...And Repeat After Me!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...And Repeat After Me!

Exclamation ...And Repeat After Me!

The Oath to Defend the U.S. Constitution…. Steady Habits
    Please place your left hand on the bible...Raise your right hand...
    AND REPEAT AFTER ME!

I (name) do solemnly swear, or affirm, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; pledging my life, my fortune and my sacred honor, so help me God.

Congratulations you are now an Oath Keeper.

http://steadyhabits.files.wordpress....th-0003341.mp3

Right now we need every red blooded American Who loves Freedom and the Flag to declare where they stand in the coming days. Have a simple ceremony with friends and family. Let God be present and Let Him preside over our Nation and it's Keepers.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Sounds good to me, but I think I'll leave the god/bible part out. He/she (if he/she existed) has nothing to do with the United States Constitution.

Hmmm...I disagree. Now if the OP says "so help me Jesus" I will agree with you, but removing God? Oooopppsss!!! Naahh I want to keep the word God because IN GOD I TRUST.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I'm not removing god, I'm just saying god has nothing to do with it. Not mentioned in the Constitution, and swearing on the bible certainly does not guarantee that you will keep your promise. As for trusting in god, I believe I'll trust in my family and my guns instead.

The United States Constitution

And here is an example of someone undoing a good thing.

Thanks Festus for your post.

Pyros: not so much
    -Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    Sounds good to me, but I think I'll leave the god/bible part out. He/she (if he/she existed) has nothing to do with the United States Constitution.
    Oh, brother...here we go yet again. But, wait, he is correct: the Founders never did mention God, the Creator, divine inspiration, or the need for God in order for the experiment to work...NOT!

Thanks, Festus!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros9 View Post
    When I mention the Constitution here and our "Inalienable Rights" I always tell you atheists to just go with it, it will serve you well.

God (Creatoer) has everything to do with the Constitution no matter what you believe.
    Our Founding Fathers decided to point out our "Inalienable Rights" come from the "Creator" (he/ she it - God whatever you believe) The point is that we have pre existing rights. They do not come from man or the Government and as such have been enumerated in the Constitution so that the Government shall not infringe them.
    My "inalienable rights come from "The Creator!: Where do yours come from Pyros9? Nancy Pelosi?
    Sorry to be so sarcastic. The Constitution provides so that you are able to follow your faith. (In this case Atheism) No prob with that. I just prefer that my rights come from the Creator then some schlum that can just as easily rescind the right he has given us lucky ones.
    Many say that the 2a was there for a different time, from long ago and as such is not necessary. I fine it interesting that the right of Freedom from Religion, from another time long ago still protestc those Religions that weren't prevalent or even in existence back then >> Islam, Moslem, Christian Scientist, Morman...etc.
    Pretty nice document written by some pretty smart guys. Mostly of faith with even a few Atheists thrown in!

I love oath! Great post.

As for God... Believe as you will and we will find out who is right and wrong one day. But the Constitution WAS based on a faith that there is a creator.

If you elect to leave God out of that oath, that is up to you, however for me I know of nothing else that gives my words as much honesty and commitment than promising before God.
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

If you elect to leave God out of that oath, that is up to you, however for me I know of nothing else that gives my words as much honesty and commitment than promising before God.

I would expect nothing less from CaptAmerica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post

I would expect nothing less from CaptAmerica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    LOL, Thanks CapGun
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast