Felon With A Firearm Kills In Gun Free Zone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felon With A Firearm Kills In Gun Free Zone

Felon With A Firearm Kills In Gun Free Zone

A Felon with a firearm he could not buy or own, walked into a so-called Gun Free Zone and killed at least one and wounded at least one...

A 66-year-old felon with a grudge against the federal government walked into the Lloyd George U.S. Courthouse with a shotgun on Monday and opened fire.

The resulting shootout with federal marshals and security officers spilled out onto Las Vegas Boulevard, just as the workday was getting under way downtown.

When it was over, security officer and retired Las Vegas policeman Stan Cooper, 72, lay dying in the courthouse lobby, and Wicks lay dead across the street in a plant bed beside the Historic Fifth Street School.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Richard "Joe" Gardner, 48, was shot in the arm during the exchange but survived.

Last year, Wicks lost a lawsuit against the government in which he claimed his disability benefits were unfairly cut when he moved from California to Nevada. He blamed his treatment on racism.

Though security personnel were widely credited for keeping Wicks from advancing beyond the building's screening area, the attack has sharpened an ongoing national debate over safety measures at federal courts...

Dolts... just like airport security after somebody is already in the building is too fricking late...

Hey Brady Campaign, BATFE, Obama Lovers, Mayor Oscar Gun Grabbing Goodman, Harry Reid, Dina Titus, Shelley Berkley, Sheriff Doug Gillespie and the rest of you Constitution Hating Anti-Second Amendment Nut Bars...

How's that whole BATFE form 4473 thing working out for you?

How's that whole Gun Free Zone thing working out for you?

How's that whole NICS thing working out for you?

How's that whole Prohibited Persons thing working out for you?

http://www.lvrj.com/news/top-news-81088132.html

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

You must be mistaken. This could not have happened. The media must have gone to Hollywood and had this made up. The Libs tell us all the time how gun control works. I know it's the Tea Party crowd They must have made this up. No wait it's George Bush. He had it made up.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It was probably somebody on a forum like this, who is pro-2A, legally owns firearms, practices safety, protection, and awareness who went out and got that felon a gun. That's the only way possible because the system works. It's against the law for a felon to have a gun, therefore impossible for them to even know how to get one.

In all seriousness, it's a horrific tragedy that happened.

When this news story was playing here, they never mentioned that the guy was a felon. They only played up the whole "the government took my money away because I'm black" angle.

Check out more of the details about him here: FBI: Vegas shooter had 'lengthy' criminal history - Yahoo! News

This guy has been in trouble back and forth for murder, sexual assault, and more since the 70's. It looks like every time something didn't go his way, he tried to play the race card. Don't get me wrong, racism is sometimes a factor. But when the only thing in common with all your problems is you... Well, it's time to reflect upon how to change things for the better. Apparently he did not do that.

This is where our society is heading. Our children are being instilled with a huge sense of entitlement. We have people calling 911 because McDonalds is out of chicken nuggets. We have people driving their cars into the fast food restaurants because their order was wrong. It is only a matter of time before people are killed over trivial things on a regular basis. It already happens in thug culture, and not enough parents today are doing effective jobs at heading off the problem.

Sorry about getting off track, but this latest attack really does seem like the tip of the iceberg to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    It was probably somebody on a forum like this, who is pro-2A, legally owns firearms, practices safety, protection, and awareness who went out and got that felon a gun. That's the only way possible because the system works. It's against the law for a felon to have a gun, therefore impossible for them to even know how to get one.

In all seriousness, it's a horrific tragedy that happened.
    i disagree with you sir, criminals have always been able to get guns. some one who was able to leagly purchase a firearm does not have to be at the root of how he got the shotgun, stollen guns are readly available on the street! i personaly take offense at your alligation.

Vet, I think you'll find he was being facetious...he meant it as a joke.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    i disagree with you sir, criminals have always been able to get guns. some one who was able to leagly purchase a firearm does not have to be at the root of how he got the shotgun, stollen guns are readly available on the street! i personaly take offense at your alligation.
    He was being facetious because the antis think gun control works.

Beat me to it Ektarr, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    He was being facetious because the antis think gun control works.

Beat me to it Ektarr, lol.
    Exactly. Sorry to stir you up, I was joking. I know better than that.

The Brady crowd would ask how this guy got a gun. I ask why the hell he was a free man in the first place?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

He blamed his treatment on racism
    What race was he blaming it on? Or I should as what race he was?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast