I am legally allowed to, I have to modify my behavior (protected by the same Constitution that protects objectionable speech) to make other people more comfortable? The same people, for the most part, who will argue that their right to free speech is more important than my comfort then turn around and say that their right to be comfortable is more important than my right to keep and bear? And I'm supposed to "respect" that? When they have no respect for me?

They say "It's legal to put this filth on the radio, TV, and movies. So you old fashioned people just have to deal with it." I say "It's legal to carry this firearm. So you ignorant or power hungry (one or the other) people just have to deal with it." What's the difference? I can change the station. You can go somewhere else. Sounds fair.

Edited for clarity

Wow, joespahr, You have, in this post, said what I have been trying to say in the last 20 of mine (figure of speech, don't count them)

Bravo sir for putting it so plainly! And thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Again, he did NOT carry an orange AK. He carried an AK with the TIP painted orange to intentionally decieve the authorities into thinking the gun was a toy.

I have no problem with people carrying guns that are Pink, Blue, Green or Orange if they deisre as long as the are within the law and acting RESPONSIBLY! In this case he may have been technically within the law, but an INTENTIONAL move to deceive the authorities by disguising your weapon I cannot condone as RESPONSIBLE. Especially when your only goal is to incite a confrontation as a publicity stunt.
    In the picture I saw, the whole pistol was painted. I agree with the main premise of your post. Yours also, A45.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    In the picture I saw, the whole pistol was painted. I agree with the main premise of your post. Yours also, A45.
    Yes, JJ that is correct. After getting so much flack for painting the tip orange he painted the rest of the gun and posted the picture of it that way. I think is was to mislead everyone that the gun was totally orange in the beginning, but I cannot prove that. However if you read all his posts here and elsewhere he fully admits that ONLY the tip was orange during his stroll and that his INTENT in doing such was to decieve law enforcement such that they may delay somewhat in opening fire on him if that situation developed.

So why is it that if I want to carry an orange AK in a place where I am legally allowed to, I have to modify my behavior (protected by the same Constitution that protects objectionable speech) to make other people more comfortable?
    Because "these people" may vote your 'right' away. I understand what the Constitution says, I'm just noting what reality is. It would be nice if we lived by the strict Founder's version of the Constitution, but we're so far from that, I don't know when/if we'll ever be able to get back to it. In the meantime, however, we are fighting to do so. The question then becomes "how do we fight"?

I agree, we DO have the "right" to carry whatever the hell we want, whatever the hell color we want to paint it, but pissing off or scaring the sheep will probably send us backward, not forward, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post

2bear, I know what you are saying, but did you read his explanation of WHY he painted the tip orange (and he did say it was to deceive the police ) It was to keep them from shooting him as soon as soon they saw him........ a little life insurance, as what he was doing MAY HAVE GOTTEN HIM SHOT / KILLED BY POLICE. (and THEY would have been guilty of murder, in my opinion)

Haven't you read/heard about instances where others have been shot at/killed by police, just because they had a gun? Even though they were breaking NO LAWS while doing so?

I think he was quite wise in painting the tip orange for that purpose. I support his Constitutional Right to Bear Arms in any way he wants to.

I think he should have stayed home too, lol

Edited to add: I see you have already answered this before I posted it, lol

It doesn't say "The right to keep and bear arms where people won't be upset or offended shall not be infringed".
    Try explaining that to King Charles of Chicago as he is throwing you behind bars.

The point you are missing is that NO ONE has said that he did anything illegal, or that he didn't have the right to do it. The very sad reality though, is that his perfectly legal actions could end up having the new state park carry law repealed. Certainly, that would be unconstitutional, but it's highly possible none-the-less.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

2bear, I know what you are saying, but did you read his explanation of WHY he painted the tip orange (and he did say it was to deceive the police ) It was to keep them from shooting him as soon as soon they saw him........ a little life insurance, as what he was doing MAY HAVE GOTTEN HIM SHOT / KILLED BY POLICE. (and THEY would have been guilty of murder, in my opinion)
    If you had read his posts on many of the other boards that he drug into his little 30 minutes of fame you would find that he did not say that at all. In one case he stated that it was to slow down the response of the police in pulling their weapons giving him some extra time to "beat them to the draw" as he put it in so many words. I followed his story on several other boards where he was usually banned before he got around to this one. If you do some research you find that his version of things really changed from his first posts.

With that said I haven't found anyone saying that what he did was illegal just like cussing on a cell phone in public isn't illegal. However a 2 year-old having a temper tantrum in Wal-Mart isn't illegal either but don't you want to either whip their behind or their parents one or the other.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast