BATF Attempts Ban on Private Gun Sales in Texas
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: BATF Attempts Ban on Private Gun Sales in Texas

  1. #1

    Thumbs down BATF Attempts Ban on Private Gun Sales in Texas

    BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

    There is no law to prevent private sales without a license, police issue “direction” on orders of Feds

    Steve Watson
    Infowars.net
    Monday, Jan 18, 2010

    The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is actively issuing directions banning private sales of guns without licenses at gun shows in Texas, despite there being no law to justify such demands.

    A caller to the Alex Jones show brought attention to BATF notices handed out at the entrance of the Texas Gun And Knife Show, on North Lamaar, in Austin this past weekend.

    The flyers (pictured below) state that anyone selling a firearm “will be asked to comply with” conditions including operating through a licensed FFL dealer.

    The notice also states that “Selling firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.”

    “The lady at the front desk used her ‘mommy voice’ to get everyone’s attention.” Scott from Austin told The Alex Jones show, noting that the owners of the private building where the gun show was held were contacted by the APD and the BATF and directed to hand out the notices.

    Scott also told listeners that a petition in protest of the directions was being handed around at the show.



    Other attendees posted the flyer on web forums. One poster noted:

    “Here is a public notice from a gun show in Austin, Texas this weekend. Do any fellow Texans know of any law changes that took effect recently that make person-to-person gun sales illegal? Has anyone else seen similar notices?”

    “It was not handed out in the parking lot, it was posted at the entrance of the venue.” The forum user writes.

    “I spoke with the man who runs the gun show and he said he was told on Thursday to post this (the gun show was Saturday and Sunday). Of course, the owner of the venue has the right to prohibit almost anything he wants on his property, but that’s not what this notice says. It says ‘at the direction of the Austin Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms’ and that’s what bothers me.”


    The direction “asks” visitors to comply with its demands precisely because there is no law or regulation against private gun sales.

    Infowars is in the process of arranging interviews with the Texas Gun Show operators for comments on this issue.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Don't we have a similar thread running in another area that was started by HK4U?



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

    There is no law to prevent private sales without a license, police issue “direction” on orders of Feds

    Steve Watson
    Infowars.net
    Monday, Jan 18, 2010

    The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is actively issuing directions banning private sales of guns without licenses at gun shows in Texas, despite there being no law to justify such demands.

    A caller to the Alex Jones show brought attention to BATF notices handed out at the entrance of the Texas Gun And Knife Show, on North Lamaar, in Austin this past weekend.

    The flyers (pictured below) state that anyone selling a firearm “will be asked to comply with” conditions including operating through a licensed FFL dealer.

    The notice also states that “Selling firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.”

    “The lady at the front desk used her ‘mommy voice’ to get everyone’s attention.” Scott from Austin told The Alex Jones show, noting that the owners of the private building where the gun show was held were contacted by the APD and the BATF and directed to hand out the notices.

    Scott also told listeners that a petition in protest of the directions was being handed around at the show.



    Other attendees posted the flyer on web forums. One poster noted:

    “Here is a public notice from a gun show in Austin, Texas this weekend. Do any fellow Texans know of any law changes that took effect recently that make person-to-person gun sales illegal? Has anyone else seen similar notices?”

    “It was not handed out in the parking lot, it was posted at the entrance of the venue.” The forum user writes.

    “I spoke with the man who runs the gun show and he said he was told on Thursday to post this (the gun show was Saturday and Sunday). Of course, the owner of the venue has the right to prohibit almost anything he wants on his property, but that’s not what this notice says. It says ‘at the direction of the Austin Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms’ and that’s what bothers me.”


    The direction “asks” visitors to comply with its demands precisely because there is no law or regulation against private gun sales.

    Infowars is in the process of arranging interviews with the Texas Gun Show operators for comments on this issue.
    Don't know if we have another thread or not, but every card carrying member of one or more of the following should get on the horn and email tomorrow!
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JPFO

    send a copy of the entire article and image, not just a link, in case it disappears...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  5. #4

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Don't we have a similar thread running in another area that was started by HK4U?



    gf
    If I've started a duplicate thread, I heartily apologize to all my forum buddies...and especially to HK4U!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    If I've started a duplicate thread, I heartily apologize to all my forum buddies...and especially to HK4U!
    No apologize needed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    No apologize needed.
    The owner of the building should have told the BATFE to go [unprintable]. If they expect us to follow the laws, they [email protected] well better too!

  8. #7

    Documents confirm gun-show promoter given BATFE ultimatum...

    Update - Proof of BATFE & Government & Obama Gun Control & Second Amendment Infringement by his "appointed" Administration...:
    Austin gun show documents confirm promoter given ultimatum

    Austin gun show documents confirm promoter given ultimatum Written by David Codrea Thursday, 11 February 2010 00:00 When we last discussed the Texas Gun Shows situation, attorney Jerri Lynn Ward had been temporarily stalled in her Open Records Request to the Austin Police Department for "any and all documents, notes correspondence, summaries, worksheets, memoranda, and/or assignment sheets e-mails and video or audio recordings," when they instead sent her this notice:
    [T]he department wishes to withhold some of the requested information and has asked for a decision from the Attorney General about whether the information is within an exception to public disclosure.
    That's ostensibly been resolved and they've coughed up some docs. I'll present them here, ask you to take a couple minutes to read through them, and then catch up with you on the other side...
    http://gunowners.org/op02112010dc.htm

    Who are the puppet master of the BATFE?

    Attorney General Eric Holder, Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton...

    Three Committed Gun Banners, Like Their Usurper In Chief, that appointed them...

    WTFU SHEEPLE!

    Take back the Republic!

    Starting with the elimination & or castration of the BATFE...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast