Are we doomed? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are we doomed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Are we doomed, what does God say? (Romans 1:28) Since they (any nation/people) did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, He gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.
    This is a good warning. But remember that God also said: "If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." Thankfully God didn't specifiy that it is the leaders who must first take those steps. Perhaps the Tea Party movement will shake up the 2 major parites so much that they will acquire some inspired common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    This is a good warning. But remember that God also said: "If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." Thankfully God didn't specifiy that it is the leaders who must first take those steps. Perhaps the Tea Party movement will shake up the 2 major parites so much that they will acquire some inspired common sense.
    Understood, however, our nation as a whole, having kicked God out of everything, and promoting everything that God has called sin and an abomination, will never humble themselves and turn (repent) from their wicked (sinful) ways. There's only one time in the Bible that I'm aware of (in all of history) that the people humbled themselves, repented and turned from their wicked ways. That was in the Assyrian Empire and the city of Nineveh. Also, there is not one single verse in the entire Bible that states that anything will get better in this world, quite to the contrary.

I'm no theologian and I don't want to start a religious debate, but if the Bible is to be referenced in relation to our world situation, the end of the Book cannot be ignored, or changed. The Bible clearly says that things will wax worse and worse resulting in a One World Government, a One World Dictator, and seven years of Tribulation resulting in the Battle of Armageddon. If you read Jonah 3:6 you'll find that it states that from the greatest (leaders) to the least put on sackcloth, and the king (leader) issued a proclamation (to repent). It is specific that the nation as a whole repented. Prayer is good; how blessed we are that God is long suffering.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Understood, however, our nation as a whole, having kicked God out of everything, and promoting everything that God has called sin and an abomination, will never humble themselves and turn (repent) from their wicked (sinful) ways. There's only one time in the Bible that I'm aware of (in all of history) that the people humbled themselves, repented and turned from their wicked ways. That was in the Assyrian Empire and the city of Nineveh. Also, there is not one single verse in the entire Bible that states that anything will get better in this world, quite to the contrary.

I'm no theologian and I don't want to start a religious debate, but if the Bible is to be referenced in relation to our world situation, the end of the Book cannot be ignored, or changed. The Bible clearly says that things will wax worse and worse resulting in a One World Government, a One World Dictator, and seven years of Tribulation resulting in the Battle of Armageddon. If you read Jonah 3:6 you'll find that it states that from the greatest (leaders) to the least put on sackcloth, and the king (leader) issued a proclamation (to repent). It is specific that the nation as a whole repented. Prayer is good; how blessed we are that God is long suffering.
    I tend to agree with this interpretation. I do NOT see our nation, as a whole, turning to the Lord. While our citizens' claim, by a great majority, to be God-fearing, we're not, by any stretch of the imagination, IMHO. And the Bible makes clear what is going to happen, and it ain't pretty. And it's coming.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post

Yep, the scriptures clearly predict that one day there will be a one-world government. I think the only hope is that even in times of increasing evil, that there will be pockets of people who remain faithful in our country. If the Lord does not rapture the church before the establishment of a one-world government, the only hope will be that we have people who still love the country and remain faithful to God and constituional principles as established by our founding fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    Yep, the scriptures clearly predict that one day there will be a one-world government. I think the only hope is that even in times of increasing evil, that there will be pockets of people who remain faithful in our country. If the Lord does not rapture the church before the establishment of a one-world government, the only hope will be that we have people who still love the country and remain faithful to God and constituional principles as established by our founding fathers.
    I believe that the church will be raptured before a one world government is established. Because, a one world government as described in the Bible will have a one world leader, the Antichrist. The Bible clearly states that the Antichrist will not be revealed until after the "restrainer" has been taken away. The "restrainer" is the true believing, born again church. Like jjFlash said, it's coming. I believe much sooner than we think. Remember that Christ said, " at a time you think not", meaning in other words, at a time when you least expect it.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234