Satan Comes to Church - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Satan Comes to Church

Forgive my spelling here, for I know I'm really going to do badly: There are premillenialists (Church will be raptured prior to the Tribulation) and there are postmillenialists (Church will be raptured after the Tribulation starts). I am a panmillenialist...either way, I believe that it will all pan out in the end.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    For sure, there are liberal Catholics and conservative Catholics. The liberals, like those in many other denominations, are, as far as I'm concerned, the devil's emissaries. And they're doing a bang-up job of leading Christians away from the Truth. Whoever thought we would see homosexual clergy in a "Christian" church? I am flabbergasted by it all and shouldn't be, as it has all been predicted.

I expect to be flamed for this post. Bring it on.
    I think most of us who frequent this forum stand behind you (or maybe I should say "beside" you) on this! At least I know I do!

Originally Posted by JJFlash
    For sure, there are liberal Catholics and conservative Catholics. The liberals, like those in many other denominations, are, as far as I'm concerned, the devil's emissaries. And they're doing a bang-up job of leading Christians away from the Truth. Whoever thought we would see homosexual clergy in a "Christian" church? I am flabbergasted by it all and shouldn't be, as it has all been predicted. I expect to be flamed for this post. Bring it on. .
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I think most of us who frequent this forum stand behind you (or maybe I should say "beside" you) on this! At least I know I do!
    I sure stand beside you JJ...because you speak the truth with conviction and from the bottom of your soul.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Still have holy water, shake hands and share the wine at my church. I'm with you JJ bring it on.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

JJ, my opinion is you didnt go far enough/ werent strong enough in your response.

Why would you get flamed JJ? To speak the truth is our duty.
    Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Leviticus 18:22
    That verse doesn't require any interpritation.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

8. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    For sure, there are liberal Catholics and conservative Catholics. The liberals, like those in many other denominations, are, as far as I'm concerned, the devil's emissaries. And they're doing a bang-up job of leading Christians away from the Truth. Whoever thought we would see homosexual clergy in a "Christian" church? I am flabbergasted by it all and shouldn't be, as it has all been predicted.

I expect to be flamed for this post. Bring it on.
    I'll take some of that flame with you. Because you are right.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

The comment about a homosexual clergy in a "Christian" church should be redefined or changed as I don't know that the term "Christian" church is what you meant or a surprise at all to me. I know that this should bring the flames out but what you probably mean is the acceptance of declared homosexuals is more in line. For hundreds of years the practice of homosexuality along with the practice of adultery was quite common among both the monks and priests of the Catholic church but just as all things like that it was kept quite and not talked about. This is not to single out the Catholic religion as there are many Protestant ministers in the same boat. This is not to say it is right or wrong as my belief is that both are wrong and I actually find homosexuality less repulsive than the man who measures himself by how many children he can father out of wedlock leaving the mothers to raise the children by themselves.

In some churches women are not allowed to hold any office including teaching Sunday School to men, others no divorcee can hold any office and in others no admitted homosexual can even be a member but as long they do not admit it or let anyone find out they are fine. Years ago I lost my faith in most churches and denomonations yet my faith in God has never waivered. Something I have come to realize is that if many people would spend 10% of the time convincing themselves of their religion that they spend trying to convince others of it they would be much better off.

If a church decides to have an admitted homosexual pastor I do not have to be a member of that church. However I cannot say that at least some of the members are not "Christian". There are many problems with today's churches and this is only one of them. I can never be a Catholic but I cannot say that those who are Catholic are not Christians. Too many times we get the terms Catholic, Protestant and Christian confused just as we get the terms Sin and Sinner confused.

<rambling off>

FN1910, to be "Christian" is to believe that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer ... and also means to strive to be Christ-like. That covers Catholics as well as Protestants.

God is very clear, in the Holy Bible, that homosexuality is an abomination to Him...in BOTH the Old Testament and the New Testament. Of course, because He's a loving Heavenly Father, He doesn't hate the sinner...only the sin. So, accordingly, we shouldn't hate the sinner, either, but pray for their repentance so that they can come into a right relationship with God. However, if a sinner is truly repentant of their sins, they don't wear their sins as a "badge of honor", like those who are demanding separate and protected homosexual rights. That would be like someone PROUDLY parading around wearing a sign saying "I'm a gossip" ... or "I cheated on my spouse today"... or whatever.

As to the modern day Church...I agree with you. DH calls them "the Church of What's Happening Now". We currently attend a United Methodist Church. If it weren't for our wonderful, Bible-centered pastor and our loving church family, like you, we wouldn't be actively involved either. I believe that when our pastor is transferred to a different church, we will probably withdraw our membership. In order to be sure that the monies that we put in the offering plate aren't used, by the United Methodist organization to fund liberal causes that we consider non-Christian, we ALWAYS designate that the money be used toward "Pastor's Salary". It works for us!

My wife as a child was raised in the Catholic church. I was raised a Baptist. after we were married we tried compromise but that did not work. We felt our son need church but could not come to a decision on where to go.

The real problem though was that in reality neither of us had been saved. In 1976 I meet a man that I worked with and through seeing him come to the Lord and the change in his life got me to thinking about my own life and I one night at work I simply prayed the sinners prayer and ask for forgiveness and received Christ as my savior.

We were invited by my friend to attend a service at his church which was Baptist. My wife at first was resistant seeing as how she had grown up a Catholic however she did go. When the invitation was given I looked at her and she was crying and she said to me, "I am ready and she got up and went forward.

After my wife and I were both saved I felt like a great burden had been lifted of my shoulders. Neither of us are perfect of course but sense that day we know what forgiveness really feels like.

I am so thankful that God loved me enough to pay the price for my salvation. o.k. I will quit preaching now.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast