...And Repeat After Me! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ...And Repeat After Me!

1. why!? lol I'm not saying anything, other than if he wants to leave god out that's his choice, and I may have the same opinion.

That is all

If you elect to leave God out of that oath, that is up to you, however for me I know of nothing else that gives my words as much honesty and commitment than promising before God.
    I hear people daily, nightly, almost hourly "I swear to god man, it aint mine" (in reference to drugs). "I swear to god I didn't do anything to her) in reference to domestic violence. "I swear to god this is mine" (in reference to theft)

Swearing to god does nothing. People lie. All the time, even to God.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Leave God out if you want to. That is your decision and you have the right to do it however I will say that God has everything to do with it. Read your Declaration of Independence again.

but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15(B)
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    And here is an example of someone undoing a good thing.
    Thanks Festus for your post.
    Pyros: not so much
    No need to continue this, so I'll keep it short.

Here is another example of why religion is stupid.

This post was about an oath, I agree with the oath, and took it myself when I entered the military in 1982. I merely stated that I would leave out the god part. As I pointed out, and "ClearSightTactical" pointed out, swearing on the bible has nothing to do with keeping an oath or telling the truth.

I do not believe in god, and I don't think it's healthy for people to believe in an invisible being that can supposedly do magic but never does. No, you can't use the bible as proof considering when it was actually written, and who put it together. And for the religious among you, perhaps you should actually read the book you swear on. You might discover that if god did exist, he is an evil, petty, rediculous being who obviously likes violence, thinks women are property, and that it's ok to own slaves.

So, argue all you want, and blame me for ruining this thread. I'm done. Peace......
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

Guess he doesn't understand "duality of the mind"

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    When I mention the Constitution here and our "Inalienable Rights" I always tell you atheists to just go with it, it will serve you well.

God (Creator) has everything to do with the Constitution no matter what you believe.
    Our Founding Fathers decided to point out our "Inalienable Rights" come from the "Creator" (he/ she it - God whatever you believe) The point is that we have pre existing rights. They do not come from man or the Government and as such have been enumerated in the Constitution so that the Government shall not infringe them.
    My "inalienable rights come from "The Creator!: Where do yours come from Pyros9? Nancy Pelosi?
    Sorry to be so sarcastic. The Constitution provides so that you are able to follow your faith. (In this case Atheism) No prob with that. I just prefer that my rights come from the Creator then some schlum that can just as easily rescind the right he has given us lucky ones.
    Many say that the 2a was there for a different time, from long ago and as such is not necessary. I fine it interesting that the right of Freedom from Religion, from another time long ago still protest those Religions that weren't prevalent or even in existence back then >> Islam, Muslim, Christian Scientist, Mormon...etc.
    Pretty nice document written by some pretty smart guys. Mostly of faith with even a few Atheists thrown in!
    +1 - Well said..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I have no problem with anyone who is not of the Christian faith, I personally feel bad for you, however you have the free will to chose.

I do not believe in god, and I don't think it's healthy for people to believe in an invisible being that can supposedly do magic but never does. No, you can't use the bible as proof considering when it was actually written, and who put it together. And for the religious among you, perhaps you should actually read the book you swear on. You might discover that if god did exist, he is an evil, petty, rediculous being who obviously likes violence, thinks women are property, and that it's ok to own slaves.
    However I find THIS offensive. I don't publicly post what a moron you are for thinking the universe just popped into existance, and I don't post how stupid it is that an atheist has condemned his/her soul to hell. I don't think I need to be told my faith is unhealthy, nor do I need to be told to read the Bible from some one who clearly hasn't done so himself.

As far as proof... I see it in my life everyday. However trying to show a close minded person the truth is impossible - don't believe me? Try talking an anti gunner into changing their mind!

Leave God out of your oath, that is your right. I will leave God in my oath as is my right. To ME a promise to God holds more weight than an empty promise to man.

I think the conversation should stop there.
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

8. Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    I'm not removing god, I'm just saying god has nothing to do with it. Not mentioned in the Constitution, and swearing on the bible certainly does not guarantee that you will keep your promise. As for trusting in god, I believe I'll trust in my family and my guns instead.

The United States Constitution
    The Founding Fathers clearly mentioned the "Creator" in our founding documents.

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    No need to continue this, so I'll keep it short.

Here is another example of why religion is stupid.

This post was about an oath, I agree with the oath, and took it myself when I entered the military in 1982. I merely stated that I would leave out the god part. As I pointed out, and "ClearSightTactical" pointed out, swearing on the bible has nothing to do with keeping an oath or telling the truth.

So, argue all you want, and blame me for ruining this thread. I'm done. Peace......

The Bible says, "The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God""

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

You can't fix stupid.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by CaptAmerica View Post
    I have no problem with anyone who is not of the Christian faith, I personally feel bad for you, however you have the free will to chose.

However I find THIS offensive. I don't publicly post what a moron you are for thinking the universe just popped into existance, and I don't post how stupid it is that an atheist has condemned his/her soul to hell. I don't think I need to be told my faith is unhealthy, nor do I need to be told to read the Bible from some one who clearly hasn't done so himself.

As far as proof... I see it in my life everyday. However trying to show a close minded person the truth is impossible - don't believe me? Try talking an anti gunner into changing their mind!

Leave God out of your oath, that is your right. I will leave God in my oath as is my right. To ME a promise to God holds more weight than an empty promise to man.

I think the conversation should stop there.

Well penned, CaptAmerica. +1 x infinity ... and we do know who's Infinite, don't we?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast