Firearms Freedom Act

Thread: Firearms Freedom Act

Firearms Freedom Act

If this is a repost, my apologies, if not make it a sticky please.

Firearms Freedom Act

This is a bill that has been passed in Montana and Tennessee, is introduced in 16 states and is being introduced into 11 others. Currently this is in committee in Kentucky and I'm posting this to inform my fellow Kentuckians about the need for them to support the passage of this bill to the floor.

Here is a link to the thread on OCDO's Kentucky forum about the bill.

The Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act is here! - Kentucky - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Also here's a copy of the post that matters.

PLEASE SPEND FIVE MINUTES CALLING TO SUPPORT THE KENTUCKY FIREARMS FREEDOM ACT!

The Gun Owners of America fully supports the firearms freedom act. Unfortunately, the NRA sees the conflict with the federal government and rather than appreciating the states rights issue, they see it as something that might be overturned in federal court. It's wrong, but federal courts have a habit of siding with the federal government in these issues. The NRA likes to pick battles that win in court, but this is a battle that we win even if we lose in court.

I've been in contact with some of our usual allies in the Kentucky State Legislature and they seem to care more about what the NRA says and less about what their constituents say.

1) PLEASE CALL 800-372-7181 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE ASKING FOR COSPONSORSHIP OF HB 87. THE OPERATOR WILL ASK WHERE YOU LIVE TO DETERMINE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE.

2) PLEASE CALL 800-372-7181 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR REPRESENTATIVES OWENS, FISCHER, AND WESTON TELLING THEM TO PUSH HB 87 OUT OF COMMITTEE FOR A FLOOR VOTE.

3) PLEASE CALL THE NRA-ILA AT 800-392-8683 AND ASK THEM TO SUPPORT THE FIREARMS FREEDOM ACT.

These calls will take a total of about five minutes. Isn't it worth five lousy minutes to advocate for firearms freedom and have your representatives actually represent you for a change? You'll feel better afterward.

I would suggest that each of you in your respective states look to see if yours is in committee and call your representatives and SUPPORT it. At least one from each state should post, on this thread, the numbers for your fellow statesmen to call and give their support. For those of you that your state hasn't considered it, call your representatives and request that it be sponsored and brought into committee.

Each of you should do what you can to spread the word to your friends and family.

WTFU Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    If this is a repost, my apologies, if not make it a sticky please.

Firearms Freedom Act

This is a bill that has been passed in Montana and Tennessee, is introduced in 16 states and is being introduced into 11 others. Currently this is in committee in Kentucky and I'm posting this to inform my fellow Kentuckians about the need for them to support the passage of this bill to the floor.

Here is a link to the thread on OCDO's Kentucky forum about the bill.

The Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act is here! - Kentucky - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Also here's a copy of the post that matters.

PLEASE SPEND FIVE MINUTES CALLING TO SUPPORT THE KENTUCKY FIREARMS FREEDOM ACT!

The Gun Owners of America fully supports the firearms freedom act. Unfortunately, the NRA sees the conflict with the federal government and rather than appreciating the states rights issue, they see it as something that might be overturned in federal court. It's wrong, but federal courts have a habit of siding with the federal government in these issues. The NRA likes to pick battles that win in court, but this is a battle that we win even if we lose in court.

I've been in contact with some of our usual allies in the Kentucky State Legislature and they seem to care more about what the NRA says and less about what their constituents say.

1) PLEASE CALL 800-372-7181 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE ASKING FOR COSPONSORSHIP OF HB 87. THE OPERATOR WILL ASK WHERE YOU LIVE TO DETERMINE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE.

2) PLEASE CALL 800-372-7181 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR REPRESENTATIVES OWENS, FISCHER, AND WESTON TELLING THEM TO PUSH HB 87 OUT OF COMMITTEE FOR A FLOOR VOTE.

3) PLEASE CALL THE NRA-ILA AT 800-392-8683 AND ASK THEM TO SUPPORT THE FIREARMS FREEDOM ACT.

These calls will take a total of about five minutes. Isn't it worth five lousy minutes to advocate for firearms freedom and have your representatives actually represent you for a change? You'll feel better afterward.

