Obama does not respect Supreme Court
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama does not respect Supreme Court

Obama does not respect Supreme Court

Obama Criticizes Supreme Court
    January 27, 2010 7:17 PM
    Obama Criticizes Supreme Court - CBS News Video
    President Obama directly condemned the U.S. Supreme Court, during his State of the Union address to Congress, over a decision allowing corporations to contribute to political advertisements.
    31 Comments
    Join the conversation

Share:

Justice Alito mouths 'not true' - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

POLITICO's Kasie Hunt, who's in the House chamber, reports that Justice Samuel Alito mouthed the words "not true" when President Barack Obama criticized the Supreme Court's campaign finance decision.

"Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections," Obama said. "Well I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that’s why I’m urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong."

The shot of the black-robed Supreme Court justices, stone-faced, was priceless.

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) stood up behind the justices and clapped vigorously while Alito shook his head and quietly mouthed his discontent.

Schumer and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md) are trying to find a way to legislate around the Supreme Court decision.

"All you have to do is read the dissent, the four justices who said this will defintely open the floodgates to big corporate special interests. Anybody who thinks that's not true is out of touch with the American political process." Van Hollen said.

Van Hollen told POLITICO he expects to unveil the package in the next 10 days to two weeks.

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) was glad the president called out the Supreme Court.

"He [Alito] deserved to be criticized, if he didn't like it he can mouth whatever they want," Weiner said. "These Supreme Court justices sometimes forget that we live in the real world. They got a real world reminder tonight, if you make a boneheaded decision, someone's going to call you out on it."

But one conservative legal expert took sides with Alito -- at least on the substance of Obama's comments.

“The President’s swipe at the Supreme Court was a breach of decorum, and represents the worst of Washington politics — scapegoating ‘special interest’ bogeymen for all that ails Washington in attempt to silence the diverse range of speakers in our democracy,” said Bradley A. Smith, chairman of the Center for Competitive Politics, in The Corner blog on Nationalreview.com.

Posted by Martin Kady II 10:08 PM

Obama does not respect the one entity in Govt' that can lay his political house flat in a New York Minute
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Too bad SCOTUS won't be taking up the issue of getting Mr. obama to produce his birth certificate anytime soon.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Too bad SCOTUS won't be taking up the issue of getting Mr. obama to produce his birth certificate anytime soon.

gf
    I was thinking the same thing.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Obama Criticizes Supreme Court
    January 27, 2010 7:17 PM
    Obama Criticizes Supreme Court - CBS News Video
    President Obama directly condemned the U.S. Supreme Court, during his State of the Union address to Congress, over a decision allowing corporations to contribute to political advertisements.
    31 Comments
    Join the conversation

Share:

Justice Alito mouths 'not true' - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

POLITICO's Kasie Hunt, who's in the House chamber, reports that Justice Samuel Alito mouthed the words "not true" when President Barack Obama criticized the Supreme Court's campaign finance decision.

"Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections," Obama said. "Well I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that’s why I’m urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong."

The shot of the black-robed Supreme Court justices, stone-faced, was priceless.

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) stood up behind the justices and clapped vigorously while Alito shook his head and quietly mouthed his discontent.

Schumer and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md) are trying to find a way to legislate around the Supreme Court decision.

"All you have to do is read the dissent, the four justices who said this will defintely open the floodgates to big corporate special interests. Anybody who thinks that's not true is out of touch with the American political process." Van Hollen said.

Van Hollen told POLITICO he expects to unveil the package in the next 10 days to two weeks.

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) was glad the president called out the Supreme Court.

"He [Alito] deserved to be criticized, if he didn't like it he can mouth whatever they want," Weiner said. "These Supreme Court justices sometimes forget that we live in the real world. They got a real world reminder tonight, if you make a boneheaded decision, someone's going to call you out on it."

But one conservative legal expert took sides with Alito -- at least on the substance of Obama's comments.

“The President’s swipe at the Supreme Court was a breach of decorum, and represents the worst of Washington politics — scapegoating ‘special interest’ bogeymen for all that ails Washington in attempt to silence the diverse range of speakers in our democracy,” said Bradley A. Smith, chairman of the Center for Competitive Politics, in The Corner blog on Nationalreview.com.

Posted by Martin Kady II 10:08 PM

Obama does not respect the one entity in Govt' that can lay his political house flat in a New York Minute
    He doesn't respect his country, and surely doesn't respect anything that made it great. He and his wife have walked through life with chips on their shoulders with anger towards their country and filled their administration with cohorts, and they can't help showing it.

Obama of course is not the first President to have something to say about the judicial system. Thomas Jefferson worried about them also. The problem with Obummer is he has a problem with them and anyone else that is correct. If he disagrees with them you know they must have made the right decision.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

All the more reason to send his crew packing in 2010... with his sad self following come the 2012 Presidential elections.
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Frankly, it smacks of one branch of the government attempting to intimidate another. I don't care what anyone says about respecting the office of the president, I'd spit on this man's shoes before I'd shake his hand. He thinks he's the f-in KING or something. Such is the depth of my contempt.

Alito is RIGHT!! OBAMA LIED,Not only did they leave in the foreign corporation ban in that law,it is in the Federal election commission laws that forein nationals,and forein corporation CANNOT donate to campaigns or even DONATE TIME.Of course that didn’t stop Obama from taking the donations from 3700 people who had to have their donations CONVERTED FROM FOREIN CURRENCY in 2008!And another $24,000 from a donor in GAZA,who is in Hamas!And last but not least this;The Obama campaign received a substantial amount of money from countries that have an interest in seeing a weak American President: $366,708.22 from China; $25,259.00 from the United Arab Emirates; $7,062.60 from Russia; and $6,716.28 from Saudi Arabia. Obama also took in $6,350.00 from Indonesia; $5,000.00 from Kenya; and $1,750.00 from Egypt. And ALL of this while he KNEW HE WAS VIOLATING FEC LAWS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The problem with Obummer is he has a problem with them and anyone else that is correct. If he disagrees with them you know they must have made the right decision.
    +1 and a huge AMEN
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Here is the reason Obama is against the SCOTUS ruling:

The entire article can be viewed here: FOXNews.com - Lawmakers Race to Limit Corporate Spending on Elections After Court Ruling

The case involves the film by conservative group Citizens United, which criticized then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton during the 2008 Democratic presidential primary campaign.

Citizens United planned to air ads promoting its distribution through cable television video-on-demand services. The FEC said the film amounted to a campaign ad and that Citizens United, an incorporated entity that takes corporate money, could only use limited, disclosed contributions from individuals to promote and broadcast it.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, AFL-CIO, National Rifle Association and other groups sided with Citizens United in calling for a loosening of restrictions.

"This is a victory for Citizens United, but even more so for the First Amendment rights of all Americans," said Citizens United President David Bossie. "The fault line on this issue does not split liberals and conservatives or Republicans and Democrats. Instead, it pits entrenched establishment politicians against the very people whom they are elected to serve."

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell called the ruling a "monumental decision" that restores First Amendment rights to those who want to "express themselves about political candidates."

"Our democracy depends upon free speech, not just for some but for all," he said in a statement.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast