Let's Fight About it Some More - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Let's Fight About it Some More

I agree with everything you posted, Bo, but what do you suggest we DO?

Are you advocating, say, open carry, because of our 2A RKBA?

Do we stop renewing our CCW permits?

Are you suggesting we "educate" LEO on the side of the road?

Do we ignore the sheep, so they can run to the legislature and vote to impose MORE restrictions on our Constitutional rights?

I understand and support your mindset on our Constitutional rights, but reality being what it is, how do you suggest we go about restoring them?

Open revolt?

What?

There are many things we do today. Many things we put up with that are against our rights. The federal income tax is wrong. There is no provision in the Constitution for it. Yet most of us still pay it because we are not willing to go to jail to fight it. We will face a lot of choices ahead. We have to pick our battles. Each one of us has to decide for ourself when and if a battle is worth the cost to wage it. Did the stunt we are talking about accomplish anything good for the cause of furthering the 2nd Amendment? I doubt it but that is just my oppinion.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I agree with everything you posted, Bo, but what do you suggest we DO?

Are you advocating, say, open carry, because of our 2A RKBA?

Do we stop renewing our CCW permits?

Are you suggesting we "educate" LEO on the side of the road?

Do we ignore the sheep, so they can run to the legislature and vote to impose MORE restrictions on our Constitutional rights?

I understand and support your mindset on our Constitutional rights, but reality being what it is, how do you suggest we go about restoring them?

Open revolt?

What?
    History has shown us that opposing existing laws by breaking them is seldom fruitful...

E.G.: Numerous individuals arrested & convicted and jailed for protesting Federal & State Civil Rights Violations 47 years ago have yet to be successful in having their records expunged...

But we can publicly refute our disagreement, with existing laws and refuse to accept the status quo and further infringements by incrementalism...

We can frequently remind those that represent WE THE PEOPLE, that their primary responsibility is to repeal unconstitutional laws (such as take your pick 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 FOPA, NICS, Brady Bills ad nauseam, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Food Stamps etc.), not create more of them like ObamaCare, Entitlements, etc...

Things that we can do, is constantly be mindful of ways to oppose a law by not breaking the law...

Similar to as I have previously suggested here:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

And here:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...pen-watch.html

I am a law-abiding Concealed Carry Permit holder; but that does not mean by the farthest stretch of the imagination that I think it is Constitutional...

I frequently, recommend that anybody that is in a "MAY ISSUE" State or Municipality, (California & New York TOP OF THE LIST) and is refused a Concealed Carry Permit for any reason other than a previous felony conviction; to challenge it to the Supreme Court if necessary; because this is the kind of case that can be used to legitimately challenge that any permit/registration requirement period is unconstitutional... (Weapons or Ammo)
    Nowhere in the Constitution including but not limited to the Second Amendment is there an exception to "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" given...

We can do similar things with the 1986 FOPA 18 USC 922(o) AKA: Hughes Amendment...
    File a batfe form 4 and when you are refused because you are not LEO, Military or a Member of the Three Branches of the Government Challenge it...
    There is obviously no class/type of weapon exception to "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" either...

This includes but is not limited to full-autos, nunchaku etc...

Additionally, in calls & correspondence we need to be reminding the NRA, GOA, SAF, JPFO, Guns & Ammo Magazine and other so-called pro-second amendment groups that claim to represent us that they need to start stepping up to the plate on such issues proactively, instead of sitting on their hands and sending Attorney's like Alan Gura Esq., to defend our Second Amendment rights when he has literally & frequently conceded & stated that there are limits to the Second Amendment...

In the case of somebody clearly not violating any existing open or concealed carry law as with our Orange AK friend; those that truly support the Unabridged Second Amendment must cry foul and make no secret of it to the applicable authorities, the media and Federal, State and other municipality authorities, Senators, Congressmen, Assemblymen, Councilmen, etc...
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JPFO, etc...

What's next, our kids walking home from little league practice with a baseball bat?

Likewise, every time there is a mass shooting in a so-called weapon free zone, we must remind them of their actions or lack thereof to repeal such laws that are responsible for the loss of life & property...

E.G.: Virginia Tech, Ft. Hood, District Court in Vegas...

Oh! AND when States like Tennessee & Montana pass or attempt to pass so-called Firearm Freedom Acts that concede exceptions from the get go; We step up and say HELL NO!

Our failure to speak up, and often is how low-life's like Obama & Company get away with the living document & fundamentally flawed Constitution arguments, and "Just Because You Have A Right, Does Not Mean The Government Cannot Constrain That Right" and "not in common use weapon fallacies" that they created...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...-criteria.html

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    History has shown us that opposing existing laws by breaking them is seldom fruitful...

We can frequently remind those that represent WE THE PEOPLE, that their primary responsibility is to repeal unconstitutional laws (such as take your pick 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 FOPA, NICS, Brady Bills ad nauseam, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Food Stamps etc.), not create more of them like ObamaCare, Entitlements, etc...
    Yes, a reasonable solution for sure. However, Congress isn't being reasonable, is it? They really don't care about the constitutionality of anything they're doing in D. C. To them, the Constitution is irrelevant...Obama's words, not mine. So, trying to reason with the progressives, in control of our national interests, is fruitless.

The answer? Exercise our right to vote them OUT OF THERE and replace them with conservatives, who will put the USA back on the right road to individual freedoms, capitalism, a balanced budget, smaller government, State's sovereignty, etc. etc.

It is my prayer that Scott Brown wins by a landslide tomorrow. That will start the ball rolling toward a real turnaround in D. C.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Yes, a reasonable solution for sure. However, Congress isn't being reasonable, is it? They really don't care about the constitutionality of anything they're doing in D. C. To them, the Constitution is irrelevant...Obama's words, not mine. So, trying to reason with the progressives, in control of our national interests, is fruitless.

The answer? Exercise our right to vote them OUT OF THERE and replace them with conservatives, who will put the USA back on the right road to individual freedoms, capitalism, a balanced budget, smaller government, State's sovereignty, etc. etc.

It is my prayer that Scott Brown wins by a landslide tomorrow. That will start the ball rolling toward a real turnaround in D. C.
    Note that every time we correspond with one of our representatives and they actually respond, the entire conservation becomes public record for all time...

This can be used to our advantage, to establish a pattern of abuse, neglect and usurpation's, much like those Thomas Jefferson itemized in the declaration of independence...

Additionally, it makes great future campaign fodder, impossible to dispute as facts often are...

We have plenty of Ammo, we just need to stop being A.D.D. about history...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Well-stated, Bo, as always.

I think you're on the mark with "incrementalism" which is basically, what I've been arguing. Short of "open revolt", we need to pick our battles carefully, educate where we can, fight where we can, and yes, CW&M, vote 'em out.

Further, I think we MUST use common sense. For the umpteenth time, YES, the orange AK guy was within his rights but he probably set the cause backward, not forward, and therefore does not get my vote of approval (not that he or anyone else wants it or needs it).

It took a long time to get to where we are today and again, short of open revolt, it's gonna take a long time to get back. BTW, open revolt is not recommended, as it tends to get pretty messy. So, we'll game the system for awhile and see what that does. For sure, conservatives in this country are riled up like I've never seen before and that's heartening.

Keep the faith.

+1 to what Bohemian said. I'm 25 and agree with camp 2 even though camp 1 is right but never the less doing that wasn't smart wether it was legal or not.
    Like a good boy scout, I'm prepared.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567