I would suggest that each of you in your respective states look to see if yours is in committee and call your representatives and SUPPORT it. At least one from each state should post, on this thread, the numbers for your fellow statesmen to call and give their support. For those of you that your state hasn't considered it, call your representatives and request that it be sponsored and brought into committee.

Each of you should do what you can to spread the word to your friends and family.
    Kentucky like Montana & Tennessee have & every other one I have looked at so far ALL HAVE EXEMPTIONS that defeat the entire purpose...

E.G.:
    Section 3 of this Act does not apply to:
    (1) Firearm that cannot be carried and used by one (1) person;

(2) A firearm that has a bore diameter greater than one and one-half (1 1/2) inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) A firearm that discharges two (2) or more shots with one (1) activation of the trigger or other firing device.

I for one refuse to support any such act that contains these provisions, which were all copied word for word from the Montana one...

I have already wrote the Author of the Montana FFA and every State that I find that passes or attempts to pass such nonsense; voicing my opposition and why... I suggest all do the same...

Just like the Second Amendment does not state "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"... except...

You simply cannot justify a piece of state legislation that states the Federal Government has no authority over any firearm manufactured in (pick your state) and remains in said state... Except...

To do so gives weight to such unconstitutional things we are still trying to repeal such as the 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 FOPA, NICS, Brady Bills ad nauseum, etc...

Additionally, as worded we are potentially trading Federal Second Amendment Infringement For State Infringement...

Neither the States or the Feds have Constitutional Authority to define or redefine powers & rights such as the Second Amendment which are inherent in the people...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...nitiative.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...pen-watch.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...-criteria.html

Rights you do not use, you lose...

Bill of Rights...
    God Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...

What we need is a restoration of the Unabridged Second Amendment Act, repealing every stinking firearm & weapon & carry law in the Country, everything we need is already in the Constitution...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Kentucky like Montana & Tennessee have & every other one I have looked at so far ALL HAVE EXEMPTIONS that defeat the entire purpose...
    The entire purpose is to reassert the state's sovereignty over the federal government, this is just the start. There are other bills being proposed, such as the Federal Tax Act, to reign the government back in.

E.G.:
    Section 3 of this Act does not apply to:
    (1) Firearm that cannot be carried and used by one (1) person;

(2) A firearm that has a bore diameter greater than one and one-half (1 1/2) inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) A firearm that discharges two (2) or more shots with one (1) activation of the trigger or other firing device.

I for one refuse to support any such act that contains these provisions, which were all copied word for word from the Montana one...

I have already wrote the Author of the Montana FFA and every State that I find that passes or attempts to pass such nonsense; voicing my opposition and why... I suggest all do the same...

Just like the Second Amendment does not state "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"... except...

You simply cannot justify a piece of state legislation that states the Federal Government has no authority over any firearm manufactured in (pick your state) and remains in said state... Except...
    Actually one can, you can't expect sweeping legislation to nullify every single firearm restriction in one fell swoop, it would never make it through a vote. It has to be done in small increments and that's a pretty good sized chunk of it to start with.

To do so gives weight to such unconstitutional things we are still trying to repeal such as the 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 FOPA, NICS, Brady Bills ad nauseum, etc...
    Aren't all of those FEDERAL restrictions? How does it give weight to them? Wouldn't it have the opposite effect?

Additionally, as worded we are potentially trading Federal Second Amendment Infringement For State Infringement...
    Which is far better because it's on a STATE level. I don't know about you, but I have FAR more influence on my state than the federal government. It's easier to have an influence on decisions at the state level for you, me and everyone else.

Neither the States or the Feds have Constitutional Authority to define or redefine powers & rights such as the Second Amendment which are inherent in the people...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...nitiative.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...pen-watch.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...-criteria.html

Rights you do not use, you lose...

Bill of Rights...
    God Given...
    Non-Negotiable...

Without our Liberties, we have NOTHING...

