Are we doomed?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we doomed?

Thumbs down Are we doomed?

Obama tried his change and it looks like it might be stopped. I was really happy with this. Then I started thinking. No, I sure didn't change to an Obama supporter. But follow my thought. If his big changes are stopped and he just kind of coasts along the rest of his term with few real ups or downs(I think likely). In the next election the republicans get a big leg up. And then in 2012 we get a republican president. Doesn't matter who. What has changed. The nation gets farther in debt. Jobs raise very slowly as there are few industries left in the US. Other countries continue to buy up this country's land and what companies are still profitable. The congress still can not decide to do anything about anything. Spending continues. The gap between the have's and the have not's gets wider. I just can not see an end to the down-hill run. Please someone tell me that I'm all screwed up. I need the good news.

Sorry to tell you this, brother, but you're not all screwed up. Unless the sheep wake up fast and stay awake, your scenario is the likely one, IMO.

We're not doomed but we have a lot of work to do. People must become aware of the truth of our current situation and realize that our 20th Century experiment with large government has failed. The Federal Government must be reigned in and the Constitution restored as the nation's law.

Don't give up nor despair, just keep working. I know it seems hard to believe, but more people are aware of the desperate situation and wish to change things now than any time I can recall.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Obama has a real agenda that will "substantially transform America. He will continue to push that agenda but possibly more covertly.
    The simplest solution it try to find candidates that at least espouse there belief and adherence to the Constitution and it's "original intent" no matter what party line they run on. Good luck to us trying to figure that one out!

For a long time it has not mattered which party is in power. Some times the move to a Marxist one world government has been rapid as under the currant administration. Some times it has been a little slower but it has always been a constant move.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Just my opinion, but here is where I see this ending.

China decides to call in it's debts.

US can not pay.

WWIII.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    Just my opinion, but here is where I see this ending.

China decides to call in it's debts.

US can not pay.

WWIII.

Never happen. China isn't stupid enough to try to kill the golden goose. BO, is another case.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Never happen. China isn't stupid enough to try to kill the golden goose. BO, is another case.
    I don't necessarily disagree. However when the Golden Goose quits laying the eggs, what then?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree. However when the Golden Goose quits laying the eggs, what then?
    As long as they hold our "paper" they would be stupid to attack us. If they did the "paper" becomes worthless. Our biggest enemy today, is BO and the Dem leaders.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    As long as they hold our "paper" they would be stupid to attack us. If they did the "paper" becomes worthless. Our biggest enemy today, is BO and the Dem leaders.
    I see your point. But think about this. They hold our debt. They want their money. We don't have it.

Because of BHO and congress our defenses are weak.

So they decide to take our property and natural resources as payment.

We don't let them.

WWIII?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast