Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

Thread: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We have a right to life. God gave us teeth, fists, fingernails and the intellect to make tools. He endowed us with a strong will for self-preservation, just as He did all other members of the animal kingdom. The firearm is a technological advancement that enhances our defense of life just as TV and the internet enhance our freedom of speech. The constitution says that the right (which pre-dated the constitution because it comes from God) shall not be infringed. It also says "the right of the people". In all other cases in the constitution "the people" has been interpreted to mean all persons within U.S. jurisdiction - not just citizens. This means that there is no such thing as illegal possession of a firearm. Some might say we need to regulate them to keem out of the hands of convicted (and released) felons and the mentally ill. But then why are knives, hatchets, bows and arrows, and even a can of gasoline and a match not regulated in the same way? If someone is a danger to society they should be incarcerated or hospitalized - rather than punishing the rest of society for exercising their God-given right to self-defense. The tail is wagging the dog.

I certainly can't argue with this viewpoint.

I've often had the same thought process. Why regulate something that can be considered dangerous to a person with "dangerous and/or violent tendencies" and let those people roam free to improvise and still be a threat? To me it makes a lot more sense to take the people out of society who are the problem, not their implements.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We have a right to life. God gave us teeth, fists, fingernails and the intellect to make tools. He endowed us with a strong will for self-preservation, just as He did all other members of the animal kingdom. The firearm is a technological advancement that enhances our defense of life just as TV and the internet enhance our freedom of speech. The constitution says that the right (which pre-dated the constitution because it comes from God) shall not be infringed. It also says "the right of the people". In all other cases in the constitution "the people" has been interpreted to mean all persons within U.S. jurisdiction - not just citizens. This means that there is no such thing as illegal possession of a firearm. Some might say we need to regulate them to keem out of the hands of convicted (and released) felons and the mentally ill. But then why are knives, hatchets, bows and arrows, and even a can of gasoline and a match not regulated in the same way? If someone is a danger to society they should be incarcerated or hospitalized - rather than punishing the rest of society for exercising their God-given right to self-defense. The tail is wagging the dog.
    Some people are real darn good at putting their thoughts on paper ..... I like the way you think !

Members of the animal kingdom?
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Well said avidshooterTX! Darwin stated that the weak or those who fail to adapt to their environment would perish and the strong aka the adaptable would survive. But now we live within civilized society where quite frankly some of those who possess the weak traits made their way into positions of authority at some point and change the rules to suit their own needs/fears. Their fear of guns or their failure to develop an actual survival mindset encroaches on our right as citizens to defend ourselves as pointed out by avidshooterTX. In the interest of protecting the people, California goes to the point of not allowing OC in any "incorporated area"...WHAT? REALLY? Where do CA lawmakers think the bulk of crimes are committed? Out at the rural dairy farms and corn fields where I grew up? Thus my relocation to Nevada...but I digress. The really scary part in my mind is if and when I ever have to shoot one of these criminals, some "Liberal" will try to pervert the statistic and mislead people into believing that the shooting would not have taken place if the gun were not there. Americans more like sheep every passing year take these people and their arguments at face value without verifying the origin of their “data”. At least I know you all are out there and there is still hope.
    Yes, I'm new here, I work on my brevity in the future. Next up, profiling, it's not nice...