How far are we willing to go? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How far would you be willing to go?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use my voice and my vote, never violence

8 10.00%
  • I would shoot back if I had to, but I pray I wont need to

37 46.25%
  • If they try to take my guns or my freedom I have no problem shooting

19 23.75%
  • I know it's coming so I am stocking up on ammo and training for the day they try to take my guns!!

16 20.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How far are we willing to go?

1. This very topic was a point of discussion between my wife and I this week.
    My initial thought is that in order to possibly prevent the slaughter of American citizenry by whatever faction of force, that we(being like minded individuals), should preface a plan to unite. This should be a quick assembly of persons within say 30 minutes of each other at a predisignated site. I will not voice here that a civil malitia needs to be formed, but a likeness for order and reduction of kaos.
    I am currently searching for internet links and word of mouth information on just such an"organization".
    Most gun forum members are associated with the NRA,GOA, or another politically active group. I visualize the assembly of persons to be nonaggressively defiant;banded together with the resolve to keep the peace but not be sheep.
    I shudder thinking that I'm being paranoid until I review the videos of Katrina. Atleast now we have a military movement towards 2nd admendment rights and the intended refusal to disarm the public. I read many posts from LEOs with the same mindset. What we need is more congressional support.
    I know this is already long, but I sense I am not the only one feeling this way.

I agree that the LEO that comes to my door is just "doing his job". If he's not part of the solution then he's part of the
    problem! If he goes along with such an order, then he's on the wrong side and most likely he would also be back to kick in
    your door and do more of the government's bidding. So, that's the line in the sand for me. If it's my life that's taken and
    it happens to be the spark to set things in motion, then so be it; I've done my patriotic duty once again but for the last time.
    I too hope that all of this is hypothetical, but real actions are borne of "hypothetical" solutions thought out and/or practiced
    before an action is required. That's why policemen and military train, train and train some more. Often they are training for
    hypothetical operations but with real world solutions if things go bad. We should do no less.

I doubt anyone would actually come knocking on your door. That wouldn't be too smart seeing how some of us Americans feel about out guns. My guess is they will ban private ownership of firearms and then give us an amnesty period of a few months to turn em in. Maybe you'll get a letter from the BATF sayin "We know you got this gun and this gun and...." since they have all your serial numbers and purchasers info, telling you to give em up!. After that anyone caught with one would probably suffer a harsh penalty like imprisonment.

Sure, you can say you sold them to Bubba Brown, but what happens when the perp kicks in your door and you put a .45 slug in him. Now you're a crook because you are in possession of that (now illegal) gun you claimed you sold.

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

There are many steps that will be taken before confiscation
    - Increasing CC permit difficulty until very few places exist where you can CCW legally
    - There have been efforts to impose an excise tax on both weapons and ammo of as much as 500%, though so far these have all failed to come to the house or senate floor
    - HR Bill 45, though it was buried in committee, would have created a licensing and registration data base on ammo purchased. If you purchase ammo for a given gun, one could assume you own that gun. This would make registration much more enforceable. It also attempted to place a $50 / year possession tax on your firearms - each, to be included on your federal tax forms
    - the United Nations has a stated goal of banning all firearms from civilian populations in all developed countries.
    - President Obama stated quite clearly in his Senate race in IL, that he could see no reason a citizen should need, or be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and he would be in favor of a federal ban on CCW, over riding Sates rights.
    - the many organizations in both this country and many others in the developed world, are heavily financed. We do not know exactly where all the money is coming from but there seems no end to it.
    - the Left wing of the Democratic party, and many even thought to be “Cenrterists” are in favor of banning hand guns in the hands of private citizens all together. If you cannot justify hunting with the gun, in their mind no good can come of it, and you have no reason to need it or own it. If you doubt this agenda, just surf the web for anti-gun groups. You will be amazed at what you find. Read their sites, if anything I am understating their goals.

My real point is this; we are in more danger of being made criminals for non-compliance with these increasingly illegal (as far as constitutional law is concerned ) so called laws , than we are of outright confiscation. I believe the choices will be more subtle; do I pay a tax on my weapons and list all of them for the local police and feds to keep in a data base? Am I willing to stop carrying when my State makes it impossible to do so legally? What if the Feds try to override Sates rights in this issue? If there is a national disaster such as Katrina in my area, will I give up my weapons to the police, just because they ask for them? What about a terrorist threat, or attack, riots such as we’ve seen in LA?
    Civil disobedience has had a long history in our country, as well as cost for those who make that choice. One must always weight the cost, pick our battles and use our own conscience and judgment. No one else can advise you on these issues.

I would however, encourage everyone to vote for those who wil protect our democracy and rights as citizens, confront every attempt to curtail our rights , not just the 2nd amendment, but all our rights. We once had a Democracy that was the envy of the world, and we can have it again if we will work for it. Stay strong.

I would however, encourage everyone to vote for those who wil protect our democracy and rights as citizens, confront every attempt to curtail our rights , not just the 2nd amendment, but all our rights. We once had a Democracy that was the envy of the world, and we can have it again if we will work for it. Stay strong.
    Well Said!!

It seems unlikely the cops will come to our door looking for guns (they might... Katrina), what about at a regular traffic stop. You KNOW you are within your rights, but the LEO says you must hand over your firearm? Is this a line not to be crossed? Do you resist, or do you give in so you can fight the battle another time?

As AlaskaMike said; what if the feds make hand guns illegal? Would you keep yours? still wear it? and if so would you fight to keep it if you were caught?

I know this is a LOT of what if's, however this has been on my mind a lot since reading that someone was willing to forcibly resist arrest, it has me think how far would we really go?

My initial thought is that in order to possibly prevent the slaughter of American citizenry by whatever faction of force, that we(being like minded individuals), should preface a plan to unite. This should be a quick assembly of persons within say 30 minutes of each other at a predisignated site. I will not voice here that a civil malitia needs to be formed, but a likeness for order and reduction of kaos.
    I am currently searching for internet links and word of mouth information on just such an"organization".
    I think there is always safety and strength in numbers, this sounds like the smartest idea. I'd like to know what you learn about this.
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

Look to Oath Keepers as the "lead organization" if it comes to that. That is what I'll be doing and I know others of the same mind. FWIW.

i'll through in my .2cents, i'm alone just me and my dog, if they show up and demand my guns #1 they are trators to the constitution! our founding fathers faced the same question, and the british confiscated guns and then wouldn't let them leave to a non-combat zone. i'll never give up my guns without a fight!

I am an Australian...when they took our guns away, there were only a few that were able to keep their guns. I know of only a few of them...It was the saddest day in our history. When I came to this country, I knew nothing about guns. I was brought up in an environment where only the police have guns...and of course, the criminals...only a few were allowed to have them, e.g., sports people involved in sharpshooting competitions, farmers, to name a very limited few.

Long story short, I now am a handgun nut. I am enjoying the privilege I did not have when I was living with my birth family. A whole new world, a whole new freedom. Now after a few years, we hear this news of our guns being taken away from us??? Where will our freedom to be a human being go from here? Will another sad day happen again in my lifetime???
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I've voiced my opinion on where I stand on various forums and threads. Don't care who knows: you gotta fight when it's time to fight. Having said that, let us not overlook the fact that, while our 2A rights are under constant attack, they have "improved" in recent years and continue to do so. As evidence, I point to the number of "shall issue" states. And how reciprocity is improving across states.

I KNOW, I KNOW that CCW permits are unconstitutional. However, you cannot deny that our ability to carry firearms, with minimal hassle, has shown marked improvement over the last couple decades. We are a far cry from "shall not be infringed" but the overall "gun climate" has improved. We're not gonna get back to "uninfringed" in one fell swoop but we've at least been moving in the right direction (I think!).

Just sayin'.

Captain..... I took you off ignore to see what this thread was about......Are you ready for my thoughts? lol

Here goes, simple and short......

What OUTTAHERE posted pretty much sums up my stance on this.....

OUTTAHERE, Sorry if this damages your reputation, lol

JJ has some very good points in his last post too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast