SHTF Advice... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHTF Advice...

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    After all is said, this is a thread that deserves replies not advertisments. There are places in this forum for such material; he could have posted with a reference to other parts of the forum. This goes for many things on these forums including holsters and other gear where the poster is the vendor. More editorial control is needed before the threads become clogged with ads that pose as replies.
    Bohemian is NOT the vendor of this product. He is sharing info with us that he feels may be of use. I have absolutely no problem with this thread. As a matter of fact, I beat BO by a few weeks, as I have my own copy (CD/audio book) of "Hiding Your Guns". If it helps, how can anybody complain?

Keep up the great work, Bohemian. I, for one, am a fan!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    After all is said, this is a thread that deserves replies not advertisments. There are places in this forum for such material; he could have posted with a reference to other parts of the forum. This goes for many things on these forums including holsters and other gear where the poster is the vendor. More editorial control is needed before the threads become clogged with ads that pose as replies.
    I don't necessarily disagree, KC, but I have to admit that I've inadvertently "mis-posted" some comments or even started threads perhaps in the "wrong" forum. It'd be pretty hard to editorially control this, I think.

This is all a non-issue to me...no harm, no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    Amen brother. Can you join us at the 2A March (SAM) in DC 4-19-10?

tfo
    A worthy event, and worthy of consideration.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Bohemian is NOT the vendor of this product. He is sharing info with us that he feels may be of use. I have absolutely no problem with this thread. As a matter of fact, I beat BO by a few weeks, as I have my own copy (CD/audio book) of "Hiding Your Guns". If it helps, how can anybody complain?

Keep up the great work, Bohemian. I, for one, am a fan!
    So, how about another first-hand review? Worth buying?

I remember once upon a time I remarked about seeing The Usurper in Chief referred to as the messiah ( no caps because he is not) on some of the satirical (sp?) posters that Bo was putting in his posts on here. Since I made that reply I have yet to notice said usurper posted as such in one of Bo's posts or replies. Bo,my hat is off to you sir. Thank you,I no longer have that wanna puke feeling when I read one of your post.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

7. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I got no problem with what Bohemian posted; I don't consider it SPAM. As for paying for the info, Bo made an excellent argument to which I further add: if it was free, would that make you feel better about it?

Hey guys, the S may hit the F big time in the future (maybe sooner than we think), so, as far as I'm concerned, anything which anyone wants to post which provides potentially useful info is fine by me. That's why I joined this forum.
    Of course! Absolutely! No problem at all with WHAT Bohemian posted, and I in fact appreciate that he did. However, I was merely making the point that I wish the guy would make that special secret information public instead of charging people for it. That's why I said, "some friend"

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    A worthy event, and worthy of consideration.
    Great! Please join us there, all of you!

tfo
    Armatissimi e liberissimi

I believe my original post was written in the wrong thread and did not get across the real purpose of my reply--so here goes. The internet and these forums are ripe ground for many people who have very different and varied interests that are not consistent with the basic precepts of these forums. Thread writers who profess an opinion on a particular product are then reinforced by users of said product and, in many cases, they are one in the same, with different names and different addresses etc. It is an insidious marketing ploy that is prevalent on the internet and buyer beware---do your own due diligence and do not just rely on a thread and a reply for advice. If it is a hard product like a holster (my example in my previous post), at least find out about return policy---what someone, even someone legitimate, has to say can be misleading or a very personal opinion, and when it comes to personal, a holster is just that. Take glowing recommendations with a grain of salt before you buy something you will regret.

Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom
    As a matter of fact, I beat BO by a few weeks, as I have my own copy (CD/audio book) of "Hiding Your Guns". If it helps, how can anybody complain?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So, how about another first-hand review? Worth buying?
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your question, JJFlash. I just saw your post! "Hide Your Guns" contains some very useful info. Here is a list of most of the topics covered:
    the basics of home safety; the refuge room; safe room supplies (from the U.S. Dept. of Justice); inexpensive gun safes; high end safes and gun vaults; simple hiding places -- putting empty space to work; elaborate hides -- modifying floor, ceiling and wall systems; know your limitations; weapons caching -- hides vs. caches; caching strategies; urban caching challenges; preparing a cache; different packs for your survival cache -- the medical pack, the travel pack; pipe cache materials -- building your cache tube; things to put in your cache besides guns; preparing and packing your weapons cache; concealing a cache -- landmarks, accessibility, security, tools; metal detectors - how they work - description of the 3 technologies (VLF, PI and BFO); metal detector deterrents; the "Rule of Squares"; staying below the radar; Biblical response to self-defense, guns and 2A rights.

As you can see, it covers a tremendous amount of information. I, personally, feel like it was money well spent. Some of the info I already knew (some of it is just common sense) but it does contain some real gems that were enlightening. Should YOU buy it? That is a decision that only you can make.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Thanks, CW&M, great reveiw, just the detail I was looking for. I'm gonna pick it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12