...And Repeat After Me! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: ...And Repeat After Me!

  1. Quote Originally Posted by CaptAmerica View Post
    I have no problem with anyone who is not of the Christian faith, I personally feel bad for you, however you have the free will to chose.
    Don't need your pity. I don't know why you'd feel bad for us, we live our lives the way we want without fear of any God. I'm not saying that I am a bad person or a criminal, but I don't feel the need to go to church, pray, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptAmerica View Post
    However I find THIS offensive. I don't publicly post what a moron you are for thinking the universe just popped into existance, and I don't post how stupid it is that an atheist has condemned his/her soul to hell. I don't think I need to be told my faith is unhealthy, nor do I need to be told to read the Bible from some one who clearly hasn't done so himself.
    You just said you pity the non-believers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptAmerica View Post
    As far as proof... I see it in my life everyday. However trying to show a close minded person the truth is impossible - don't believe me? Try talking an anti gunner into changing their mind!
    We must live in different worlds, on a daily basis I see the absence of any God. Every day I talk to victims, and IMO there is no God.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptAmerica View Post
    Leave God out of your oath, that is your right. I will leave God in my oath as is my right. To ME a promise to God holds more weight than an empty promise to man.
    Discussed prior: People lie, all the time.
    [/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    The Bible says, "The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God""

    tfo
    The instruction manual to my flashlight says to use ONLY AUTHENTIC STREAMLIGHT REPLACEMENT BULBS. I've used others at 1/4 the cost. Do you expect the bible to say something kind of non-believers?

    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    lol
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

  2.   
  3. #22
    I would personally like to apologize to festus for allowing myself to be baited into an argument with another God/Christian hater. There is always going to be someone that will object every time he sees or hears the mere mention of God. I am just going to have to learn to ignore them. Again sorry festus. It is a good post and something we all need to be resolved to.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    No need to continue this, so I'll keep it short.

    Here is another example of why religion is stupid.

    This post was about an oath, I agree with the oath, and took it myself when I entered the military in 1982. I merely stated that I would leave out the god part. As I pointed out, and "ClearSightTactical" pointed out, swearing on the bible has nothing to do with keeping an oath or telling the truth.

    I do not believe in god, and I don't think it's healthy for people to believe in an invisible being that can supposedly do magic but never does. No, you can't use the bible as proof considering when it was actually written, and who put it together. And for the religious among you, perhaps you should actually read the book you swear on. You might discover that if god did exist, he is an evil, petty, rediculous being who obviously likes violence, thinks women are property, and that it's ok to own slaves.

    So, argue all you want, and blame me for ruining this thread. I'm done. Peace......
    And yeah...you did ruin the thread. You don't like the "God" part of the oath? Fine. Keep it to yourself if it has no meaning for you. Why even bring it up and start this line of discussion?

    If you want to have a discussion of atheism/Christianity, start a new thread. And BTW, TRY TO AVOID insulting the lliving sh#t out of believers, ok? Lest you think all Christians are "turn the other cheek" types, think again. Try levying these insults up front and personal in front of some Christian friends I have and you would find yourself defending your position from your back.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Just a thought. So there is no God/creator. (I'll go with "creator" just in case were were designed by space aliens and given animation by them) Guess that must be the case since no one can prove it in the traditional sense of "proof".
    Wait... has anyone actually proven that there is no God/Creator?
    Seems to me that either belief is just that and requires some faith, which sure is a good basis for a "religion". Which requires "Faith".
    So we have believers in both camps. Some believe there is no God and some believe there is. Some have faith in Al Gore and global warming, a belief that has the same lack of proof! Religions all and protected by the Constitution.
    Just having a very tough time believing our existence is just an accident. I must be stupid because I am open minded enough to still be looking for proof of Darwin's "theory" of evolution! Hope whatever brains I have don't fall out. Not to be confused with selective breeding or evolution within a species.
    Just thought I'd warm things up a bit.

  6. #25
    Hey, Festus, that was a great suggestion: I'm aligned with a small group of Patriots here, including some LEO, and we're gonna have a small ceremony and (re)take the Oath. Great idea, brother!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation at least you "GET IT"

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Hey, Festus, that was a great suggestion: I'm aligned with a small group of Patriots here, including some LEO, and we're gonna have a small ceremony and (re)take the Oath. Great idea, brother!
    JJFlash...KUDOS!!! You get it! The others yeah maybe but you get it! Have the ceremony and start a movement. That was the intent.

    PS If your are living like there is no God...I hope for your sake that you are right. Me personally I ain't risking eternal Damnation/Darkness/Hell/Torment

    I hope to be in a much better place when the time comes...My choice...not yours! You each make your own choices. I have made mine.

    So Help Me GOD!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Why even bring it up and start this line of discussion?
    Did we forget about the first amendment?

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    If you want to have a discussion of atheism/Christianity, start a new thread.
    LOL, We've seen the effects of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    And BTW, TRY TO AVOID insulting the lliving sh#t out of believers, ok?
    I try not to...

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Lest you think all Christians are "turn the other cheek" types, think again.
    Isn't that the way its supposed to be, don't go old testament on us!

    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Try levying these insults up front and personal in front of some Christian friends I have and you would find yourself defending your position from your back.
    So they'd go violent because I verbally insulted their religion? What if I told some comical, yet insulting 'YO MOMMA' jokes?



    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Just a thought. So there is no God/creator. (I'll go with "creator" just in case were were designed by space aliens and given animation by them) Guess that must be the case since no one can prove it in the traditional sense of "proof".
    Can you prove there is a God? No..Can I prove there isn't? In a traditional sense of hear, feel, touch, taste, or see, yes I can.


    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Wait... has anyone actually proven that there is no God/Creator?
    It the burden of the state to prove that a person committed a crime, it is the burden of the believer to prove there is a god.


    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Seems to me that either belief is just that and requires some faith, which sure is a good basis for a "religion". Which requires "Faith".
    No, religion is based on FAITH, evolution is based on science.


    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    So we have believers in both camps. Some believe there is no God and some believe there is.
    You may beleive in God, I know there isn't one.


    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Some have faith in Al Gore and global warming, a belief that has the same lack of proof!
    And people on this forum continually call the global warming crowd morons.


    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Just having a very tough time believing our existence is just an accident.
    I have a very hard time believing that a big invisible man sits in the sky, and can watch every thing i do every second of every day.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Did we forget about the first amendment?

    Nope. discretion being the better part of valor and all that...

    LOL, We've seen the effects of that.

    Exactly, so why beat a dead horse?

    I try not to...

    I know you don't. We've managed to have civil discussions w/o the insults. Much appreciated.

    Isn't that the way its supposed to be, don't go old testament on us!

    I kinda model myself after King David (Old Test) and Peter (New Test). Neither one brooked a lot of nonsense from people. And the Old Testament is part of the whole..

    So they'd go violent because I verbally insulted their religion? What if I told some comical, yet insulting 'YO MOMMA' jokes?

    Yeah, I guess they would. Fair warning. I don't know about "Yo Mama" jokes. Would you tell them to some black gangster you didn't know?



    Can you prove there is a God? No..Can I prove there isn't? In a traditional sense of hear, feel, touch, taste, or see, yes I can.

    It's a matter of faith. You wouldn't understand as your mind is closed to the idea.

    It the burden of the state to prove that a person committed a crime, it is the burden of the believer to prove there is a god.

    We really don't need to prove anything to anybody.


    No, religion is based on FAITH, evolution is based on science.

    Lots of problems with evolutionary THEORY.

    You may beleive in God, I know there isn't one.

    You couldn't possibly know that for certain.


    And people on this forum continually call the global warming crowd morons.

    I don't know that I've ever said that. It's possible, I will admit. I'm not perfect...just forgiven.


    I have a very hard time believing that a big invisible man sits in the sky, and can watch every thing i do every second of every day.

    That's a fairly infantile concept.
    Peace back atcha...

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    ClearSight ...don't want to argue with you. I am not religious. I think your response fits very well but only insofar as your concept of what/who God/Creator actually is. Your faith in Global warming as well as your idea that you can prove evolution is very interesting. If you can prove it you are in line for a Nobel Prize!
    Well this strains my small brain and done here. Someone did point out that this discussion is like trying to convince anti-gun people of the need for the Second Amendment.

    Not referring to you ClearSight. You are on this sight so you do have redeeming qualities
    Heard it said..... Don't argue with idiots! Onlookers might get confused!
    Again I do not mean you..really! I just like that saying.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    ClearSight ...don't want to argue with you. I am not religious. I think your response fits very well but only insofar as your concept of what/who God/Creator actually is. Your faith in Global warming as well as your idea that you can prove evolution is very interesting. If you can prove it you are in line for a Nobel Prize!
    Well this strains my small brain and done here. Someone did point out that this discussion is like trying to convince anti-gun people of the need for the Second Amendment.

    Not referring to you ClearSight. You are on this sight so you do have redeeming qualities
    Heard it said..... Don't argue with idiots! Onlookers might get confused!
    Again I do not mean you..really! I just like that saying.
    lol we're all just going to have to agree to disagree....I didn't say I could PROVE evolution, just its based on science, not faith.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast