How far are we willing to go? - Page 5

View Poll Results: How far would you be willing to go?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use my voice and my vote, never violence

8 10.00%
  • I would shoot back if I had to, but I pray I wont need to

37 46.25%
  • If they try to take my guns or my freedom I have no problem shooting

19 23.75%
  • I know it's coming so I am stocking up on ammo and training for the day they try to take my guns!!

16 20.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How far are we willing to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wow, polls like this scare me. Although I have my answer, I will not answer such a question on a public forum. This read by the wrong person/group, and the intent of the OP misconstrued, will do nothing but bring forth the worst, thus forcing the end result that nobody wants from this poll.

My .02 anyway...
    If what you perceive to be true in your above statement is fact, then your fear of polls like this should be the least of your fears. It's later than you think, and fear will dig your grave before your time. God, Guns and Guts made America Free, not fear.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

I think I may have come across wrong. I don't "fear" posting my opinion, nor an adverse outcome (although not desired). My comments simply meant that I don't want to fuel an anti-gun agenda.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I do not know y'alls background, but I have a distinct and close relationship to many people in Germany, who died trusting their "neighbors", as they were led off like sheep to slaughter. They want my guns--they were stolen. They want me--I will not go off to a camp in Idaho. Do you get my drift? Do I think it can happen? Hell yes. I may be old but I am a student of history and I see very little difference to Germany in the late 20's and 30's---it just has not come to total fruition yet. I sure hope it does not but I will not be a sheep, regardless of which neighbor comes to my door to take me away.
    As for the few poster writers who are "tired" of hearing all this stuff, don't read them and don't write about them. Stick with handguns and holsters and defensive scenarios. I try to keep out of this, but as they said in the Sopranos, "I tried to get out but they just keep draggin me back in". I take this subject VERY PERSONALLY and seriously.
    Your absolutely correct, there is very little difference between today and Germany in the late 20's and 30's. The big difference today is TECHNOLOGY. Hitler had the newspaper and the radio to accomplish his goal, nothing compared to what exists today. I had a customer that was a youth in Germany during the Nazi takeover, he told me that the same thing was happening in America, in the same way, except at a more rapid pace. He said no-one would listen to him, he was just an "old man" with a conspiracy theory.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think I may have come across wrong. I don't "fear" posting my opinion, nor an adverse outcome (although not desired). My comments simply meant that I don't want to fuel an anti-gun agenda.
    That's understandable, but the anti-gun agenda is firmly established and will continue with or without our forum discussions. The louder we make our voice, the more people will hear us. It's our voices that will fuel the Pro-Gun Community and alert citizens to the truth. Our voices must be continuously loud and clear to be heard. Only compromise will add fuel to the anti-gun agenda, if you compromise you bleed, and be assured that they can smell your blood.
    Americas Epitaph

To kelcarry: thank you for your post! We ALL need to be reminded of events from history. Many Germans were convinced of Hitler's agenda simply because "the trains were finally running on time"! I, too, concur with those of you who have stated, (I paraphrase here) "a neighbor who would take my gun is not my neighbor". I bought my first gun in 1998 when Clinton was in office. I had no ill will against owning a gun prior to that time, I believed in the 2nd amendment. However, when I saw his administration"s platform on firearms (the assault weapon's ban), I knew it was time to get involved!!! I joined the NRA, contacted my fellow local gun enthusiasts, convinced my wife of the nobility of this crusade (AND IT IS!). I embraced the philosophy of my former prez (Charlton Heston); "out of my cold, dead, hands". No one will take my gun while I live & breath!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    That's understandable, but the anti-gun agenda is firmly established and will continue with or without our forum discussions. The louder we make our voice, the more people will hear us. It's our voices that will fuel the Pro-Gun Community and alert citizens to the truth. Our voices must be continuously loud and clear to be heard. Only compromise will add fuel to the anti-gun agenda, if you compromise you bleed, and be assured that they can smell your blood.
    I agree!! Do not give them one single millimeter!! We stand united against anymore deterioration of our God given rights!!

Live Free or Die
    Last edited by depoeslew; 02-16-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: add quote

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If what you perceive to be true in your above statement is fact, then your fear of polls like this should be the least of your fears. It's later than you think, and fear will dig your grave before your time. God, Guns and Guts made America Free, not fear.

and its God, Guns and Guts that will make America free again!
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Does anyone know if the sheep who allowed their firearms to be confiscated in the aftermath of Katrina ever get them back?

I'm disinclined to acquiesce the request of anyone seeking to confiscate my firearms under the guise of martial law. That was the excuse being used for the confiscation of firearms in the wake of Katrina or any other public disorder (LA riots).

Why have the people in charge of public safety never used a "posse"? The dictionary defines a posse as a body of men, typically armed, summoned by a sheriff to enforce the law. Am I wrong in thinking that instead of seeking to take away guns from law abiding citizens during a public disorder, they should be trying to enlist our services?

They still don't understand what "shall not infringe" means. Anyway, I haven't heard anything about them ever getting their guns back. I don't think martial law was declared either.
    Americas Epitaph

I had forgotten this poll for a day or two as I was busy with my presentation but last night we were watching FoxNews and there was this guy from the Oath Keepers being interviewed and I asked my husband about the same thing similar to this poll above and I reckon that if he will take this poll, he will choose #3 here.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast