How would you classify our situation in the Senate? - Page 3

View Poll Results: How would you classify our situation in the Senate?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • absolutely hopeless

15 26.32%
  • an uphill battle with room for improvement

25 43.86%
  • we have a handle on it

0 0%
  • this is just the start of something bigger than all of us

15 26.32%
  • other (please post response and defend your position)

2 3.51%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you classify our situation in the Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I prefer to view the glass as half full! I am very optimistic that 2010 and 2012 will bring the change that we truly can live with and that will ensure the survival of our Constitutional Republic.

I sure hope you're right !

Other

On the gun issue, NO ONE in either house who's in any position of influence in either party wants anything to do with new gun control laws.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Quote Originally Posted by kengrubb View Post
    Other

On the gun issue, NO ONE in either house who's in any position of influence in either party wants anything to do with new gun control laws.
    I will have to adamantly disagree in no uncertain terms...

Virtually every Democrat (100%) in the Senate alone sold-us down the river specifically on the gun issue on their rubber-stamp vote alone for the confirmation of rabidly anti-constitution, anti-second amendment Associate Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor last year, who will lkely be a nail in our side for the next 40 years...

AS did 8 Senate RINO's over & over again...

ObamaCare IS ANTI-GUN! Which the entire majority in BOTH HOUSES & THE PRESIDENT UNEQUIVOCALLY SUPPORT!

WTFU SHEEPLE!

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

ObamaCare IS anti-gun

Bohemian, you are so right! If the Health Reform bill passes, all the government would have to do, to outlaw gunownership, is declare that guns are a health risk! Case closed!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

6. The Senate and House of Representatives are full of self-centered, egoist whose aim is to be re-elected and increase their personal wealth. Both are out of touch of the middle class.

time to clean house, by that i mean from the presidency down..
    Old f++t with a .45 colt

There are so many things wrong with our present Legislators, where do we start? As for the one comment from one of my fellow USAF Retiree's pertaining to "Term Limits", We the People don't write or vote on bills in the House or Senate, Congressmen & Senators do, and their never going to shoot themselves in the foot that way lets face facts... It ain't gonna happen! The only hammer we have is our voting power, (which is supposed to tell our electorates who to cast their votes for). If we don't like our representatives, we can vote them out of office. As far as Obama and Reid coming up with their "Reconciliation Vote" of 51 votes on ObamaCare, that is unconstitutional and illegal and will surely result in litigation if they try using that tactic to shove their crap down our throats.

Exclamation I think you are on to something

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    There are so many things wrong with our present Legislators, where do we start? As for the one comment from one of my fellow USAF Retiree's pertaining to "Term Limits", We the People don't write or vote on bills in the House or Senate, Congressmen & Senators do, and their never going to shoot themselves in the foot that way lets face facts... It ain't gonna happen! The only hammer we have is our voting power, (which is supposed to tell our electorates who to cast their votes for). If we don't like our representatives, we can vote them out of office. As far as Obama and Reid coming up with their "Reconciliation Vote" of 51 votes on ObamaCare, that is unconstitutional and illegal and will surely result in litigation if they try using that tactic to shove their crap down our throats.
    I think you are right! Welcome aboard!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123