What we need is a restoration of the Unabridged Second Amendment Act, repealing every stinking firearm & weapon & carry law in the Country, everything we need is already in the Constitution...
    I don't disagree with you on any of the above points. There is a bigger picture here Bohemian, that your not seeing. If a state has asserted there sovereignty and then the federal government says, "Hey, we want all your guns, all guns are now illegal." The state is empowered to say NO. Yes I know they are empowered to begin with by constitutional provision, all that is being done here is a line is being drawn in the sand, the bill is intended to remind the federal government of their true position in this country's hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    The entire purpose is to reassert the state's sovereignty over the federal government, this is just the start. There are other bills being proposed, such as the Federal Tax Act, to reign the government back in.

Actually one can, you can't expect sweeping legislation to nullify every single firearm restriction in one fell swoop, it would never make it through a vote. It has to be done in small increments and that's a pretty good sized chunk of it to start with.

Aren't all of those FEDERAL restrictions? How does it give weight to them? Wouldn't it have the opposite effect?

Which is far better because it's on a STATE level. I don't know about you, but I have FAR more influence on my state than the federal government. It's easier to have an influence on decisions at the state level for you, me and everyone else.

I don't disagree with you on any of the above points. There is a bigger picture here Bohemian, that your not seeing. If a state has asserted there sovereignty and then the federal government says, "Hey, we want all your guns, all guns are now illegal." The state is empowered to say NO. Yes I know they are empowered to begin with by constitutional provision, all that is being done here is a line is being drawn in the sand, the bill is intended to remind the federal government of their true position in this country's hierarchy.
    NO SALE

State Sovereignty Has NOTHING to do with the Firearms Freedoms Acts...
    As they are written currently...

Texas is currently the only state that can get away with State Sovereignty & Secession because they have it in writing; the 14th Amendment Screws every other state from having State Sovereignty recognized by the Fed; unless the 14th Amendment & the Constitution is ratified...

So-Called Conservative President Abraham Lincoln trampled the Constitution and literally at Gun Point forced the States that exercised their Constitutional Right to Secession to rejoin the Union and give up their right to Sovereignty; Texas was the only one whom retained that right...

Again, the Supreme Court has ruled over & over again, if a particular piece of legislation does not explicitly prevent a particular action it is allowed...

New York & California and Illinois for example have various weapons & firearms bans over and above those at the Federal Level...
    These are just some of the many examples that WE THE PEOPLE cannot trust the States any more than the fed when it comes to Second Amendment & other Constitutional Infringements and Usurpation's of Powers they don't have anyway...

The so-called D.C. v Heller victory was far from it; two years latter and D.C. is still ignoring the Supreme Court Decision by throwing up every possible obstacle they possibly can...

Further, just suppose the Fed actually does recognize these Firearms Freedoms Acts; that explicitly concede from the get go that the Fed CAN INFRINGE on some Firearms & Weapons rights, in other words allow Infringement of inherit, unalienable rights & power of the people that does not belong to the State or the Fed; then the FFA geniuses say NOW we want to strike what WE conceded from the beginning...
    ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...
    They will be laughed out of any court they might be able to get in front of...
    Not withstanding this is moot anyway because the BATFE has already categorically rejected the FFA's from every state that passed them so far...
    They are not worth the paper they are written on...

My point is IF we are going to do these Firearms Freedoms Acts at all we need to do them right from the get go; "State Sovereignty" has to be forced to be recognized by the Fed by ratification of the 14th Amendment and the Constitution; Additionally, if & when we get that through and move on to the reason for the FFA's; we do not start off with a concession that the Federal Government CAN infringe on some firearms & weapons rights...

It totally defeats the stated intended purpose...

Further, by these FFA's The States are trying to Usurp Control over Powers & Rights Inherit in WE THE PEOPLE...

I for one want it returned to WE THE PEOPLE, not transferred from one Usurper to another...

IF we continue to try to take back our lost rights a tiny bit at a time; our great-grandchildren will not live long enough to see repeal of such heinous infringements as the 1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 FOPA, NICS Acts, Brady Bills ad nauseum, etc...

We need BOLD CLEAR CHANGE, instead of a FFA, giving up & or transferring rights & power we need a Unabridged Second Amendment Restoration Act; or better yet a Unabridged Constitution Restoration Act and go back to the first 10 Amendments; as they already cover everything anyway...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke