Satan Comes to Church - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Satan Comes to Church

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    For sure, there are liberal Catholics and conservative Catholics. The liberals, like those in many other denominations, are, as far as I'm concerned, the devil's emissaries. And they're doing a bang-up job of leading Christians away from the Truth. Whoever thought we would see homosexual clergy in a "Christian" church? I am flabbergasted by it all and shouldn't be, as it has all been predicted.

    I expect to be flamed for this post. Bring it on.
    I will not disagree with your post.

  2.   
  3. #22
    God is very clear, in the Holy Bible, that homosexuality is an abomination to Him...in BOTH the Old Testament and the New Testament.
    I will not argue that one bit although there some who will. One of the Ten Commandments as I have always heard them is "Thou shall not commit adultery". That also is open to interpretation and translation of exactly what it means. The point of this is that most of us consider homosexuality an abomonation and sin against God but do we readily ignore the faults of men and women who consider their marriage vows to be no more than a suggestion. So then we turn to trying to decide exactly what is adultery and what did God actually mean by that. Please do not think that I am promoting homosexuality in any way but I just can't go alone with it being the ultimate sin. To me it is just another form of adultery and should be treated the same as the pastor who tries to be a "Real Father" to his congregation as some I have known.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    You religious nut cases crack me up!

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I will not argue that one bit although there some who will. One of the Ten Commandments as I have always heard them is "Thou shall not commit adultery". That also is open to interpretation and translation of exactly what it means. The point of this is that most of us consider homosexuality an abomonation and sin against God but do we readily ignore the faults of men and women who consider their marriage vows to be no more than a suggestion. So then we turn to trying to decide exactly what is adultery and what did God actually mean by that. Please do not think that I am promoting homosexuality in any way but I just can't go alone with it being the ultimate sin. To me it is just another form of adultery and should be treated the same as the pastor who tries to be a "Real Father" to his congregation as some I have known.
    I basically agree wth you. I don't find "homosexuality" to be the ultimate sin, either. Sin is sin. However, having declared homosexuals pastoring a flock is like throwing gasoline on a fire to me. I wouldn't attend such a "Christian" church. Neither would I attend one wherein the pastor was an avowed and proud adulterer, either. Understand that I certainly am weighted down with my own sin (as there's plenty of it!) but seems to me that you have to fight sin, not wallow around in it. Just me.

    I'm certainly not the final word on theological issues, that's for sure, but I don't think it takes years of seminary training to recognize how the Church is being corrupted.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    More accurately phrased:
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    ...but I don't think it takes years of seminary training to recognize how the Church is corrupted.
    See the difference ONE WORD makes?!!

    Yes, any rational free-thinking individual should be able to discern that - about ANY church, for that matter.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    You religious nut cases crack me up!
    Atheists bore me

    As for Globalization providing "what we need"...that's in direct opposition to God's word that says He is to be our sufficiency, not man. I don't care if its guns, bullets, fruits and vegetables, or clothing, if you trace each of these back to their least common denominator (the earth), its from Him.

    Philippians 4:19

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I basically agree wth you. I don't find "homosexuality" to be the ultimate sin, either. Sin is sin. However, having declared homosexuals pastoring a flock is like throwing gasoline on a fire to me. I wouldn't attend such a "Christian" church. Neither would I attend one wherein the pastor was an avowed and proud adulterer, either. Understand that I certainly am weighted down with my own sin (as there's plenty of it!) but seems to me that you have to fight sin, not wallow around in it. Just me.

    I'm certainly not the final word on theological issues, that's for sure, but I don't think it takes years of seminary training to recognize how the Church is being corrupted.
    There is no such thing as "ultimate" sin as sin is sin.
    However, the Bible does record God declaring it an abomination, where other sins do not get that type of classification.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Satan Comes to Church.
    You invited him in - what's all the hubub about?

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by alan93 View Post
    Atheists bore me

    As for Globalization providing "what we need"...that's in direct opposition to God's word that says He is to be our sufficiency, not man. I don't care if its guns, bullets, fruits and vegetables, or clothing, if you trace each of these back to their least common denominator (the earth), its from Him.

    Philippians 4:19
    You can fix it where this fool is on your ignore list and his stupid comments will not appear
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You can fix it where this fool is on your ignore list and his stupid comments will not appear
    Why can't he get booted?

    Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread!
    Last edited by Ga9mm; 01-12-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Apology

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast