How far are we willing to go? - Page 3

View Poll Results: How far would you be willing to go?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use my voice and my vote, never violence

8 10.00%
  • I would shoot back if I had to, but I pray I wont need to

37 46.25%
  • If they try to take my guns or my freedom I have no problem shooting

19 23.75%
  • I know it's coming so I am stocking up on ammo and training for the day they try to take my guns!!

16 20.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How far are we willing to go?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Alaskamike View Post
    There are many steps that will be taken before confiscation

[snip]

Civil disobedience has had a long history in our country, as well as cost for those who make that choice. One must always weight the cost, pick our battles and use our own conscience and judgment. No one else can advise you on these issues.

I would however, encourage everyone to vote for those who wil protect our democracy and rights as citizens, confront every attempt to curtail our rights , not just the 2nd amendment, but all our rights. We once had a Democracy that was the envy of the world, and we can have it again if we will work for it. Stay strong.
    I agree with Alasksmike, plus, I always have plans B, C and D.

3. this is a tough one..but the way I see it is if we do stand up and die , we will be labeled nuts/exstemists or whatever...unless enough are willing to stand up! then the sheep realize the guy he knew down the street all his life died for the right to keep his guns was not a nut!..If they come to take the guns..probably they will have figured out that ppl will have stashed/cached them and give you a choice of getting the guns to them or do 5 yrs in jail or a huge finacial penalty or both..I dont think the I sold them to John Smith is going to work..especially if it did work once and it made the news and then 30 million more sold their guns to John Smith...so u cache them and do the 5 yrs or 20k fine..ok what to do after that..you know if you ever dug them up you wouldnt dare shoot them or you will end up back in the slam again for maybe longer..so the guns for all practicality are useless u plan to use them in a govermental revolt in the future..thing to do in my mind is vote them out first..democrats are in heavy favor of gun control/not so much for the republicans according to Rasmussen poll of 09..we need to stage massive and I mean massive protests against gun control while before they slide that arms agreement with the UN in or declare a national Martial Law..write up petitions and go door to door..hire lawyers/lobbyist to represent us like the special interests do..people, time is awasting..lets be preemptive on this one! or study up on your guerrilla/ambush tactics and being a fugitive from the law

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    I agree that the LEO that comes to my door is just "doing his job". If he's not part of the solution then he's part of the
    problem! If he goes along with such an order, then he's on the wrong side and most likely he would also be back to kick in
    your door and do more of the government's bidding. So, that's the line in the sand for me. If it's my life that's taken and
    it happens to be the spark to set things in motion, then so be it; I've done my patriotic duty once again but for the last time.
    I too hope that all of this is hypothetical, but real actions are borne of "hypothetical" solutions thought out and/or practiced
    before an action is required. That's why policemen and military train, train and train some more. Often they are training for
    hypothetical operations but with real world solutions if things go bad. We should do no less.
    well said. if he doesnt turn in his badge when he is given this order to disarm civilians then he is the enemy. and i would do what our founding fathers would have done in a similar scenario. die i may, but im not going to let the blood that was shed in so many wars be for nothing.

and for those that want to use politics to try and solve a solution, then so be it. bear in mind that its politics that got us in this **** mess to begin with. it was with violence that we won our independence in the first place. it was violence that won the black americans finally got their rightful freedom and it will be violence that will ultimatley let the government know that we had enough of thier *****. as time has shown, politics doesnt solve anything, it usually makes it worse.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    well said. if he doesnt turn in his badge when he is given this order to disarm civilians then he is the enemy. and i would do what our founding fathers would have done in a similar scenario. die i may, but im not going to let the blood that was shed in so many wars be for nothing.

and for those that want to use politics to try and solve a solution, then so be it. bear in mind that its politics that got us in this **** mess to begin with. it was with violence that we won our independence in the first place. it was violence that won the black americans finally got their rightful freedom and it will be violence that will ultimatley let the government know that we had enough of thier *****. as time has shown, politics doesnt solve anything, it usually makes it worse.
    So, you are not willing to participate in political solutions. You prefer just waiting until violence is necessary.

Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptAmerica View Post
    That's just it...
    Where is that line in the sand that we will not tolerate being infringed upon? The LEO's who are just following orders? The National Guardsmen who is just 18 years old?
    At what point are we no better than the bad guys, and at what point do we have no other choice but to fight for our rights? It becomes a paradox of sorts.

Because we ARE NOT the bad guys, it COULD be just as simple to disarm us as it was the Britt's. How many of us are friends with LEO's?

It makes you stop and think....
    I have many friends in law enforcement. I spoke to one of my friends tonight who was a long time police officer here in MA. He got sick of the cold and the taxes and the rules. He lives in FL now and is on the force there.

If he came to my door and said "I'm being told to take your firearms". Am I going to stand back and shoot him? Well...No. But I'm not gonna just hand them over... I get’s fuzzy here...

We have the power to prevent this from happening by getting more people into the shooting sports and educating citizens who will have a respect for gun owners by being good ambassadors.
    I had a conversation Wed of this week about that very subject. Not all people will embrace guns, but getting them to respect the rights of citizens who choose to own them is the goal. The final reply from the other party was "Well I'm not inclined to go out and buy one, but I'm not gonna prevent other people from doing that". May not get them all to agree, but try and try again.

Vote on the issues and vote out the government officials who choose to support laws and programs that infringe upon the rights of gun owners. Look at what happened here in MA. Scott Brown openly supports the 2nd amendment and is backed by the NRA. He replaced a senator who was as anti-gun as could be. And with all due respect I can see why. No one politician I know of had a better reason to fear guns than Teddy K. Just shows you that perhaps the peaceful revolution will be the way to make changes. I'm all for peace.

Peace. Feedback always welcome...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by RussP View Post
    So, you are not willing to participate in political solutions. You prefer just waiting until violence is necessary.

Ok...
    voting done nothing for me or any of the men i was on deployment with. and if voting was the way to do any election, then why did my absentee ballad and all the others who were on deployment somehow find a way to not count for the past presidential election. not a single one was counted. i guess the military personell vote doesnt count. thats bs. and i dont know of any honest politicians that run for any position. they are all crooks and liars. so seek your resolutions politically. in the mean time they will continue to chizel away at what small amount of freedoms we do still have, until this nation is disarmed in one way or another. bear in mind these laws and policies are never aimed at the criminals, but the general law abiding public. and it is us that they target. but in the end like all political resolutions, we end up with the shortest straw and the government wins, and nobody does nothing about it. im my opinion, violence is already an option that should not be ruled out, but a last resort.

He who lives upon hope, will die fasting. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is to protect themselves from tyranny in government.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Armed vigilance is the key, IMHO. I don't mind gaming the system for awhile yet but I also don't mind that the "ruling aristocracy" knows that we're armed to the teeth, trained, and ready.

I've posted this before and it merits saying again: We have made good inroads over the past couple decades as far as 2A rights are concerned as evidenced by the "shall issue" laws and increased reciprocity across state lines. I KNOW that CCW permits are un-Constitutional and we are very far from "shall not infringe". However, the "gun climate" has gotten better. There is also a "state sovereignty" movement afoot. These factors should not be overlooked.

It looks also like we might be able to clean house a little in November. We'll see.

So, we have sufficient reason, at this time, to continue utilizing the political system to further OUR agenda: a truly Consitutional Republic while at the same time preparing for the worst. I will admit that I have pretty minimal confidence in the politicians and sheep who inhabit this land, but I'm willing to wait and see a little longer yet.

Violence should always be the last resort.

and nothing for nothing, i really dont think that the federal government is ready for the national uprising that would take place on the streets if they did infact try to disarm America overnight. they KNOW we wouldnt go peacefully, and their would be a very high body count. i dont think they are willing to have that responisbility on their plate. but then again ya never know...they'll have to kill us all. and thats alot of people..

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Armed vigilance is the key, IMHO. I don't mind gaming the system for awhile yet but I also don't mind that the "ruling aristocracy" knows that we're armed to the teeth, trained, and ready.

I've posted this before and it merits saying again: We have made good inroads over the past couple decades as far as 2A rights are concerned as evidenced by the "shall issue" laws and increased reciprocity across state lines. I KNOW that CCW permits are un-Constitutional and we are very far from "shall not infringe". However, the "gun climate" has gotten better. There is also a "state sovereignty" movement afoot. These factors should not be overlooked.

It looks also like we might be able to clean house a little in November. We'll see.

So, we have sufficient reason, at this time, to continue utilizing the political system to further OUR agenda: a truly Consitutional Republic while at the same time preparing for the worst. I will admit that I have pretty minimal confidence in the politicians and sheep who inhabit this land, but I'm willing to wait and see a little longer yet.

Violence should always be the last resort.
    +1 -- excellent post, JJFlash.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

I chose "If they try to take my guns or my freedom I have no problem shooting" . Please keep in mind, ONLY if "THEY" are coming into my house or property without warrant or due cause. IF our society has deteriorated to the point of total confiscation of firearms, I will stand and fight! BUT I really do not see it getting that bad in the future. With that said, I am buying a 30 days supply of MRE's just in case.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast