Border checkpoint - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Border checkpoint

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Wonder when we'll have to carry "papers", just traveling between States, like they had to do in Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia?
    National ID card a disaster in the making - CNET News
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulpatton View Post
    I've been traveiling TX for years and the check points for an honest person is no problem. Spainish accents from most Mexicans is prevalent, everywhere.
    They do a good job, IMHO
    Peaceful
    I have no problems with immigrants per se. The problem was a person with a heavy Mexican accent asking my wife and I if we were U.S. citizens. As I said I'm very conflicted on this whole thing - being a law-and-order type of guy. But I don't like being asked my business, especially when I never left Texas.

  4. #13
    Does this sound a bit like a small "innocent" step toward Revelation 13:17 to you?
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  5. #14
    Akin to a carry permit. We have to prove ourselves to be law abiding citizens in order to secure a document that "allows" us to exercise a God-given right.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I have no problems with immigrants per se. The problem was a person with a heavy Mexican accent asking my wife and I if we were U.S. citizens. As I said I'm very conflicted on this whole thing - being a law-and-order type of guy. But I don't like being asked my business, especially when I never left Texas.
    Maybe he is just new here...I have a heavy accent too because I am an Aussie...do you think being a citizen here changed my accent? Nothing to do with it, huh? Don't you think? So...settle down...everybody that ever cross the border will be asked upon coming back IF all the occupants of the vehicle IS A US CITIZEN. There are times that profiling does not work. Sometimes it depends on the patrol whether he/she believes you or not. If you are a regular cross-er on the border, sometimes they recognize you and wouldn't ask. With all the ***** happening in this country, you need to be more patient and also vigilant and be ready to defend too, if/when it comes to that. It is not hard to answer that question. The person's accent has nothing to do with it either now, does it...come on...'fess up....

    .
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  7. #16
    You guys are missing the point. I never crossed any border. My entire drive was within freakin' Texas!

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    You guys are missing the point. I never crossed any border. My entire drive was within freakin' Texas!
    Yep! I missed the point all right...sorry...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    You guys are missing the point. I never crossed any border. My entire drive was within freakin' Texas!
    That "Check Point" did not make much sense to me. I Had to Google Earth the Texas area you are talking about. Your right, that area is pretty far from anyplace.
    Semper Fi

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Maybe he is just new here...I have a heavy accent too because I am an Aussie...do you think being a citizen here changed my accent? Nothing to do with it, huh? Don't you think? So...settle down...everybody that ever cross the border will be asked upon coming back IF all the occupants of the vehicle IS A US CITIZEN. There are times that profiling does not work. Sometimes it depends on the patrol whether he/she believes you or not. If you are a regular cross-er on the border, sometimes they recognize you and wouldn't ask. With all the ***** happening in this country, you need to be more patient and also vigilant and be ready to defend too, if/when it comes to that. It is not hard to answer that question. The person's accent has nothing to do with it either now, does it...come on...'fess up....

    .
    I'm the same as Tuckers Mum and I've only been here three years and some people can not understand somethings I say
    A good friend will sit next to you in jail and say damn we had fun

  11. #20
    Yes, imagine you're driving from Cleveland OH to Toledo OH on an interstate and suddenly both lanes are blocked and you sit for 20 minutes and inch forward to a border patrol checkpoint with drug-sniffing dogs and someone with a foreign accent wants to look in your car and ask you if you are a U.S. citizen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast