Are we doomed? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Are we doomed?

  1. Are we doomed?

    Is this a rhetorical question?
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,970
    Whenever I drive by a military cemetery it saddens me to think that all of the patriots that are buried there, died fighting to protect our country from everything our present administration stands for.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  4. #23
    If things don't turn around and soon, I truly and honestlly think that secession will be the only recourse.

    Let's get down to brass tacks: While there are some 90 million gun owners in the U.S., what percentage is willing to stand and fight if it came to that? I bet the lion's share will meekly give up their 2A RKBA and the rest of their rights.

    Even if we had serious numbers of armed patriots willing to stand and fight, can we win? We're not organized in any meaningful way and we don't have the firepower to resist "them". At best, when the SHTF, we will be relegated to a ragtag rear action of resistance. Because the sheep will not be roused, and there is no one waiting in the wings to enjoin our battle, resistance of this type will not accomplish anything in the short or long term.

    Some will choose not to fight and will retreat to the hinterland (e.g., northern Idaho, Alaska) to barricade themselves off from the rest of society. Even if they're left alone, this response does nothing for The Cause (i.e., restoring the Constitutional Republic this country was meant to be).

    Perhaps we should be focused on the "state sovereignty" movement which is gaining steam right now. It remains to be seen whether this will accomplish anything as all "they" have to do is to withhold funding and that will bring many states back to heel. However, this is a major structural component in our country, different from say England, which might help to stave off action from the federal gov't, at least for a bit.

    IMHO, we should be identifying a state or states where we will make a stand (much like the "free state project" which settled in Vermont). However, this needs to be done NOW as it will take time. And you have to ask: are Patriots willing to uproot family and finance to do this? I don't know...it might help if there was a state or states (Texas, the rest of the old Confederacy?) willing to put it on the line.

    Lots of issues and questions. And the clock is ticking....

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Whenever I drive by a military cemetery it saddens me to think that all of the patriots that are buried there, died fighting to protect our country from everything our present administration stands for.
    The best our nation had to offer is forever lost to us and unable to improve our world.





    The worst crap in our society is supported, encouraged and nurtured by the scum in 'government' - enabling it to further destroy our way of life.


    Talk about discouraging...



    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,970
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Are we doomed?

    Is this a rhetorical question?
    Are we doomed, what does God say? (Romans 1:28) Since they (any nation/people) did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, He gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  7. Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Obama tried his change and it looks like it might be stopped. I was really happy with this. Then I started thinking. No, I sure didn't change to an Obama supporter. But follow my thought. If his big changes are stopped and he just kind of coasts along the rest of his term with few real ups or downs(I think likely). In the next election the republicans get a big leg up. And then in 2012 we get a republican president. Doesn't matter who. What has changed. The nation gets farther in debt. Jobs raise very slowly as there are few industries left in the US. Other countries continue to buy up this country's land and what companies are still profitable. The congress still can not decide to do anything about anything. Spending continues. The gap between the have's and the have not's gets wider. I just can not see an end to the down-hill run. Please someone tell me that I'm all screwed up. I need the good news.
    I agree. I am alarmed at some of the posts I have read where members have stated their belief that this is a two-party nation and that is just a given fact. Can you imagine the founding fathers coming to the conclusion that "we are English colonies and that is just the way it is"? Unless a group like the Tea Party movement can present a viable 3rd party candidate which will shake both major parties to their core, I don't see much change in store. Both Democrats and Republicans are infected with progressives that are tied to special interests groups. They don't represent the people anymore. Everyone is very excited about Scott Brown and rightfully so, however nobody knows whether or not he will be able to stand the pressure from the Republican establishment once he goes to Washington. Remember that Obama also said some conservative things (like tax cuts) when he ran for office, but look what we really got.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    I agree. I am alarmed at some of the posts I have read where members have stated their belief that this is a two-party nation and that is just a given fact. Can you imagine the founding fathers coming to the conclusion that "we are English colonies and that is just the way it is"? Unless a group like the Tea Party movement can present a viable 3rd party candidate which will shake both major parties to their core, I don't see much change in store. Both Democrats and Republicans are infected with progressives that are tied to special interests groups. They don't represent the people anymore. Everyone is very excited about Scott Brown and rightfully so, however nobody knows whether or not he will be able to stand the pressure from the Republican establishment once he goes to Washington. Remember that Obama also said some conservative things (like tax cuts) when he ran for office, but look what we really got.
    Remember that Obama also said some conservative things (like tax cuts) when he ran for office, but look what we really got.

    How do you tell if a politician is telling a lie? If his lips are moving.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #28
    Look at the way a lot of Repugs are playing kissy-face with our Muslim-in-Chief, already, after one piss-poor State of the Union speech in which the MIC threw everything back in our faces. Did anyone stand up to him, to call him out on all the lies...NO, at least not in any meaningful way. Tis not a lot of reason for hope...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Look at the way a lot of Repugs are playing kissy-face with our Muslim-in-Chief, already, after one piss-poor State of the Union speech in which the MIC threw everything back in our faces. Did anyone stand up to him, to call him out on all the lies...NO, at least not in any meaningful way. Tis not a lot of reason for hope...
    Maybe someone can explain to me what the heck fire is going on here. Obummer sends his buddies Bush Jr. and Clinton to Haiti and then GHB and Jeb drop in to the White House for a chat????????

    Curious as can be.

    P.S. anybody who thinks there is a two party system in this country has had the wool pulled over his eyes. If they both walk like ducks, sound like ducks and act like ducks, they must be ducks. It's just that the names were changed to dupe the ignorant.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Maybe someone can explain to me what the heck fire is going on here. Obummer sends his buddies Bush Jr. and Clinton to Haiti and then GHB and Jeb drop in to the White House for a chat????????

    Curious as can be.
    New World Order -- One World Government -- Bilderberg Group -- Trilateral Commission -- George Soros: that's what's going on, hardballer, and it's scary. If we really knew what was going on behind the scenes, it would probably turn our blood cold.

    What gives me comfort during these trying times? The knowledge that, although I don't know what tomorrow holds, I know that God holds tomorrow.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast