Let's Fight About it Some More
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Fight About it Some More

Let's Fight About it Some More

Well, the "orange AK' incident righteously fanned the flames on this board, didn't it?

We basically had 2 camps: 1) My right to do it and I don't care what anyone thinks about it; and 2) yeah, it's your right but you need to use common sense (FYI, this is where I am).

It would be interesting to know the ages of those in Camp 1. I'm betting they're younger, were not around when "shall issue" laws didn't exist.

Camp 2 would be us older guys who knew what it was like to worry about protecting ourselves and our loved ones when you couldn't carry at all in most locales, at least legally.

So, I'm in Camp 2, and I'm 56. Anybody else care to share that info? Could be interesting.

And here's a scenario for ya, which I posted in another thread on alcohol: I like to wait until voting day, when the sheep are gonna vote on all kinds of stuff, like OC and CC, and then parade up and down the street outside the polling place in camo and jackboots with an orange AK. I do this because it's my right and I don't care who thinks what about it. Occasionally, I stop at the beer wagon down the street and have a nip. I'm not drunk by any stretch and I can do this because it's my right. To all the sheep who look askance at me as they're going in to vote Yay or Nay on carry laws, I look 'em hard in the eye and say "IT'S MY RIGHT!".

You ok with that?

Awwww...forget about it. I'm just crabby: it's freakin -7 outside this afternoon, wind is screaming, truck battery died, this has been going on for about 2 weeks, and my usual cheery nature () is shot all to hell. I plan to go to the gym and beat the sh#t out of a heavy bag in a little while, maybe'll that'll help. My apologies for stirring up the hornet's nest again.

I am interested in the relationship between ages and outlook, however, if anyone cares to play.

I am 39 and fought a hard nearly 20 year fight for SHALL ISSUE here in Kansas and am firm believer in common sense, although in my observation it is becoming very rare

I had a birthday this past fall where I said goodbye forever to my 50's.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

*Puts on his boxing gloves and gets ready to jump in*

dsfsaatrehjnk oi asc ytrup[orew ewqopiytrhj ytjhsaesa ythjmnsa opmn

*Takes gloves off after finding it impossible to type with them on*

I believe I fall under the 1st camp about 75% and the second camp 25%, ( I tend to allow a little more freedom than most would in camp #2, but there are limits, lol ) is that an acceptable answer?

Oh yeh.... I'm 47

Camp 2 with tolerance for the folks in camp 1.

Tolerance vs. Acceptance... Allow me to exercise my rights and I will allow you to do the same..

Very fine line to walk...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    *Puts on his boxing gloves and gets ready to jump in*

dsfsaatrehjnk oi asc ytrup[orew ewqopiytrhj ytjhsaesa ythjmnsa opmn

*Takes gloves off after finding it impossible to type with them on*

I believe I fall under the 1st camp about 75% and the second camp 25%, ( I tend to allow a little more freedom than most would in camp #2, but there are limits, lol ) is that an acceptable answer?

Oh yeh.... I'm 47
    + 1 here, with the qualification the only limits should be your own good judgment, nothing compulsory or mandated by the Government...
    Government has no Constitutional authority to regulate or limit anything...
    They serve to advise not compel and dictate...

I'm 48.

Bill of Rights...
    God Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I wouldn't fall into either category.

Camp 1 wouldn't apply to me because though I do believe you have the right to bear arms within the limits of the law, I do care about what others think, so I would give careful consideration to my actions. The "I don't care what anyone thinks about it" would be the deal breaker for me.

Camp 2 wouldn't apply to me because I don't believe in the term "common sense". The problem with the term is that what would be "common sense" to some may not make any sense to others. I hear folks saying "common sense isn't so common anymore". The term would be too vague for me to associate with that group.

With that said, my feelings would fall into another group where I believe that citizens have the right to bear arms to protect themselves and should be allowed to exercise their rights without any restrictions. I do however believe that when exercising your rights, you would need to carefully consider your actions before doing so as to ensure that you're not infringing on the rights of others. It would be up to our fellow members of the gun community to let others know when they've crossed the line or are getting close.

I'm in my mid 30s'.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Which camp?

Well I'm in my 70's and through the years I believe that "common sense" has helped me and others more so than the "other sense" or "My right".
    If I remember right about 50 yrs ago that saying "THAT'S MY RIGHT" came into being and everybody started screaming it. Lawyers and politicians (horses of the same color) made a fortune on that and they still are. Now days everything has to be politically right or else. What ever happened to COMMON SENSE?
    Peaceful been carrying a 1911 most of my life and still do.
    PS
    Oh by the way my 1911 has taken care of everybody it had to.

I am 57 and definately in Camp 2. I am biased though by the fact that my occupation deals very much in politics and I work very closely with those people whose votes in their job determine what laws WE live with.

When you decide you don't care what others think, and go out and openly thumb your nose at their opinion, then you pretty much guarantee that they do not care what you think. The difference is YOUR vote determines if they will or will not sit in that seat, but THEIR vote while they do sit in that seat determines the laws you live with. You may not like them, but you really DO NOT have a choice.

After 30 years of doing this I have learned that it is much easier to be VERY respectful and get THEM to appreciate MY point of view in hopes of having things work the way I want them to... sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

The problem is if I acted like the camp1 people in my job, or especially like Orange AK guy at least I could be assured of my outcome ... I would lose every time!

That does not mean you do not have the right to act that way or to be that way ... go for it ... just realize the world we live in is simply one big game, like it or not, you have to play and the results ARE yours to control.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast